Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

You know, I would actually be fine with this scene if Hibiki had just ducked under the shell and then kicked/punched it into the air, but as-is this is really loving dumb. She blocks a contact detonation shell by... pressing on the shell cap. Yeah no, that just causes the shell to explode early.

Let alone somehow getting snuck up on by a Sturmtiger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

You know, I would actually be fine with this scene if Hibiki had just ducked under the shell and then kicked/punched it into the air, but as-is this is really loving dumb. She blocks a contact detonation shell by... pressing on the shell cap. Yeah no, that just causes the shell to explode early.

Don't bring your science into our Japanese cartoons

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

and furthermore punching the moon wouldnt have fixed its orbit at all

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Over-the-top absurdity is fine and great in Symphogear, but that way too mundane to be over-the-top. Over-the-top would have been her suplexing it back into the tank, not just generically blocking the shell and tossing it, so I stand by my statement. :colbert:

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I can't believe Symphogear isn't real

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Chris still best girl. Hibiki still most hot-blooded. All is good with the world.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Lord Koth posted:

She grabs the ogive of the rocket, not the fuse.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Endorph posted:

have you tried index, flaps

Yes, they should make a sequel.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the sequel will come. I pray every day for WW3.

uh, not like that

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Space Flower posted:

the sequel will come. I pray every day for WW3.

uh, not like that
Yeah, that looks very doubtful at this point.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

esselfortium posted:

I can't believe Symphogear isn't real

N-no...

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Wark Say posted:

Yeah, that looks very doubtful at this point.

is what they said about Shana S3

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Space Flower posted:

is what they said about Shana S3

Is that the season that is about the rival character who was in her 30s?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ZQY-w9j6g

the first crunchyroll original anime... i think

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Davincie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ZQY-w9j6g

the first crunchyroll original anime... i think
I do not know what to make of this.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

quote:

Running before The Ancient Magus' Bride is an exclusive first look at Children of Ether, Crunchyroll's first ever original. Created by LeSean Thomas (Cannon Busters), Children of Ether boasts an impressive staff, including character designer Hiroshi Shimizu (Michiko & Hatchin), storyboard director Shingo Natsume (One Punch Man), and animator Mitsuo Iso (Neon Genesis Evangelion).

Wow.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ok i'm on board

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I agree with the blurb, that is indeed an impressive staff.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
The new season of Symphogear is the best yet and if you're not on board yet you should be.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Eela6 posted:

The new season of Symphogear is the best yet and if you're not on board yet you should be.

My backlog is too crazy to get on board right now, but out of curiosity is this a sequential series where I have to start from the first Symphogear, or are they PreCure-ish standalones?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

My backlog is too crazy to get on board right now, but out of curiosity is this a sequential series where I have to start from the first Symphogear, or are they PreCure-ish standalones?

You need to start from the first one. Also everything else on your backlog is less important.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Nothing standalone in Symphogear. Season 2 wouldn't make sense if you hadn't started from the beginning let alone season 4. Also, season 1 is my favourite Symphogear so it's very worth watching, even if animation wise it's way below the rest of the series.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The first two seasons are awesome, and the 2nd season introduces Tomokazu Sugita voicing Doctor John Wayne Vercingetorix, a bona-fide ACTION HERO, Motherfucker! :patriot:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

You have to start with the first but each season is only 13 eps.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Oh, 13 x 3 isn't bad at all. It certainly looks interesting from the gifs.

Wark Say posted:

The first two seasons are awesome, and the 2nd season introduces Tomokazu Sugita voicing Doctor John Wayne Vercingetorix, a bona-fide ACTION HERO, Motherfucker! :patriot:

How the gently caress do you pronounce that last name

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Be warned that the thread is open season on spoilers, so you might want to avoid it to go in clean, but it's always fun to see new people's journey through Symphogear.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Y6BBMU1qo&t=50s

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The same way you pronounce Vercingetorix's name.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

ConanThe3rd posted:

GuruGuru Continues to be sweet in it's own dumb way. Hopefuly it slows down once we get past the already covered content though.

Huh. I thought otherwise, though apparently I missed something because I don't know what you mean with the already covered content. I loved the pacing in the first episode, and while I enjoyed the second it wasn't as much. There were a couple gags repeated a little too much for me.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Onean posted:

Huh. I thought otherwise, though apparently I missed something because I don't know what you mean with the already covered content. I loved the pacing in the first episode, and while I enjoyed the second it wasn't as much. There were a couple gags repeated a little too much for me.

it was adapted before in the 90's, and that version had a much slower pace compared to the currently airing one.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ahhh. Gotcha.

Edit: The only anime I watched in the 90s was some of the Rurouni Kenshin my sister borrowed and the random anime video channels Winamp had. I only remember Trigun and Van Helsing from the latter, and not well.
Edit Edit: poo poo, Hellsing wasn't the 90s. The others were, though.

Onean fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jul 20, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it was obvious from the tease a while back but

wotaku is getting an anime

rip zoglin

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

dogsicle posted:

it was adapted before in the 90's, and that version had a much slower pace compared to the currently airing one.

The original version spent one episode on the beginning, one episode at the castle, and half of the third episode on the first battle.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

rip zoglin

yay!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i am happy that takagi-san, koi wa ameagari, and now wotaku are getting anime adaptations in the near future

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

rip zoglin
All of them seem cute. Hopefully the anime is just as cute.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Davincie posted:

rip zoglin

Huh, I don't recall the character in the top left, but I guess the people who picked up the translations are just behind. Should be good, though.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

*the banging knife and fork on the table meme*

No-mi Jo-shi! No-mi Jo-shi!!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Third episode of Tsuredure Children was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

*the banging knife and fork on the table meme*

No-mi Jo-shi! No-mi Jo-shi!!

• Locked thread