Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I know we usually rag on tweetstorms ITT but here's a response to Jeet's Chapo piece which he actually gave props to on his Twitter account

https://twitter.com/kthalps/status/887709281566552065

this is my favorite exchange from the replies

I think she made this Markov chain mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Concerned Citizen posted:

Wow now an anime avatar, that's cold

it's not that bad for an anime avatar. there is much worse

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/DC_Douglas/status/887761745904676865

quote:

As an artist, I’ve always needed some creative outlet to amuse myself. After amusing myself into poverty with Hit-The-Fan Productions, live theatre and strip clubs, I needed something cheap, but still included the harsh rejection of strangers. Thank the Goddess for YouTube!Forget cute baby/kitten videos, I was going to make random, offensive, music videos. But then a sarcastic voicemail to a Tea Party group led to Tweaked Nipple Productions… And then a reality TV star got elected which birthed the Breaking News! cartoon series… now I can’t stop… please, help me…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGW0-G7ltH4

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

take a closer look at zergermans av sometime

you might see something that's slightly off :twisted:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Scent of Worf posted:

lmao the trump thread is lamenting the fact that trump has done his first sensible thing in office, not arming right wing religious extremists in syria

muh obama legacy! :qq:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

loquacius posted:

I know we usually rag on tweetstorms ITT but here's a response to Jeet's Chapo piece which he actually gave props to on his Twitter account

eh, don't care about his props he knowingly wrote a dumb rear end piece

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

quote:

And don’t get me started on Chelsea. Yes, she’s a highly educated, well-spoken young woman with a lifelong front-row seat to politics and governance.

I like when you see stuff like this pop up. For all their rhetoric about caring about the poor, what liberals really like more than anything is general upper-class indicators. To a liberal, the ultimate person is a rich person who has pity and compassion for those worse off (though just feeling it is enough, no need to do something extreme like pay higher taxes). When a liberal thinks of the type of person they like, the image of a well-dressed, wealthy (or at least upper-middle class) looking person with a "neutral" American accent who speaks in the way you would normally expect highly educated professionals to speak comes to mind. Even if they might say otherwise, stuff like accents (or anything that might indicate someone didn't grow up in an wealthy coastal liberal enclave) is viewed negatively.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 21:55 on Jul 19, 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThndrShk2k posted:

No loving socks wtf

yes, no socks with loafers is a well-established sartorial choice

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
so is this is the anime thread now

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

mods plz move the suck zone to adtrw thank u

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

logikv9 posted:

It is a celebration of all creative works of speculative fiction, from The Expanse to anime to the platform of the Democratic Party

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

a kid kisses a dog and well you see

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I like when you see stuff like this pop up. For all their rhetoric about caring about the poor, what liberals really like more than anything is general upper-class indicators. To a liberal, the ultimate person is a rich person who has pity and compassion for those worse off (though just feeling it is enough, no need to do something extreme like pay higher taxes). When a liberal thinks of the type of person they like, the image of a well-dressed, wealthy (or at least upper-middle class) looking person with a "neutral" American accent who speaks in the way you would normally expect highly educated professionals to speak comes to mind. Even if they might say otherwise, stuff like accents (or anything that might indicate someone didn't grow up in an wealthy coastal liberal enclave) is viewed negatively.

Aaron Sorkin broke their brains so loving hard and they won't admit it

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ Nah, people say this but it's more that the West Wing was reflecting attitudes that already existed. It didn't create those attitudes.

Maarek posted:

It's been said before but it's impressive how someone without any personality whatsoever was able to develop such a strong personality cult.

Hillary has the type of personality that is very appealing if you're an upper class managerial-professional liberal. In the same way as someone talking with a Southern/Texan accent and referencing Americana appeals to more rural Americans, Hillary's general demeanor appeals to liberals of material means.

Maarek posted:

I think it goes beyond that. She is beloved by a very specific social caste that has a ton of people in it who work in the media and/or tweet a lot. When she lost the election to a fat idiot they (correctly) took this as a personal rejection and lots of them just doubled down on Her instead of being furious that she hosed up the entire country.

Yeah, this (I hadn't seen this post yet when I replied above). I have a bunch of friends/acquaintances from high school and college who are consultants, lawyers, financial analysts, etc and they're big fans of Hillary. She basically sends "I'm from a similar background to you" messages to them.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 22:04 on Jul 19, 2017

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the british really seem to like the west wing way more than other group of people ive ever encountered

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

What was the old one?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Squizzle posted:

the british really seem to like the west wing way more than other group of people ive ever encountered

it's probably because the British ambassador who is a drunk leecher is the national symbol of the britons

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

I liked the British version of House of Cards cuz Saruman got laid and then threw the lady off the top of parliament.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I'm highly-educated and well-spoken too. And I spend hours a day posting on C-SPAM! What a "front seat", if you will! I guess if you don't think I should be in national politics, you must just be prejudiced against me for whatever reason

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Wesley Clark Would Have Won

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Oh hey, someone unironically posted the "bow out of public life" New Yorker piece to my Facebook feed

Honestly shocked it took this long

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Please don't bring animes into the SACRED ZONE

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Frijolero posted:

you think this is a motherfucking game? i would go to my death THIS INSTANT for the animes i have sworn to protect

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Frijolero posted:

It was during Ocarina of Time that the Sacred Zone was corrupted and transformed into the Suck Zone, right?

fake-edit: oh, or a Sonic the Hedgehog joke

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ytlaya posted:

noblesse orblige

Scent of Worf posted:

you think this is a motherfucking game? i would go to my death THIS INSTANT for the animes i have sworn to protect

Did you just become presidential?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
animated manga has gone too far

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
orbligatory

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/851586696160264196

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Who has a robot av who could serve as the miniboss at the end of Suck Zone Act 1, and what vehicle does Dr Robotnik attack you in at the end of Suck Zone Act 2

discuss

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
We must secure the existence of our animes and a future for anime children.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

Who has a robot av who could serve as the miniboss at the end of Suck Zone Act 1, and what vehicle does Dr Robotnik attack you in at the end of Suck Zone Act 2

discuss

instead of bunnies lil zergs come out of every enemy you spin thru

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Trump has failed to make Anime real.

Bernie Sanders is the only true anime candidate

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Bunny Thunders~

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

whoa, mama, there's a lot to unpack about this article: http://www.theroot.com/bernie-sanders-black-women-problem-1796995081#_ga=2.184892448.821971625.1500235604-581843810.1476425799

first and foremost the guy who wrote it is tight with Ukrainian fascists and thinks that Stalin considered himself black, and he published it on The Root, which has had some...interesting takes lately.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

mods plz move the suck zone to adtrw thank u

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Troy Queef posted:

whoa, mama, there's a lot to unpack about this article: http://www.theroot.com/bernie-sanders-black-women-problem-1796995081#_ga=2.184892448.821971625.1500235604-581843810.1476425799

first and foremost the guy who wrote it is tight with Ukrainian fascists and thinks that Stalin considered himself black, and he published it on The Root, which has had some...interesting takes lately.

I mentioned in the D&D Democrats thread that the article misinterprets some statistics showing that a higher percent of black people voted than non-hispanic whites as meaning that black people flat out outvoted whites (which it should be trivially obvious is false).

edit: Specifically, it says this: "some voter turnout experts argue that black people overall outvoted white men and women in 2008."

I mean, unless you interpret "outvoted" as just "had a higher percent vote", but that's irrelevant to the greater "we can't win without all of this demographic" point.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

ThndrShk2k posted:

Trump has failed to make Anime real.

Bernie Sanders is the only true anime candidate

would it be

Sanders-san

or

Sanders-sama

????

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lessail posted:

would it be

Sanders-san

or

Sanders-sama

????

Sanders-dono

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Troy Queef posted:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

that article feels like something the hill thread would have been fawning over a year or so ago

it's a hilariously irrelevant article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/newyorker/status/887507376496144384

• Locked thread