Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Don't the maesters have a bunch of magic light bulbs that suddenly turned back on when dragons were back in the books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don't remember show maesters being against magic, just against whatever the half-science half-magic half-necromancy poo poo Quyburn does

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Don't the maesters have a bunch of magic light bulbs that suddenly turned back on when dragons were back in the books?

Aye.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Also it might be more along "the maesters hate targaryens", they don't really seem to concern themselves with the children or the red priesthood.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Glass candles are actually calcified dragon dong

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Merwyn does, it is implied that there are a few more black candles in the citadel but he's the only one we know of that actually got one lit.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Phi230 posted:

Glass candles are actually calcified dragon dong

They're poo.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Also there's a faceless man in the citadel just casually murking dudes

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

FogHelmut posted:

Also there's a faceless man in the citadel just casually murking dudes

In the books. Teevee ain't got time for that.

Also I call "nah" on Arya actually being someone else. I don't even think they are after her-- I think they knew she couldn't do the ego death thing required to become a "proper" faceless man and trained her anyway because her personal motivations matched up enough with murders they already wanted to do.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It could also be some weird prophecy poo poo, for all we know. Maybe they have reason to see her as a tool of the many faced god.

I mean in the books she is a magical warg girl, she could be bound to some role or w/e not unlike Bran and probably Jon.

e: in the show the undying will probably just be dropped fwiw

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Phi230 posted:

Isn't it a widely known fact that Dragonstones like only export is dragonglass

No, they thought it was basically worthless.

Again, Stannis doesn't say "We have a big mine of Dragonglass" he just says "We have Dragonglass." The distinction is key.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why didn't they just make one final season of 10 episodes where each was 80 minutes or something.

tho i don't see how this stretches out for even two shortened seasons anyway. this poo poo is gonna make 20 good men look realistical in comparison.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."

Groovelord Neato posted:

why didn't they just make one final season of 10 episodes where each was 80 minutes or something.

tho i don't see how this stretches out for even two shortened seasons anyway. this poo poo is gonna make 20 good men look realistical in comparison.

You have to milk the cow man. Muh money.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Groovelord Neato posted:

It takes a while to do all the special effects.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Ague Proof posted:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

WampaLord posted:

No, they thought it was basically worthless.

Again, Stannis doesn't say "We have a big mine of Dragonglass" he just says "We have Dragonglass." The distinction is key.

You know if there were only one guy in Jon's camp who served stannis before and lived on Dragonstone for a time, he could have told him about the dragonglass...

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Sam was kinda dumb for not asking Stannis if "we have dragonglass" meant "the Targs left some weapons" or "we have a huge mine", but oh well.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ague Proof posted:

we had to wait extra long this year for 3 fewer eps.

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.
I'm trying to figure out what the deal with Beric is and why he's still alive. Is it a timeline integrity thing now that we know time can in fact be messed with? Does he specifically need to be alive and do a thing at the right time in order for certain events to transpire? Does he have to pass on his 'fire' or 'spark' or whatever to someone else like the Hound kind of like he does with Lady Stoneheart in the books? Also wondering what direction they're trying to take The Hound in. They're starting to push him further toward being one of the major good guys. It's a bit interesting.

Also I thought it was funny that when Bran shows up at the wall and the ranger doubts his identity that his response is to prove that he's psychic. Ah yes, well, the Starks are known for their telepathic powers. The math checks out. Let him in, bois!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Jon and Beric are being kept alive to facilitate the rise of Azor Ahai, Sandor Clegane.

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

Lycus posted:

Jon and Beric are being kept alive to facilitate the rise of Azor Ahai, Sandor Clegane.

I thought this would be cool too if The Hound turned out to be AA after all. But doesn't this mean that the Prince and Azor Ahai have to be two different people? Pretty sure they aren't?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Amish Ninja posted:

Also I thought it was funny that when Bran shows up at the wall and the ranger doubts his identity that his response is to prove that he's psychic. Ah yes, well, the Starks are known for their telepathic powers. The math checks out. Let him in, bois!

I'm still extremely confused why Edd thought Bran was lying, or why it would matter anyway. Were you going to turn him away if he just said "I'm some commoner who's running away from the loving zombie army, let me in rear end in a top hat!"

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

WampaLord posted:

I'm still extremely confused why Edd thought Bran was lying, or why it would matter anyway. Were you going to turn him away if he just said "I'm some commoner who's running away from the loving zombie army, let me in rear end in a top hat!"

To be fair, it probably seemed extremely unlikely that a Stark heir would have elected to go north past the wall and THEN come back south again given Edd's limited knowledge.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I thought the weird part was Edd asking if they were Wildlings instead of just assuming they were.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
It was all just for Bran to give some expositional dialogue.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bran sucks rear end.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

bran sucks rear end.

He wishes. Dudes gonna become a dragon and then the Night King and live out the rest of his days an immortal virgin.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My knowledge of pop culture is absolute dogshit so I didn't realise Ed Sheeran was in the show and I thought it was just some vaguely familiar looking dude. What is the issue with him being in the show? That scene was pretty good...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Dany is apparently a terrible ruler for trying to free the slaves and pissing off a bunch of lovely slave masters lol. She's like 20 or something bro she'll do a lot better with Tyrion next to her.

And Tyrion not reactionary Tbh. He was never considered a real noble anyways what with being the laughingstock of everyone and I'm pretty sure the reliance on daddy's money made him bitter af

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

JBP posted:

My knowledge of pop culture is absolute dogshit so I didn't realise Ed Sheeran was in the show and I thought it was just some vaguely familiar looking dude. What is the issue with him being in the show? That scene was pretty good...

It hath left some people's immersion in ruins.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

JBP posted:

it really takes you out of the scene from the start if you know who he is. they were smart to give him pretty much zero lines tho.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Lycus posted:

It hath left some people's immersion in ruins.

Oh right. Unlike all the other people in the show that are professional entertainers. Makes sense.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Dany is apparently a terrible ruler for trying to free the slaves and pissing off a bunch of lovely slave masters lol. She's like 20 or something bro she'll do a lot better with Tyrion next to her.

And Tyrion not reactionary Tbh. He was never considered a real noble anyways what with being the laughingstock of everyone and I'm pretty sure the reliance on daddy's money made him bitter af

Tyrion was the one who brokered that dumbass deal with the Slave Cities which they broke after like 72 hours.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to end slavery and do literally nothing to build the ex slave class's power or kill the masters to ensure stability

Then I'll legalize slavery with contract law with a statute of frauds

Oh wait society is crumbling what I do wrong???

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

https://twitter.com/bonerman_inc/status/886828253880745984

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
At this rate we should rename the thread into "The Ed Sheeran Show ft. tits and dragons (SPOILER Thread)"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

That's a photoshop right?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It's only Eds and Sheerans.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
I had no idea who Ed was and only found out about him in this thread. He did a good job IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

esperterra posted:

You'd think after two weeks of pretending to be Walder Frey, and whatever time it took to infil and bake her pies beforehand, Arya might have learned her uncle nuncle is in the dungeon.

It will turn out to be just as important as when Tywin told Cersei that the Lannisters are broke
Or that the Iron Bank is owed a shitload of money from King's Landing
Or any other plot point that has been unceremoniously dropped

the writers are bad

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

She's a poo poo ruler because she doesn't listen to her advisors. Tyrion barely convinced her to not to kill a shitload of people. But I'm sure Mereen is fine and super peaceful now that the she and the dragons are gone

• Locked thread