Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Handsome Ralph posted:

Nope. The Soviets did discuss a strategic alliance with the U.K., France, and Poland in August '39 but were doing so in bad faith (they demanded freedom of movement within Poland and Romania during peacetime, which was not going to happen) as they were also inking a secret deal with Germany. Once the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact was signed, they stopped talks with the West.

They stayed out for the first two weeks while Poland mobilized its forces to try stave off the Germans. Then they invaded while they Poland was focused on ze Germans. At first the Poles thought the Soviets were coming in as allies, but quickly realized it was just Stalin making a land grab under the auspices of "protecting Ukrainians and Belarusians living in Poland."

Sounds like Russia just has everyone's best interest at heart.
MAGA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

75 is the average life expectancy and trump only eats salads drenched in ranch and he's 71 so its 50/50 odds nature takes him off this wretched planet within the next four years

Idk how this works, if he goes to a doctor relatively regularly and somehow listens to him can that guy just ram him with statins and whatnot to keep his cardiovascular system ticking along into his 80s despite his diet? It's def the dementia that's gonna get him imo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

aphid_licker posted:

Idk how this works, if he goes to a doctor relatively regularly and somehow listens to him can that guy just ram him with statins and whatnot to keep his cardiovascular system ticking along into his 80s despite his diet? It's def the dementia that's gonna get him imo.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

aphid_licker posted:

This is his doctor:

Edit: beaten

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

aphid_licker posted:

i mean given he's going to have immediate access as soon as his heart stops I think he is going to have good odds on surviving a heart attack is my point

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KirbyKhan posted:

This is his doctor:

Edit: beaten

Do you think Donnie's ego is so fragile he cycled through doctors til he found the crackpot that told him he was an ubermensch with perfect health?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Slim Pickens posted:

Do you think Donnie's ego is so fragile he cycled through doctors til he found the crackpot that told him he was an ubermensch with perfect health?

Yeah.

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/887745357899337728

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

e: nm got it

here have content

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40662772

quote:

US President Donald Trump has told Senate Republicans they should postpone their summer holiday until they have kept their promise to ditch Obamcare.

Mr Trump told all 52 Republican senators at the White House: "We should hammer this out and get it done."

In the last two days he has urged the repeal and replace of Obamacare, just repealing it, allowing it to fail, before reverting to repeal and replace.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 19, 2017

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Looks like they don't want your deal, Donnie.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Trump ends covert CIA program to arm anti-Assad rebels in Syria, a move sought by Moscow

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'm gonna laugh if trump loving with their time off is what gets them to impeach lol

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

I'm the guy caught on camera staring at tiny hands

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/887654816507408384

Making the dems sound good. I'd vote for a party that screamed death

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Given our track record with arming rebels I'm not overly upset by this.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/887785410985897986

vvv winner winner chicken dinner

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I can't figure out if the healthcare bill is more or less likely because Republicans are holding meetings and barfing out happy talk.

I do know that the CBO came prepared for the straight Obamacare repeal bill and the numbers are loving brutal.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/887784605960589315

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Not too pissed by this, because covert arms programs are kinda how the Taliban was created/initially funded.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/DabAggin/status/887784891466870789

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Given our track record with arming rebels I'm not overly upset by this.

Our post WW2 foreign affairs track record is hilariously bad

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Our post WW2 foreign affairs track record is hilariously bad

I know, I read Legacy of Ashes.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Wasn't the CIA Syria program a huge success compared to Pentagon's?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Missionary Positron posted:

Wasn't the CIA Syria program a huge success compared to Pentagon's?

Yes but the CIA said mean things about Trump.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The White House loves theme weeks. Next week appears to be Russia Week.

Manafort and Donnie Junior Fredo are testifying to Senate Judiciary, appears to be a public hearing.

Kushner is testifying to Senate Intel in a closed session.

:toot:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

The White House loves theme weeks. Next week appears to be Russia Week.

Manafort and Donnie Junior Fredo are testifying to Senate Judiciary, appears to be a public hearing.

Kushner is testifying to Senate Intel in a closed session.

:toot:

:getin:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
they will be as dumb and stupid as the sessions hearing but i will still watch

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

TBeats posted:

they will be as dumb and stupid as the sessions hearing but i will still watch

Probably not, because Sessions knows how to respond to a committee. Jr. and Manafort do not.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jr will play the piss tape in open session to prove they weren't hookers.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vasudus posted:

Probably not, because Sessions knows how to respond to a committee. Jr. and Manafort do not.

i'm hoping for perjury because someone will say something and then three days later Jr will tweet something contrary, but i'm not holding my breath that anything substantial will come of it other than getting their bullshit on the record.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Slight correction: Manafort and Fredo have been INVITED to testify but haven't confirmed yet. That's not that much of a difference, because Grassley/Feinstein have said they would issue subpoenas if they turn down the invite. (source: Frank Thorp V of NBC)

Kushner confirmed.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
from Meuller's perspective, does he have a strategy for giving the committee the green light on Jr and Manafort testifying? or is it irrelevant to his case?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Jr will play the piss tape in open session to prove they weren't hookers.
They were classy ladies like my mom, and Marla, and Melania :colbert:

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte

TBeats posted:

from Meuller's perspective, does he have a strategy for giving the committee the green light on Jr and Manafort testifying? or is it irrelevant to his case?

They keep in regular contact to make sure toes aren't stepped on. Don't think they would be called in if Mueller wasn't OK with it.

I expect he wants to see if they perjur themselves as much as we do.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

TBeats posted:

Irrelevant unless they plead the 5th and Congress grants them immunity to force them to speak.

Other than that, the more times you can get them to talk is more chances for them to give a slightly different story, which can be prosecuted as making a false statement.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It also makes for good comedy. I don't really care what the outcome of the public hearing is, I just want to see Jr. poo poo himself.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vasudus posted:

It also makes for good comedy. I don't really care what the outcome of the public hearing is, I just want to see Jr. poo poo himself.

He used to do that all the time, didn't even have to have someone ask him hard questions first.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh man I wanna know why the gently caress kushner already is testifying to a closed committee on that can't be public. It's the goddamn piss tape.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Unrelated to anything just that this poo poo made me laugh if you're at all familiar with Meshuggah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqsTrfpGsNI

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
ohhhhhhhhhhhh man

donnie mad at the keebler klansman and Mueller, with audio

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/us/politics/trump-interview-sessions-russia.html?_r=0

quote:

WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Wednesday that he never would have appointed Attorney General Jeff Sessions had he known Mr. Sessions would recuse himself from overseeing the Russia investigation that has dogged his presidency, calling the decision “very unfair to the president.”

In a remarkable public break with one of his earliest political supporters, Mr. Trump complained that Mr. Sessions’s decision ultimately led to the appointment of a special counsel that should not have happened. “Sessions should have never recused himself and if he was going to recuse himself he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else,” Mr. Trump said.

quote:

Mr. Trump said Mr. Mueller was running an office rife with conflicts of interest and warned that investigators would cross a red line if they delve into Trump family finances unrelated to Russia. Mr. Trump never said he would order the Justice Department to fire Mr. Mueller, nor would he outline circumstances under which he might do so. But he left open the possibility as he expressed deep grievance over an investigation that has taken a political toll in the six months since he took office.

While the interview touched on an array of issues, including health care, foreign affairs and politics, the investigation dominated the conversation. He said that as far as he knew, he was not under investigation himself, despite reports that Mr. Mueller is looking at whether the president obstructed justice by firing Mr. Comey.

“I don’t think we’re under investigation,” he said. “I’m not under investigation. For what? I didn’t do anything wrong.”

Piss tape:

quote:

Mr. Comey and other intelligence officials briefed him at Trump Tower on Russian meddling. Mr. Comey afterward pulled Mr. Trump aside and told him about a dossier that had been assembled by a former British spy filled with salacious allegations against the incoming president, including supposed sexual escapades in Moscow. The F.B.I. has not corroborated the most sensational assertions in the dossier.

In the interview, Mr. Trump said he believes Mr. Comey told him about the dossier to implicitly make clear he had something to hold over the president. “In my opinion, he shared it so that I would think he had it out there,” Mr. Trump said. As leverage? “Yeah, I think so,’’ Mr. Trump said. “In retrospect.”

The president dismissed the assertions in the dossier: “When he brought it to me, I said this is really, made-up junk. I didn’t think about any of it. I just thought about man, this is such a phony deal.”

Remember, adoptions = sanctions.

quote:

In his first description of his dinnertime conversation with Mr. Putin at the Group of 20 summit meeting in Hamburg, Germany, Mr. Trump downplayed its significance. He said his wife, Melania, was seated next to Mr. Putin at the other end of a table filled with world leaders.

“The meal was going toward dessert,’’ he said. “I went down just to say hello to Melania, and while I was there I said hello to Putin. Really, pleasantries more than anything else. It was not a long conversation, but it was, you know, could be 15 minutes. Just talked about things. Actually, it was very interesting, we talked about adoption.”

He noted the adoption issue came up in the June 2016 meeting between his son and Russian visitors. “I actually talked about Russian adoption with him,’’ he said, meaning Mr. Putin. “Which is interesting because it was a part of the conversation that Don had in that meeting.”

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 20, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Duke Chin posted:

Unrelated to anything just that this poo poo made me laugh if you're at all familiar with Meshuggah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqsTrfpGsNI

I got fairly drunk and rowdy during a meshuggah set at some festival in the fatherland something like a decade ago, and I appreciate this video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i'm planted firmly in the "none of this will matter" camp but i'm starting to look outside the window

• Locked thread