Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
interested in Wolf Among Us Season 2. I liked the 1st one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Wow, that Wolf Among Us sequel has been a long time coming!

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
How are telltale still making "games"?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that ending was really interesting and begging for a sequel.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Macarius Wrench posted:

Because people buy and enjoy them?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Batman season 2 out this year,and Walking Dead/Wolf among us out next year

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

glam rock hamhock posted:

Yeah, but even that would require remembering to equip that persona, which I'm bad at doing. Hell, one of the deaths was because I had a Persona that was weak to physical and kept forgetting to never keep him equipped (I finally got rid of him so that wouldn't be a problem).

There's an option in the menu to always keep a selected persona as your primary equipped one, you should enable that. The most dangerous time is when you get ambushed and you have a weak persona equipped, so if you keep a no-weakness one in your primary that will help things

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Macarius Wrench posted:

Casual branded garbage is easy to produce and sell

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Macarius Wrench posted:

Because they're generally well regarded and popular and can work with any franchise? Goons seem to be the main group I see that thinks they're terrible yet somehow that hasn't ruined them.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I like them :unsmith:

Tales from the borderlands is my favorite TT game
Game of Thrones is my least favorite TT game

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

fit em all up in there posted:

Walking Dead/Wolf among us out next year

Is this a crossover

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Sefal posted:

I like them :unsmith:

Tales from the borderlands is my favorite TT game
Game of Thrones is my least favorite TT game

That they announced those three and NOT Tales from the Borderlands 2 is troubling to me.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Telltale "games" are so mediocre. Other than one scene in Walking Dead season 1 which I thought was incredibly done the legless guy in the barn they dont do anything special for me.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

DrNutt posted:

That they announced those three and NOT Tales from the Borderlands 2 is troubling to me.

Maybe 2k wants to continue the story from where tales left off?
I would love a Tales from the Borderlands 2 though.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Sefal posted:

Maybe 2k wants to continue the story from where tales left off?
I would love a Tales from the Borderlands 2 though.

2K should honestly just sell them the rights to the franchise, because Telltale did more with a single game than 2K did with three. They even topped 2K when it came to the licensed music selections.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Count me among the people that would love TftBL 2, what an amazing series that was.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RIP Sam and Max.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Do the Playstation Store summer sale deals change at all, like on Steam? Uncharted 4 doesn't seem to be discounted right now, so I'm wondering if it's worth to wait before buying it. I can't play it right now either way, because I want to check out the Nathan Drake collection first.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

RIP Sam and Max.

They live on in our various internal cavities.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Smol posted:

Do the Playstation Store summer sale deals change at all, like on Steam? Uncharted 4 doesn't seem to be discounted right now, so I'm wondering if it's worth to wait before buying it. I can't play it right now either way, because I want to check out the Nathan Drake collection first.

Uncharted 4 went for $20 back in June, so I'm sure it will go back to that price again. There's really no reason not to hold out for a sale unless you have to play something now, and since you're still working through the others you have the luxury of waiting.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oxxidation posted:

They live on in our various internal cavities.

And the jagged aluminium fragments embedded in our bodies from spending warm summer afternoons playing Fizzball.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
meh, more power to you if you enjoy telltale games but visual novels on a console sounds uncomfortable and not fun, I want to play a game when I sit down to play a game

if I want to passively watch some story, I don't want it to be in lovely, janky video game graphics, I'd rather stick to fitting media and watch a quality movie/show or read a good book

there are exceptions though, the ace attorney games had a great mix of visual novel and light interaction in the cross-examination sections, plus the music helps keep things exciting!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So how do you feel about yakuza which is 90% bad cutscenes and really bad graphics?

I love it fwiw.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The cutscenes are amazing in Yakuza 0

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

The cutscenes are amazing in Yakuza 0

They are of such varying quality.

Without much rhyme or reason, some of are fully prerendered and look great, and some are literally still images.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The still images are amazing also

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

So how do you feel about yakuza which is 90% bad cutscenes and really bad graphics?

I love it fwiw.

I have not tried it!

But I generally dislike cutscene heavy games. It's like watching extra lovely TV with janky rear end graphics and terrible production values that interrupts my game play! MGS, Final Fantasy, all them clowns can gently caress right off

I love passive consumption of media though, nothing against movies/books/etc. Games are just an inferior method of delivery for this type of entertainment in every way (for now), barring a few exceptions that really pull it off (ghost trick!!!).

Also immersive story telling like in Bioshock or Dark Souls is tasty as hell and an excellent way to circumvent the fact that games suck at cutscenes

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 19, 2017

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's true, games are a very bad medium for traditional storytelling. But if you liked Phoenix wright for being a mix of visual novel and light interaction, I don't know how telltale games wouldn't qualify as that same thing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Which Bioshock because Infinite has a worse story than all the Telltale games put together.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

What if video games are good... and books are dumb?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Combine the two and read Ready Player One

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Not a single thing I have heard about Ready Player One makes me want to read it, and a lot of what I've heard makes me think it's either bad or that I would strongly dislike it.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Sakurazuka posted:

Combine the two and read Ready Player One

Sorry but it doesn't hold a candle to FX Nine's Metal Gear (Worlds of Power).

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Digirat posted:

But if you liked Phoenix wright for being a mix of visual novel and light interaction, I don't know how telltale games wouldn't qualify as that same thing

It could be portability + the subject matter. Yet Another Goddamn loving Batman Story Jesus Christ or Borderlands The Plot-ening isn't nearly as interesting or novel (heh) as anime courtroom hijinks.

Plus I can get comfy in bed while I follow the adventures of my friends Phoenix, Apollo, and Athena whereas the PS4 is a whole process and bleh I may as well play something with actual gameplay if I'm going to bother with that setup

(E: as far as Bioshock Infinite vs telltale, well the fact that I get to shoot guns and use spells on enemies already makes the storytelling way better in infinite)

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 19, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did Shadow Warrior 2 end up good and how is the PS4 version?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

But BioShock Infinite has some of the worst shooting in a AAA game, ever. the shooting QTEs in Walking Dead handle better than the shooting in BioShock

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
meh people poo poo on infinite a lot because it's not system shock but as someone who wasn't looking for the magnus opus of video gaming ever, I personally think infinite has a great setting, decent story, and serviceable gameplay, putting it in the top ten-fifteen percent of all games

like I promise you, you have to be a gaming nerd to notice how "lovely" infinite handles (it's not great for sure)

it regressed a little from the original bioshock in a few ways sure and the bird was a giant wet fart, but it's still a good game with amazing visuals all around, only Internet People really seem to get super down on it.

It didn't help that Levine's vision was clearly cut back on the finished product, it's the biggest sin you can commit as far as gamers on video game forums are concerned.

E: on that note, what AAA game doesn't feel rushed to poo poo and cobbled together to some degree these days?

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 19, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KingSlime posted:

It didn't help that Levine's vision was clearly cut back on the finished product, it's the biggest sin you can commit as far as gamers on video game forums are concerned.

Fortunately we got Levine's full vision in the DLCs!

It was even worse. Like way worse.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

But BioShock Infinite has some of the worst shooting in a AAA game, ever. the shooting QTEs in Walking Dead handle better than the shooting in BioShock

God the combat in Infinite was so bland, I can't remember a single power other than the one that possesses turrets and one that makes an explosion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Andrast posted:

Fortunately we got Levine's full vision in the DLCs!

It was even worse. Like way worse.

haha I skipped it entirely! That's a shame because I heard minerva's den is really, really good (I haven't tried that one out either for some weird reason even though I certainly enjoyed Bioshock 2)

Addendum: I liked the crow power in infinite and bucking bronco. Also the models for the little bottles were really slick.

Also their boss/mini boss design is criminally atrocious across every single bioshock game. That loving company doesn't know how to make fun boss fights or wrap up their games in any way that resembles competence. That I can rant about for hours.

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 19, 2017