Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Confession: every time I won in Splatoon, literally every single time after the launch weekend and realized the vibe of the game, I did a little skanking routine when I won, to the beat of the victory theme. This may sound like a Retarded_Clown_ post but it's real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

They didn't even include the scores in the splatfest. But the absolute worst is that the losing music is such an absolute bummer compared to the win music.

what do you mean? it showed kills for both normal splats and special weapons plus the ink percent and #p for each side

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

Confession: every time I won in Splatoon, literally every single time after the launch weekend and realized the vibe of the game, I did a little skanking routine when I won, to the beat of the victory theme. This may sound like a Retarded_Clown_ post but it's real.

I thought I was alone...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

what do you mean? it showed kills for both normal splats and special weapons plus the ink percent and #p for each side

It didn't show the score in the leaderboard, it just showed names, and I think the Ice Cream Power (or Cake Power, if you're a criminal, is just a splatfest mechanic).

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

It didn't show the score in the leaderboard, it just showed names, and I think the Ice Cream Power (or Cake Power, if you're a criminal, is just a splatfest mechanic).

what

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think he means the score that determines how much exp you get. I think that was just set to 0 so you didn't level up in the demo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh that makes sense.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Man Splatzones in S1 really are just nothing but airstrikes. friday can't get here soon enough

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i love splatoon and im looking forward to ruthlessly owning the baby cat on friday

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the nintendo phone app - the one with splatoon 2 integration including voice chat - is out now

Soral
May 30, 2009

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Nintendo you beautiful bastards. You've done it again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah actually they will posted:

the nintendo phone app - the one with splatoon 2 integration including voice chat - is out now

Downloaded, but at the moment all you can do is look a jpg of the Splatoon 2 logo.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

Downloaded, but at the moment all you can do is look a jpg of the Splatoon 2 logo.

app of the year

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Who wants to play salmon run with me day 1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ill be there as soon as it unlocks. Although I think my first goal is to get to Level 4 ASAP so I can use all the modes and shops.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'llnot going to use voice chat :cool:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm not going to use a phone app to voice chat but I'll use discord

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Yeah the chat doesn't seem very useful, but I guess you can modify your gear and maybe view miiverse pictures so it's worth downloading anyways.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i hope the bucket unlocks as fast as possible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

i hope the bucket unlocks as fast as possible

Same here, but Im also open to new weapons.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I need that umbrella shotgun asap

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

im gonna try all the new ones, but i also need ultimate power

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Who wants to play salmon run with me day 1

I thought salmon run was only going to work online at certain times

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's set for 24 hour periods every other day I think. Hopefully day 1

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Evil Eagle posted:

I need that umbrella shotgun asap

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/07/06/salmon-run-detailed-splatoon-2-direct/

The way the schedule works is detailed here but I dunno if it's the real one. I'm jumping on salmon run as soon as it opens up though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/07/06/salmon-run-detailed-splatoon-2-direct/

The way the schedule works is detailed here but I dunno if it's the real one. I'm jumping on salmon run as soon as it opens up though.

Oh...hopefully this is just for public matchmaking and you can do private Salmon Runs wheneve you want.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh...hopefully this is just for public matchmaking and you can do private Salmon Runs wheneve you want.

you cn do them local whenever but i thnk online's only when its on the schedule. im not sure if you can get loot from local salmon run either

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Huh. Weird...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Nah it's a rotating mode for some reason. But it looks like the weapons set you have to use changes each cycle

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

It's set for 24 hour periods every other day I think. Hopefully day 1

like the only mode? it looks bad 2me

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

im glad salmon run is limited time because i wouldnt care enough about a horde mode to play it much if it were always an option but only having limited access to it will trick my small brain into playing it whenever i can

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

when do digital pre-purchases usually go up on a nintendo game's page

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't know if the Switch has done preloading/prepurchasing yet. I think splatoon 2 is only 3GB though so it shouldn't take too long to download.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Fungah! posted:

you cn do them local whenever but i thnk online's only when its on the schedule. im not sure if you can get loot from local salmon run either

this is Bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1 more day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

According to the Splatoon 2 Reddit the games going to be releasing on Midnight EST on the eshop, which apparently ARMS and MK8 did, so it's only a few more hours.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Going to be a long day at work Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Just bought the full game download from target

• Locked thread