Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Sen Warner looked legit shook when the 8th guy was revealed

I'm betting there is just an astonishingly absurd amount of money being pumped into the entire Republican party by Russian oligarchs. No proof of that, just a gut feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I'm super enjoying the lack of reporting on the shot Australian lady.

The usual characters can't use dog whistle racism to simultaneously suck cop dick while inciting outrage at the thought of cops doing something unjustified.

In this case they can either
1) Suck a black, immigrant, Mohammad Cop's dick
Or
2) Overt racism claiming a black cops just can't help themselves and he should be nailed to the wall.

Most major outrage machines have just not covered it beyond the fact that it happened. Some of the more insane right wing sources have decided that Black is more important than Cop and are spinning it that way.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

maddow reporting that muellers team called the 8th guy for an interview last weekend. So they're ahead of the news cycle

poo poo is real

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Mueller is gonna be the end of Donald J. Trump. That or his impending stroke/heart attack.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

when do the russians involved start fleeing the country?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

when do we get to RICO the republican party

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Mueller is gonna be the end of Donald J. Trump. That or his impending stroke/heart attack.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

when do we get to RICO the democratic party

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

75 is the average life expectancy and trump only eats salads drenched in ranch and he's 71 so its 50/50 odds nature takes him off this wretched planet within the next four years

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
This is the darkest timeline, we should be so lucky.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I mean he is the president so he's going to have exceptional and immediate first class health care the second he coughs but he's also shoveling ketchup drenched steaks down his gullet while he rages out to CNN so I feel like its gonna balance out the odds back to a life expectancy of 75. If I started mailing him twinkies in the hopes that he developes diabetes would that warrant a visit from the secret service?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
A well done steak with ketchup....

I think that might be the most childish thing about him bing bing bong.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Hot on the heels of that cop who shot yoga mom, three Baltimore officers enter the dumbass of the week-competition:

https://twitter.com/justin_fenton/status/887504546074939393

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain/status/887357576148647936

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

:vince:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
DNC political operatives so out of touch that they think the USSR is still a driving force for international communism...

The actual tweet is still up, but if she doesn't take it down in the next couple of hours she's a bigger idiot than I thought.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Sorry for low content, but this is pretty funny

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/887659716138201088

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Missionary Positron posted:

Hot on the heels of that cop who shot yoga mom, three Baltimore officers enter the dumbass of the week-competition:

does this give people previously arrested by this guy (specifically on drug charges, if it makes a difference) a way out of jail? he kind of shotgun blasted his credibility here.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Cugel the Clever posted:

DNC political operatives so out of touch that they think the USSR is still a driving force for international communism...

The actual tweet is still up, but if she doesn't take it down in the next couple of hours she's a bigger idiot than I thought.

To be honest, that's a better description of the Russian government than as a democracy.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's a nice reminder of who the Republicans sold their soul to. They failed St Ronnie Moron in a big way.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Holy poo poo, is that the new Twin Peaks? :lol:

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

TBeats posted:

does this give people previously arrested by this guy (specifically on drug charges, if it makes a difference) a way out of jail? he kind of shotgun blasted his credibility here.

Yep, most of the time DAs will just dismiss all pending cases, and why most (decent) departments are so heavy on people lying, makes everything they touch unprosecutable. Not 100% if it means anything automatic for people already convicted but if they appeal their charge I'm sure this would be a big factor

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Every case this guy has ever touched is 100% done unless you have other officers as witnesses, and even then the defense is gonna get this guy on the stand an destroy him.

This guy is a loving idiot. He probably legit found the drugs there and then decided to go back and get the recovery on camera but either way he's a fuckin moron and he's getting fired.

I should be allowed to punch guys like this in the face every time we lose a case because the juries don't believe police testimony.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

TBeats posted:

According to that guy's twitter feed, the SAO dropped the charges once that video made it's way up the chain of command.

threelemmings posted:

Yep, most of the time DAs will just dismiss all pending cases, and why most (decent) departments are so heavy on people lying, makes everything they touch unprosecutable. Not 100% if it means anything automatic for people already convicted but if they appeal their charge I'm sure this would be a big factor

Not sure what will happen to people who were previously convicted by this cops testimony, but when a Massachusetts Crime Lab tech was discovered doctoring results, so a fuckton of cases were overturned and thrown out.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 19, 2017

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Smiling Jack posted:

Every case this guy has ever touched is 100% done unless you have other officers as witnesses, and even then the defense is gonna get this guy on the stand an destroy him.

This guy is a loving idiot. He probably legit found the drugs there and then decided to go back and get the recovery on camera but either way he's a fuckin moron and he's getting fired.

I should be allowed to punch guys like this in the face every time we lose a case because the juries don't believe police testimony.

And maybe Baltimore PD is just full of pieces of poo poo? The other two dudes with him sure didn't see a problem!

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I'll punch them in the face also

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

my kinda ape posted:

And maybe Baltimore PD is just full of pieces of poo poo? The other two dudes with him sure didn't see a problem!

"Didn't see it" is probably exactly what they will claim. Or would have, if they weren't on camera.

TBeats posted:

Brady List!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
360 video of Ukrainian children age 9-17 learning how to fight against the Russians in a summer camp

Fidget spinners are a big deal in Russia

quote:

Commentators piled on, noting that the spinners might indeed be an attempt to “zombify people” so that they could be manipulated.

“In such a manner, our opposition is luring the youth,” Ruslan Ostashko, the editor in chief of a pro-Kremlin website, PolitRussia.ru, told Rossiya 24 in a separate report. “Those who understand political technologies, they understand very clearly that this simple thing is controlling the masses.”

Scores Found Guilty in Thailand in Human-Trafficking Case

quote:

A court in Thailand on Wednesday convicted scores of defendants accused of organizing a human-trafficking ring that enslaved hundreds of people, dozens of whom were found buried in a mass grave near a secret jungle camp in which they had been imprisoned, tortured and held for ransom.

The 102 defendants, including a Thai general, police officers, and smugglers from Bangladesh, Myanmar and Thailand, were arrested in 2015 after 36 bodies were found in shallow graves near the border with Malaysia. The discovery led to efforts to dismantle a multimillion-dollar smuggling enterprise, and the traffickers soon abandoned their human chattel in jungle camps or in crowded vessels adrift in the Andaman Sea.

quote:

Victims said they had been smuggled from Bangladesh and Myanmar in cramped boats with little food and water. After arriving in Thailand, they were packed into trucks and marched to camps high in the forested mountains of Songkla Province. There, they were imprisoned and made to call their families and beg for ransoms of around $3,000. Some said they had been raped.

When discovering the jungle camp in 2015, the Thai
police described finding bamboo cages, watchtowers and a “torture room.”

quote:

In 2015, the police officer who had first overseen the investigation and who had issued more than 150 warrants fled to Australia after numerous threats to his life.

Uruguay legalized recreational marijuana

quote:

As American states legalize marijuana and governments in the hemisphere rethink the fight against drugs, Uruguay is taking a significant step further: It is the first nation in the world to fully legalize the production and sale of marijuana for recreational use.

Edit: forgot to add this last bit

quote:

But Washington’s views on drug policy appear to carry less weight than ever these days, even in countries that have traditionally been allies.

“Today, what the United States says has never mattered less,” said Mr. Blasina, the museum founder. “We don’t see its president as a reasonable individual whose opinion is worth anything.”

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 19, 2017

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
The Finnish Border Guard is set to receive expanded powers to combat hybrid threats both independently and in collaboration with other security authorities.

quote:

The Ministry of the Interior has drafted a bill that would grant border officers the same powers as police officers under normal circumstances to uphold order and security at border-crossing points, their immediate vicinity, and other areas and facilities controlled by the Finnish Border Guard.

Border officers would, for example, be allowed to use both technical and forcible measures to disable unmanned aerial vehicles flown in the vicinity of border-crossing points as well as locate the operators of such vehicles. They would also be able request assistance from military personnel in conducting traffic control and security checks under special circumstances.

The powers have been designed to effectively allow border officers to respond to serious disturbances in border regions and bring the situation under control until the arrival of law enforcement authorities.

“This means [that the officers would have] the right to carry out clandestine information gathering operations in, for example, hostage situations. The police currently have to lead the response in such situations,” Pekka Koivisto, the head of the legal division at the Finnish Border Guard, commented to Helsingin Sanomat in June.

The newspaper also wrote that the number of border officers is to be stepped up considerably on the eastern border of Finland.

The Ministry of the Interior in its press release defines hybrid threats as any operations designed to exert pressure, inflict damage or cause insecurity or instability. Such operations – which include information campaigns, covert military operations and operations to disturb data networks and other critical infrastructure – may be carried out by unmarked agents who cannot be reliably identified as foreign military personnel.

“The unmarked, so-called green men first took control of border crossing points in Crimea. They had no country patches, but they were very well equipped,” Koivisto said to YLE on Tuesday.

Koivisto was a member of the task force assigned to draft the bill, which is currently being circulated for comments. The Finnish Parliament is expected to discuss the bill this autumn, while the new legislation is to be enacted next spring.

The Finnish government also fast tracked (introduced in May, signed into law earlier this month) a piece of legislation beefing up the military authorities' ability to counter those pesky little green men aka unmarked Russian regulars :toot:

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 19, 2017

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Smiling Jack posted:

This is pretty much how it ends up working in red flyover county, too.
e: unless the guy pled guilty, then his convictions stands.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 19, 2017

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/russianembassy/status/887671115186917377

Fuckin Russia, man.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Pity Russia was busy invading Poland at the time.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Smiling Jack posted:

They got called out quite a bit in the comments

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Smiling Jack posted:

Didn't Poland invite them in to fight off evil Nazis????

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

4Hitler 2

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Why was Hitler Invade popular enough to spawn the 4Hitler 2Invade sequel?

Sometimes I just don't understand Hollywood.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

gently caress, is that what 4-H clubs are?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Waroduce posted:

4Hitler 2

2Fasc2Fuhrerous

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Missionary Positron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZMMzTAv1v4

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

LingcodKilla posted:

Didn't Poland invite them in to fight off evil Nazis????

Nope. The Soviets did discuss a strategic alliance with the U.K., France, and Poland in August '39 but were doing so in bad faith (they demanded freedom of movement within Poland and Romania during peacetime, which was not going to happen) as they were also inking a secret deal with Germany. Once the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact was signed, they stopped talks with the West.

They stayed out for the first two weeks while Poland mobilized its forces to try stave off the Germans. Then they invaded while Poland was focused on ze Germans. At first the Poles thought the Soviets were coming in as allies, but quickly realized it was just Stalin making a land grab under the auspices of "protecting Ukrainians and Belarusians living in Poland."

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Fister Roboto posted:

2Fasc2Fuhrerous

• Locked thread