Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I want to see a picture of trump with that bathing suit on that is just a picture of his face. That would rule.

with his balls just hanging out either side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Welp this is infurirating

quote:

Today’s financial regulators
seem to be striving for multiple amorphous goals, including eliminating
Market-Based Financial Regulation risk, creating a failure-free financial system, and directing capital to satisfy
noneconomic objectives.

Risk taking must be part of the financial system. As former US Securities
and Exchange Commission (SEC) member and contributor to this volume
Daniel M. Gallagher noted in a 2014 speech before the Institute of International
Bankers, “In the capital markets, there is no opportunity without risk—and
that means real risk, with a real potential for losses.”10 Thus, people who provide
capital to an enterprise sign on to sharing in the potential gains and losses,
and the regulatory framework should not stand in the way.
Market discipline is a missing ingredient in the regulation of the financial
system. Financial institutions and products must be allowed to disappear
when they do not meet the needs of their customers. Failure, perhaps counterintuitively,
can enhance the long-term health of the financial system.11 A
well-regulated but competitive financial system manages failure to minimize
devastating consequences to households and the economy, while bidding
an unsentimental farewell to failed firms and welcoming in their place new
entrants with products and services that meet customer needs.

https://www.mercatus.org/system/files/peirce_reframing_ch0.pdf

2008 and the whole economic system teetering on collapse didn't happen i guess. Time for some more NINA loans stat!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

I feel like he's getting more unhinged, but he's also a massive pussy.

p. much

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sexual Lorax posted:

neither rain nor snow nor sleet nor hail nor botnets nor rogue backhoes nor denial of service attacks nor shall keep the postmen from their appointed rounds

There's been a lot of construction near where I work lately and let me tell you - a rogue backhoe does what a rogue backhoe pleases

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
accidental balls snipe

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's p lol that he's a medical lobbyist these days

also a lobbyist for MEK!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

donald trump rules

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Epic High Five posted:

There's been a lot of construction near where I work lately and let me tell you - a rogue backhoe does what a rogue backhoe pleases

killdozer showed us all how to bring these sons of bitches down

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

It's just a gimmick I use.

I'm constantly berating the dudes at my job who mention Hilldawg, I just do it here 'cause goons hate to be reminded that they were all in for a literal slave owning drone queen

you sound like a pleasure to work with

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
On one hand I think trump would do just about anything to undermine Obama. On the other hand he is a coward who wants healthcare to be 100% on the Senate unless it helps people.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

holy gently caress

quote:

Thomas Hogan and Kristine Johnson focus on deposit insurance in chapter 3 and make the case that government provided
deposit insurance fosters moral hazard by eliminating the incentives for depositors to monitor bank activities. They consider alternatives, including
private forms of deposit insurance.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

fits my needs posted:

wait, your not a college student!? how do you make so many posts. it's inhuman.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

Gringostar posted:

and then we're gona nationalize the networks

and then we're gona nationalize the housing industry

we're never gona stop nationalizing thing!

I can't find it but pretend I posted the ": corbyn points at seagull: "nationalized!"" tweet

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Psychos everyone of them.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Shageletic posted:

holy gently caress

:stonk:

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

ah yes, the inconcievable health coverage plan funded through the awesome and terrifying eldritch forces of yog-sothoth. health insurance plans that you can not dream of, lest you go mad and fall into a slumber of eternal nightmare. do not attempt to think of this health coverage legislation, as doing so is the folly of fools and madmen whose lust for power will be their own unraveling.

its an app that rounds up credit card charges to the nearest dollar and puts that money into a tax-deductable (nonrefundable) health savings account *brain explodes*

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol one of the right wingers on my stone garden facebook feed (who is a single mom and massively welfare beneficiary) posts yet another right wing OORAH blog post link, but this one was "TRUMP IS ASKING WHAT TO DO TO WIN IN AFGHANISTAN, TELL US YOUR IDEA" and even on a massively selection biased site like GunsNGlory Army Vets Are Troops Social or whatever, like 3/4 of the responses are "just get the gently caress out already jesus what are we even doing over there"

Of course the other quarter are ALSO in favor of pulling out....but only after literally every town, village, and city is nuked

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
"Mr President we really need you to help sell this Health Care bill to the American people and the more skeptical members of the Senate"

"Look, I had a lunch, what more do you want?"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i think the president of the US may be an idiot

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
bernie should go around and show the swing senators how bing bong simple medicare for all is and they can have their vacation no problem if it passes.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

Shageletic posted:

holy gently caress

Wildcat banking systems own

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Price!
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/887726607342940160

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shageletic posted:

holy gently caress

lol this would obliterate the economy during a crash. like straight up undo it. there would be no more economy if this were to happen.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
NO!

SLEEP!

TIL BCRA!— *pitches forward onto desk, starts snoring*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

its lunchtime on the east coast now

hows taht healthcare treatin u

*crunches my way through my nothingburger*

[flatly] its horrifying

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

shiksa posted:

bernie should go around and show the swing senators how bing bong simple medicare for all is and they can have their vacation no problem if it passes.

Or just arrest them all and pass it anyway.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

anime was right posted:

lol this would obliterate the economy during a crash. like straight up undo it. there would be no more economy if this were to happen.

sounds good to me

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

anime was right posted:

literally the 1928 crash all over again

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Stop talking and do something you fat old bitch I lust for chaos

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
i'd definitely run on my bank immediately if fdic was gone

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Carrier celebrated 6 months of Trump by laying off 300 people they said they wouldn't

Then they cashed a check for 3.5 million in taxpayer funds to do so

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Hill posted:

A top member of the House GOP whip team unleashed on Senate Republicans Wednesday for failing to advance legislation to repeal and replace ObamaCare, saying that his colleagues have “failed the American people.”

“The Senate has failed the American people and abandoned voters who were promised that they would repeal and replace the disastrous Obamacare," Rep. Dennis Ross (R-Fla.), a senior deputy House majority whip, said in an extraordinary five-paragraph statement. "The House did its job. We honored our pledge and passed legislation to repeal and replace Obamacare in early May. There is no need to sugar coat this: I’m very upset with the Senate.”

He expressed frustration that the Senate has nothing to show for the past seven months of working to fulfill a nearly decade-long campaign promise, despite across-the-board GOP control of Congress and the White House.

“Senators have now wasted seven months doing nothing,” Ross said. “The American people are sick of the excuses from Senators. I’m sick of the excuses.”

quote:

“If they don’t repeal and replace Obamacare, like they promised and were voted to do, they are going back on their word and have some serious explaining to do when they go back home and face those who sent them to Washington to protect and help them. They will be held accountable,” Ross said.

He warned that if the existing healthcare system falters, “the Senate will be taking the blame. Not the House, and not the President.”

By contrast, other House Republicans have been more measured in expressing disappointment with the Senate.

“Obviously, any time that you get bad news in terms of things not moving forward it’s not a good day,” Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), chairman of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, said on Tuesday. “And yet at the same time, I’m not so discouraged because I’ve been here. And I know that the phoenix can rise out of the ashes, so to speak. And the same thing can happen here.”

Nearly all but one of the current GOP senators voted in 2015 for legislation to repeal the healthcare law, but it was purely a show vote since President Obama was expected veto it.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

GobiasIndustries posted:

*Ron Howard Voice* none of them are your friends
https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/887722644690350081

:sever:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:eyepop:

but i haven even finished my lunchables deathbits

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

How was lunch? Is Obamacare dead now?

Rush Limbaugh also mad that three women are running the senate instead of McConnell

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This chapter is 40 pages of why mandatory disclosure rules for securities should be banned to help "smaller firms": https://www.mercatus.org/system/files/peirce_reframing_ch11.pdf

They are loving thirsty to blow up the economy again.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/342730-rnc-wont-back-new-jersey-governor-candidate-over-loyalty-report

quote:

The Republican National Committee isn't spending big for New Jersey gubernatorial candidate Kim Guadagno because the RNC doesn't think she has been loyal to President Trump, NJ.com reported Wednesday.

Guadagno, currently the lieutenant governor under Gov. Chris Christie (R), is viewed skeptically by the RNC because of her criticism of Trump after the release of the "Access Hollywood" tape and as a lost cause, the report said.

"[The president] is unhappy with anyone who neglected him in his hour of need," an RNC insider reportedly said, referring to Guadagno's public disavowal of Trump last fall after the surfacing last year of the "Access Hollywood" tape, in which Trump brags about sexually assaulting women.

TRUMP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Does Trump start golfing tomorrow or Friday? Ya know, after telling the Senate they need to stay in DC until they pass a poo poo bill that they don't want to actually pass.

• Locked thread