Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Looks like we get the extella event for a week: https://webview.fate-go.us/2017/extella_release_celebration/

More time to save for Okita!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That's the first non default outfit in the NA version. It's abilities are

Arts Up (1 Ally) (1 Turn)
Critical Star Drop Rate Up (1 Ally) (1 Turn)
Remove Buffs (1 Enemy)

It's not very good unless you're running some bizarre arts crit team.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Its a shame the Spiritron Portrait CE is so trash, it'd be cute to equip the matching CE on the respective Servant.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Chomping at the bit for Okeanos, but it's cool that we're getting shifted around promotions.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This game is stupid and I hate it.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
More Gold Apples are always welcome

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Nate RFB posted:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

That's the first non default outfit in the NA version. It's abilities are

Arts Up (1 Ally) (1 Turn)
Critical Star Drop Rate Up (1 Ally) (1 Turn)
Remove Buffs (1 Enemy)

It's not very good unless you're running some bizarre arts crit team.

Bizarre? That's how the original Vlad crit Arts team works

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

HiveCommander posted:

You can filter cards by NP level

Oh right, I'm so used to filtering by Servant level that I forgot you can actually do other things too! My bad. :v:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
At this point it's probably better to just roll again not to try to get Gil, but so I can get one last Imaginary Element to get it to 4/4 and have basically a second Kaleidoscope.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cpaf posted:

Looks like we get the extella event for a week: https://webview.fate-go.us/2017/extella_release_celebration/

More time to save for Okita!

That CE reminds me, exactly how do those "gain _ crit stars each turn" CEs work? Do they just add stars to the pool every turn? Do they automatically go to the servant who equips the CE? Are they a hidden chance to crit for that many stars?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

That CE reminds me, exactly how do those "gain _ crit stars each turn" CEs work? Do they just add stars to the pool every turn? Do they automatically go to the servant who equips the CE? Are they a hidden chance to crit for that many stars?

Based on watching Jeanne I'm pretty sure it's just the first one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

they just add stars to the pool, nothing complicated.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Anyone keeping up with the Riyo's FGO manga on Thursdays?

The current arc looks to be coming to a hilarious end.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
So will Tamamo no mae be available in the gacha then?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Soylentbits posted:

If it follows Japan she'll be on limited Rateup come Halloween and then she'll be permanently added to the gacha when Londinium (4th Singularity) is released.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Is this upcoming event going to be a meaningful gacha draw opportunity or just another week of grinding mats?

For now I've just been pounding dailies for days while they're half off.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

They haven't announced a gatcha for the Extella event so probably not.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

delfin posted:

Is this upcoming event going to be a meaningful gacha draw opportunity or just another week of grinding mats?

For now I've just been pounding dailies for days while they're half off.
nerofest has nero.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Is Tamamo any good? I feel like I've gotten to hear about a good deal of the great 4*/5*s worth shooting for at this point, but never heard a peep about her. I like her third sprite a lot at least.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tamamo is incredibly good, but she's built specifically for an arts team. she combos amazingly with vlad, but she isnt as all-purpose as waver or merlin.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

NRVNQSR posted:

They haven't announced a gatcha for the Extella event so probably not.

Boo. Game is getting kinda boring. Need more things to do.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Is Tamamo any good? I feel like I've gotten to hear about a good deal of the great 4*/5*s worth shooting for at this point, but never heard a peep about her. I like her third sprite a lot at least.

She's the staple Arts team Support Caster. She doesn't slot into any team like Waver or Merlin does, but that's not exactly a bar many Servants can clear.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

In a way, I'm glad I got impatient and blew a few more pulls on the Gil even even though I already rolled him.

It really helped drive into my thick skull that the odds are bad and should discourage me from ever spending money on this.

probably

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

a kitten posted:

In a way, I'm glad I got impatient and blew a few more pulls on the Gil even even though I already rolled him.

It really helped drive into my thick skull that the odds are bad and should discourage me from ever spending money on this.

probably

No you do not understand. it is precisely because the odds are so bad that you need to spend spend spend and ensure you have at least 3000 quartz ready at all times to spend on your husbando/waifu.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Vengarr posted:

If you feed a CE a copy of itself its max level increases, do that four times and its base effect improves. This can make some 3* CEs actually decent, like Dragon Meridian (you start with 50% NP instead of 30%) or Grimoire.

That's it really. Although the stat boosts from a max-level 5* CE can be considerable, so its worth upgrading them. A max-level Kaleidoscope boosts Attack by 2,000 points. (You will never get a max-level Kaleidoscope)

Azoth Blade and Black Keys will always suck. Their only use is to feed other CEs or be burned for Prisms.

My level 98 Limited / Zero Over begs to differ! (JP Server and it's taken two years :ssh: albeit I think there's a couple of events I didn't optimize my acquisition and usage of XP CE's)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Do the things you say actually make any difference in the game, or just in the immediate reactions of those around you? I don't want to inadvertently piss off Mash and not realize it and have it come back to bite me one day or something.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

You can skip every single cutscene, nothing matters.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Dj Meow Mix posted:

You can skip every single cutscene, nothing matters.

This also applies for real life.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So, for the 4 Calvaries (sic) Event quest (and the other one) what classes do you guys recommend using? I'm take Jeanne because of course, but should I try to play the triangle, or should I take from the Archer/Saber/Lancer crowd to avoid being weak at all?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

PureRok posted:

So, for the 4 Calvaries (sic) Event quest (and the other one) what classes do you guys recommend using? I'm take Jeanne because of course, but should I try to play the triangle, or should I take from the Archer/Saber/Lancer crowd to avoid being weak at all?

Just use Jeanne and whatever damage dealers you have levelled, in my opinion. I now just run both quests with Jeanne/Herc/Altria and it works equally well for both. Just make sure you don't put your entire team on-triangle, as then you run the risk of having the wrong ones die and be left with nothing against the boss.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

a kitten posted:

probably

I have Waver and though to myself that I have already beaten this game as I have the greatest servant so decided to blow everything on the Gatcha. Because YOLO and I got crappy CEs and my final roll gave me Sumanai...:suicide:

I feel a huge void in my heart... never spend money on this game, buy 1 quartz so you can recover your account but after that no...no more...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I've been having a ridiculous run of good luck tonight in Piece farming. Just had a match with 3 Monuments and a Piece.

Guess it's a nice send-off to the glory days of 1/2 AP quests.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Which event difficulty is best for piece farming?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

EzEight posted:

I feel a huge void in my heart... never spend money on this game, buy 1 quartz so you can recover your account but after that no...no more...

I remain open to the possibility of spending money on some of the guaranteed 5* servant events. Like the 2016 New Years special summon; there's basically nothing on that list I wouldn't be happy with, even potential NP2 duplicates.

Even so the game still has to convince me that it's worth 30 quartz of cash money by the time that happens.

PureRok posted:

Run Advanced if you can. Technically pieces per AP is slightly better at the intermediate level but you'll need monuments soon enough and you'll regret having wasted AP on the easy stuff.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

PureRok posted:

30AP, since you are guaranteed at least something at the end. They still kind of suck though!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

PureRok posted:

The 15/30 AP one. it guarantees at least 1 drop from the final round.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I just saw the ultimate whale.

I'm talking all slots filled with 5*s with NP 5 equipped with all maxed out Kaleidascope.

Archer slot had NP5 Gilgamesh. Caster slot had NP5 Waver.

Its like seeing Seto Kaiba in reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That dude must have spent like 10 grand on this game to get that. Holy poo poo. We haven't even gotten to the actually good stuff yet buddy, slow down.