Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

How has someone not just stiffed the poo poo out of him by this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I always liked Jim Cornette's analysis of that match where he was just like "if the dumb fucker just pinned him he would have been the most over guy in the company"

Like, what kind of imbecile is handed an epic squash win on a silver platter and throws a fit because he couldn't do all his spots

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 14, 2017

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Testekill posted:

He's a gashead

So? Gashead with Indian roots should be enough to immediately put him over Neville for the Cruiserweight title to improve 205Live the same way Jinder improves Smackdown.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Critical posted:

Low-Ki was involved in a match where upon the bell ringing he did a rolling kick that knocked his opponent's dick stiff. The dude is straight unconscious. Ki struts around the ring doing his angry monkey shtick while the other guys manager tries everything to wake him up. Ki tries to do more poo poo but the carcass in the ring with him refuses to respond, so he gets on the mic and trashes everyone in the locker room for lack of heart because they are not warriors like him.

He was angry that the man he knocked out cold would not wake up so he could get the rest of his poo poo in.

It's worse than this - he did a top-rope double stomp on the guy while he lay unconscious

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
lol I found the vid

Seriously, imagine if he just pinned him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-xoN6Kx1VI

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

How has someone not just stiffed the poo poo out of him by this point?

I remember either KENTA or Marufuji soccer kicked him in the midsection one time. Or it could have been someone else entirely, I know it was a NOAH tour.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

coconono posted:

I remember either KENTA or Marufuji soccer kicked him in the midsection one time. Or it could have been someone else entirely, I know it was a NOAH tour.

Low Ki seems like the kind of dude where you could punish stiff him all match and backstage he would be like "I am glad we had a WARRIOR'S match out there"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol I found the vid

Seriously, imagine if he just pinned him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-xoN6Kx1VI

That doesn't seem all that bad to me idgi

KOd the dude, got him out of the corner and went home

Unless he got backstage heat for the old heel "I'm better than you and this promotion" introductory promo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

Unless he got backstage heat for the old heel "I'm better than you and this promotion" introductory promo

If you KO a dude you don't literally prop him up in the corner so you can do the rest of your finishers to him

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

exploded mummy posted:

Generally when someone is concussed treatment does not include kicking them in the head and jumping onto their stomach

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Germansimp posted:

So? Gashead with Indian roots should be enough to immediately put him over Neville for the Cruiserweight title to improve 205Live the same way Jinder improves Smackdown.

You've gotta pass a test when they sign you, after that it's easy to beat the system.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If you KO a dude you don't literally prop him up in the corner so you can do the rest of your finishers to him

The dude props himself up after being revived by his manager and the KO'd dude props himself up for the finish.

Seriously, Low Ki is all the way in the opposite corner when the formerly KO'd dude props himself up.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Oh the concussed guy made a bad decision better honor it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he knew something was wrong, stalled for time, and then did his finishing move as safely as its ever been performed to end the segment and get ahtu out of there

criticize the wild koppou kick all you want but nothing afterwards is different from what any other wrestler would have done

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
yeah low ki rules

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

oatgan posted:

he knew something was wrong, stalled for time, and then did his finishing move as safely as its ever been performed to end the segment and get ahtu out of there

I hope you can appreciate the irony of saying he did his finishing move to the unconscious concussed man as safely as he could

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Low Ki tried to kill that man!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I hope you can appreciate the irony of saying he did his finishing move to the unconscious concussed man as safely as he could

we probably all agree that the culture of wrestling should change

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It's not like they made Enzo Amore eat a pin before getting him to a drat hospital

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Worth remembering one of the reasons why NJPW didn't want Low-Ki to work in his stupid cos-play get up was that he was wearing shoes with no grip as part of it, and hadn't brought any wrestling boots with him. It's a really good match but he was slipping all over the place at points.

The main reason was that they thought it was stupid looking.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

criticize the wild koppou kick all you want but nothing afterwards is different from what any other wrestler would have done

basically what I was thinking. the kick would be bad, but its really obvious that it goes well over the dude's head and was for show

the promo afterwards was also like textbook heel and was made to be out like it was something that he'd get serious heat for

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's not like they made Enzo Amore eat a pin before getting him to a drat hospital

that's on the trainers and ref, not Low Ki

who examined the dude and let the match continue

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Skinty McEdger posted:

The main reason was that they thought it was stupid looking.

They were wrong! :colbert:

I love Low-Ki in his Hitman outfit!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Yeah that clip makes it look like the ref's fault. Could have just called the match off after the dude was clearly hosed up. Low Ki was just waiting to figure out what to do.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

counterpoint: kaval the new challenger is a shithead so its funnier to blame everything on him

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Germansimp posted:

Did... did people you not get me referencing the Paparrazi Championship Series? That's where the 'Sonjay Dutt is on the juice' joke comes from

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He's convinced that every promoter is out to take advantage of his talent, then screw him out of the spotlight.

Im pretty into this world view

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

triplexpac posted:

Im pretty into this world view

While I know there are plenty of lovely promoters out there, Low-Ki is a guy that's usually paid before he even steps through the curtain/tarp. He will derail matches halfway through if a legitimate botch occurs because he thinks "Here comes Montreal" or some loving thing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pope Corky the IX posted:

While I know there are plenty of lovely promoters out there, Low-Ki is a guy that's usually paid before he even steps through the curtain/tarp. He will derail matches halfway through if a legitimate botch occurs because he thinks "Here comes Montreal" or some loving thing.

Someone should book him for a card, and the moment he steps into the ring, have him DQ'd just for the reaction.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Testekill posted:

Did... did people you not get me referencing the Paparrazi Championship Series? That's where the 'Sonjay Dutt is on the juice' joke comes from

It's been so long since Paparazzi Productions was a thing, it's depressing. They were going to do a DVD of it at one point and then decided not to in case they accidentally made some money. :smith:

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-NpQEiyfY4

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
"It means 'flute' look it up!" will never stop being hilarious.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Johnny Mundo will make his GFW debut at the Impact live events in early-August. Drago and Taya also confirmed for the shows. Dave and Jake Crist (OI4K) will be coming to the company soon but not that soon, and with name changes

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
So they're going from AAA to AAA's partner. :bravo:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/887736503006318592

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MINUS!

FIVE!

STARS!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also the 2nd time you got to see butthole on a TNA PPV.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

also the 2nd time you got to see butthole on a TNA PPV.

oh come now

Jeff Jarrett's been on far more than 2

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
"an entrance designed to show off her rear endhole"

A legendary match. All the other matches on the card were dogshit as well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo:

SI posted:

On the subject of contracts, the newest series of GFW contracts require talent to give 10 percent of their independent bookings back to the company, as well as 100 percent of their merchandise sold through the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ain't He Great?

• Locked thread