Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The "win by ringout" mission is causing me problems, mainly because the opponent is hard enough to beat in-ring. (Also, is there a way to cancel a submission move if you don't want to submit a guy? I keep hitting those by mistake since I forget the move list.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Mid attack should cancel, iirc. There's still a chance that your timing won't line up with the first opportunity you get to release and the ref still calls for the bell.

When trying to win a ringout, I'd try a heavy grapple attack around 15, that way the likelihood the opponent is dazed is much greater.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I guess this isn't specifically a FirePro question, but will a PS4 controller work with Steam using just the USB charging cable? Not sure if Steam requires the Bluetooth adapter thing. My controller is the newer model that came out with the slim PS4; I've used it with remote play on my laptop (over USB) but nothing else as of yet.

I've got a 360 controller if need be but I'd much rather use the PS4 d-pad with Fire Pro when I get it if possible.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I think most Steam games have PS4 controller support, I'm probably getting PUBG today or later this week to make sure.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I've been using a PS4 controller over USB and it's been fine so far. Most games still display the face buttons in their UI as if it's an Xbox pad though, sometimes that can be confusing.

I still have some old driver meant for PS3 controllers so maybe that's part of it. I probably don't need that now that Steam apparently supports PS4 pads on its own.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

"Fun" bug to keep an eye out for.

If you set up a league with a time limit on the matches, when it gets to the tourny stages the time limit for the matches will default to 3 minutes. It's more annoying than anything as you can just recreate the finals in tourny mode, but worth keeping an eye on.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

PS4 controllers are supported and are a little less versatile in programming options than the Steam controller, the real issue is that you'll usually be high and dry if you want to rely on the community to provide full-featured presets. If you like tweaking your own settings it's fine.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Skinty McEdger posted:

"Fun" bug to keep an eye out for.

If you set up a league with a time limit on the matches, when it gets to the tourny stages the time limit for the matches will default to 3 minutes. It's more annoying than anything as you can just recreate the finals in tourny mode, but worth keeping an eye on.

In a timed battle royal if there are only two participants in the ring and one eliminates the other they win the entire match even though there were other wrestlers waiting to come out.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope you are reporting these bugs to the devs.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
From NeoGaf:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kennel posted:

From NeoGaf:

Del Rio's next

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Thinking about making a "ROH All Stars through the ages" set of CAWs. Is there a good guide or FAQ to help figure out the kind of wonky interface?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Maxwell Lord posted:

The "win by ringout" mission is causing me problems, mainly because the opponent is hard enough to beat in-ring. (Also, is there a way to cancel a submission move if you don't want to submit a guy? I keep hitting those by mistake since I forget the move list.)

I beat the tar outta the guy and whipped him all the way up the entrance ramp, dunno if this was a bug or what but he just stood at the top and got counted out

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

triplexpac posted:

Thinking about making a "ROH All Stars through the ages" set of CAWs. Is there a good guide or FAQ to help figure out the kind of wonky interface?

I don't know that anything specific for World had been released yet, but a decent chunk of the stuff in guides for Returns is still applicable.

Relevant: the showmanship, discretion, and flexibility settings are poorly explained. Showmanship determines the percent chance an edit will attempt to throw the opponent into the turnbuckle or it off the ring if in the right position. Discretion influences how often the edit stops to breathe. Flexibility will override hammer throw/Irish whip logic if the opponent has one of the MMA fight styles.

unimportantguy fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 18, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I booked Bayley against Mike Awesome in a deathmatch.

GOTY forever and ever.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is there any way to get an idea of how damaged you/your opponent are as a match progresses? I noticed a visual cue in my opponent's stance changing after I worked over one of his arms the entire match but that was after just endless submission attempts.

Also, is there a way to increase the chances that an opponent submits when in a hold? Every time I try mashing I end up breaking the hold myself.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

AlmightyPants posted:

Is there any way to get an idea of how damaged you/your opponent are as a match progresses? I noticed a visual cue in my opponent's stance changing after I worked over one of his arms the entire match but that was after just endless submission attempts.

Also, is there a way to increase the chances that an opponent submits when in a hold? Every time I try mashing I end up breaking the hold myself.

There are no direct visual cues for overall damage. There are visual cues for damage to specific body parts, which are mostly fairly obvious, and occur when the health for that specific body part is low.

For submissions, you just generally want to hit a lot of moves first. Submission occurs when the opponent's spirit meter gets low enough, and they get a boost of Spirit any time they break a hold or kick out of a pin, so applying a hold over and over again can actually draw out the match and make it harder to submit them.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Just wanted to see if they would get a 100% rating

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

I booked Bayley against Mike Awesome in a deathmatch.

GOTY forever and ever.

...And?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Love the way this game plays. So far my favorite match types are single, battle royal (three way and up type of matches) and the landmine match. The barbwire match and cage matches suck.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Clearly Bayley won.

Is there a way to move people out of Retired besides doing it one by one?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

mearn posted:

Clearly Bayley won.

:thumbsup:

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
i refuse to download anymore caws until there is a better system to organize them or loading characters gets a delay like in FPWR. this game tries to load characters immediately and it is slow as hell.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Roman Reigns and Tama Tonga just went 30 minutes. After failing to hit the spear the entire match, Reigns hits it with ten seconds to go, but is too tired to go straight for the cover. Ref gets to a 2 count when the bell rings for the time limit draw.

I love this game.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So is there a guideline/consensus to how many points people are using for their CAWs? I'm pretty sure we're not maxing them out right?

Asking because I'm tweaking my Wolf Hawkfield. He got Brock Lesnar in a competitive match and just barely lost to Daniel Bryan but got wrecked by Seth Rollins and AJ Styles who both probably have much higher stats.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Artelier posted:

So is there a guideline/consensus to how many points people are using for their CAWs? I'm pretty sure we're not maxing them out right?

Asking because I'm tweaking my Wolf Hawkfield. He got Brock Lesnar in a competitive match and just barely lost to Daniel Bryan but got wrecked by Seth Rollins and AJ Styles who both probably have much higher stats.

This is why I'm currently thinking I'll wait on DKJM or Desertpunk to get a full pack together. That said, it'll probably be a while before then and there is going to be a massive difference in quality from CAW to CAW until the community has enough time to put out some consistent packs.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Here's the point totals for all of the FPR defaults. Doesn't go into detail, but it should give you a starting point.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/927675-fire-pro-wrestling-returns/faqs/40688

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Current community trend seems to be to follow the "less than 180 points" rule used in online play.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Jeez, after all the trouble I had with the ringout mission the battle royal was a piece of cake.

In addition to Frank "Trashman" Reynolds I've seen uploads for Charlie and Dennis.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Current Pants Wrestling Champion Donald Trump put his PWA Heavyweight title on the line for the first PWA Tournament of Champions.

First round has a huge upset as John Beena the Be Themed John Cena pins Trump after an Altitude Adjustment.

Donald Trump strikes back his NWO stablemate Vladimir Putin, but Putin is otherwise undefeated and leads the tournament.

Colonel Sanders taps out John Beena with the chickenwing which stops his challenge.

Going into the final round Trump needs to beat tournament whipping boy Honma (on 0 points) to retain his title.

Honma pins Trump after 2 diving headbuts in the biggest upset in the history of our sports, and Putin takes the title.

C. Everett Koop posted:

GOTY forever and ever.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Jeez, after all the trouble I had with the ringout mission the battle royal was a piece of cake.

In addition to Frank "Trashman" Reynolds I've seen uploads for Charlie and Dennis.

I had the complete Birds of War + Frank go against the stars of New Japan. Kenny Omega was bladed bad by Frank and eventually it was just AJ Styles fending off all 4 of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-nMRrSaqNM

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Zack Sabre Jr tapped out Daniel Bryan in 21 minutes with an ARM BAR.

Gosh this game is great.

Also I played as Brock Lesnar against a level 10 Samoa Joe and got squashed in 7 minutes.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

DLC Inc posted:

I had the complete Birds of War + Frank go against the stars of New Japan. Kenny Omega was bladed bad by Frank and eventually it was just AJ Styles fending off all 4 of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-nMRrSaqNM

lmao

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This game is fun as hell. I made a couple of vids about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQP-vbP5hFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqi0CmXGnFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iizkPKVt_d4

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

For those who like the shitters like me. I added a 4th Job Squad attire.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974322940

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

CAW makers really branching out now with some old familiar faces.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1081472306&searchtext=

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Vader killed everyone in this match

Best game ever

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Also, Fair Bear for ref of the year.

He can't get any fairer.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Vader killed everyone in this match

Best game ever

Why is Vader so tall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

1st AD posted:

Why is Vader so tall?

He's 6'4". Next tallest is Ultimate Warrior at 6'3", then Ric Flair at 6'1". AJ is 5'8".