Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
No one in HOTS really has a particularly hard to land skillshot, getting all 3 missles to hit with a Seeker build is definitely one of the more difficult ones though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

orb build is my favorite QM Li-Ming build. It's so nice and safe and hitting your orbs is very satisfying.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Semper Fudge posted:

No one in HOTS really has a particularly hard to land skillshot, getting all 3 missles to hit with a Seeker build is definitely one of the more difficult ones though.

Zagara

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

orb build is my favorite QM Li-Ming build. It's so nice and safe and hitting your orbs is very satisfying.

:orb:

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Orb build is fine as long as you didn't like having mana.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Tried Malth for the first time yesterday... took the bad Ult. just because it looked fun. I felt... underpowered. Like I was just floating around in the middle of team fights plinking at people and getting burned down.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Tried Malth for the first time yesterday... took the bad Ult. just because it looked fun. I felt... underpowered. Like I was just floating around in the middle of team fights plinking at people and getting burned down.
He's seems very matchup dependent. Absorbing 3% of Artanis or Diablo's health is very different from absorbing 3% of Valla or Tracer's health.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Well try the good ult because the whole point of it is to make you almost invincible in team fights!

If you don't have it you have to hit a good E or you're gonna have a bad time.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 19, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Fried Watermelon posted:

Or a Dark Portal map

This.

Will be very disappointed if it's Another loving Warcraft Character That No One Gives A poo poo About (tm).

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Fuzz posted:

This.

Will be very disappointed if it's Another loving Warcraft Character That No One Gives A poo poo About (tm).

you mean like Valeera?

Let's be honest, who gives a poo poo about any of the blizzard franchises characters , like the literal player stand-ins from Diablo ?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Played Zarya for the first time in a while last night, went 3-0. She is the stronkest.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

GenericOverusedName posted:

It's a misdirection like the D.va teaser and we're actually going to get Bastion. He meets Probius (who is basically a floating alien robot bird, even is yellow like Ganymede is) and they have an incomprehensible beepboop conversation and then go on a grand adventure together

E: it'll be loving adorable and heartwarming and it'll win an Emmy or something

I'd fap to that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dietrich posted:

Orb build is fine as long as you didn't like having mana.

Take her regen passive at level 1 instead of power hungry trap talent and you're all set.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

exquisite tea posted:

Take her regen passive at level 1 instead of power hungry trap talent and you're all set.

That's literally the opposite of what you should do :psyduck:

Trade Chat Troll
Jan 22, 2010
If we're having Li Ming chat until the Portal opens, could somebody give me some Calamity build pointers? :supaburn:

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Power Hungry is a trap talent on any map where you're away from the lanes for extended periods of time or where teamfights tend to happen further away from the lanes.

Trade Chat Troll posted:

If we're having Li Ming chat until the Portal opens, could somebody give me some Calamity build pointers? :supaburn:

Teleport is a finishing move that is very powerful when the enemy team is grouped up, so think like greymane. As soon as one target is low, teleport in for the kill then teleport to the next lowest target. Very comp dependent build. My default build for Li-Ming is missiles - force armor just so freaking good against most teams.

Dietrich fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 19, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Fuzz posted:

This.

Warcraft characters are better than the other franchise's characters except for the future inclusion of Junkrat

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

skipThings posted:

you mean like Valeera?

Let's be honest, who gives a poo poo about any of the blizzard franchises characters , like the literal player stand-ins from Diablo ?

Valeera was super popular from the comics (which were, themselves, super popular among the masses).

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Cue the portal exploding and letting through Tomator, Emperor of the Croutonians

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Eraflure posted:

Cue the portal exploding and letting through Junkrat

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Eraflure posted:

Cue the portal exploding and letting through Tomator, Emperor of the Croutonians

I'd actually not mind a few HotS exclusive characters

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Valeera is a Heathstone hero.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

But Tomator already exists, he's the bad guy acting as the final boss in The Lost Vikings.

I mean he already has a gun, we're due for yet another assassin making Jimmy even more obsolete.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I'd actually not mind a few HotS exclusive characters

is this a troll post

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Eraflure posted:

I mean he already has a gun, we're due for yet another assassin making Jimmy even more obsolete.

BlackThorne is their next mandatory gun-wielding assassin.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dietrich posted:

Power Hungry is a trap talent on any map where you're away from the lanes for extended periods of time or where teamfights tend to happen further away from the lanes.

She's usually able to get the orb and carry the effect into the fight, it helps her laneclear immensely, the top up from winning an objective from extra mp on orbs is way more than you'd regen at the low point anyway, and the threshold on triggering boosted mp is low enough that you're already starved and your tank is empty if you get any kind of chain going (which you won't because you're out of mana). Force Armor has its uses, but I don't think I've taken Astral Presence since it was nerfed like a year ago; any situation where I would think I'd need it I'm not playing Li Ming. If you're getting value out of Astral the fight is probably not going well and you're poking with bowling balls from max range at an objective because your team is down bodies.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Polio Vax Scene posted:

is this a troll post

It's a troll in that I didn't know the Tamator guy was an existing blizzard character. Not a troll in that I wouldn't mind a character or two exclusive to the Nexus

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

It's a troll in that I didn't know the Tamator guy was an existing blizzard character. Not a troll in that I wouldn't mind a character or two exclusive to the Nexus
Sgt. Hammer and Probius

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I'd love a new character created entirely for Heroes that had no basis in any other Blizzard game solely for the rage posts.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Saraiguma posted:

Sgt. Hammer and Probius

Probius was that one probe in the opening cinematic of LotV

No idea about Hammer though.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Sgt. Hammer represents the siege tank unit from StarCraft (1998). After being introduced in Heroes of the Storm, she went on to appear in the co-op mode of StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void (2015).

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
HotS should start bringing in heroes that are dota knockoffs just to go full circle.

Introducing our new hero, Eu the wisp.

edit: By start i mean continue

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

beejay posted:

I'd love a new character created entirely for Heroes that had no basis in any other Blizzard game solely for the rage posts.

aren't those basically the overwatch heroes as they are making them up from scratch right now ?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nexus Champion Saraad?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
All of the characters in every MOBA are referential to other games. HOTS is just the return to source perfection of the relentless stealing of ideas.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Probius is actually the bastard offspring of EVE and Wheatley, hope this helps

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
The teaser in the launcher is literally a shot of the Dark Portal taken from World of Warcraft. :allears:

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Shadowlyger posted:

The teaser in the launcher is literally a shot of the Dark Portal taken from World of Warcraft. :allears:

That's because the new hero is The Dark Portal.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
The new hero is you, the player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dragongem posted:

The new hero is you, the player

New hero sucks, I want my money back.