Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Man Jeet sucks really bad. Why do people like him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Human Tornada posted:

I think it was Will that said on Twitter that the thing that their critics hate most of all is that there is no one they can tattle to to get the dry boys fired.

Yup. That "bend the knee to us" quote really pissed them off, and not for the cynically disingenuous reasons they're claiming. Chapo is pumping out unapologetic and spirited leftist polemic and "let me speak to your manager" isn't going to make it go away this time.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The_Rob posted:

Man Jeet sucks really bad. Why do people like him?

He does write good stuff, but for every good article he's written there's a "here's why mailboxes are problematic 1/83" tweet thread

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jeet attempting to roll with the punches all day has been very weird

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I like Jeet, I think he genuinely has at least left-of-center views and doesn't seem especially sanctimonious or hypocritical, which is a lot more than you can say about 90% of pundits and political commentators

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Jeet isn't good because he does tweet storms. And anyone who does a tweet storm is not good

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

icantfindaname posted:

I like Jeet, I think he genuinely has at least left-of-center views and doesn't seem especially sanctimonious or hypocritical, which is a lot more than you can say about 90% of pundits and political commentators

Jeet knows how to be the butt of a joke.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Jeet isn't good because he does tweet storms. And anyone who does a tweet storm is not good

You make think that is true but I've been marinating on that and I have some thoughts on the matter... (1/283)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Jeet is still mostly good and Felix's reaction to this has been pretty embarrassing

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

xbilkis posted:

Jeet is still mostly good and Felix's reaction to this has been pretty embarrassing

his last few tweets have been sorta apologetic but I don't think he deleted the original ones :/

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Jeet is a weasel.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
jeet is like a dad that hangs around his kid's friends trying desperately to act cool and being really confused when they start groaning and tell him to go away

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Holy moly, Merrick Lapland.

The lost continent of HYPERBOREA, that's a real corker, gadzooks! Sonny where'd my continent go and why do my genes have memories???

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Jeet is actually bad

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
If people actually listened to the podcast, like the current episode which is extremely good, they'd realize that Chapo spends 80% of its time attacking the right

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Barry Convex posted:

his last few tweets have been sorta apologetic but I don't think he deleted the original ones :/

He apologized for this and a really terrible rape joke he made in the CTH subreddit.

Felix posted:

Hey, this is Felix. I saw this just now and I have zero defense of it. I guess I thought the reply I screenshotted was funny but that's completely hosed up and I should not have done that at all and offer no excuse. I kind of drift and don't think sometimes, I think I've gotten less lovely about it but I obviously still gently caress up a lot, and I'm an adult and it's my responsibility. I'm donating the remainder of my income this month to CRR. I know that doesn't undo the really awful poo poo I said in that post, but I feel like I have a responsibility to do something good out of all this.

quote:

Friend of mine messaged me about that today wrt my Jeet stuff. I put a real conscious effort to not say "cocksucker" like I have, but yeah, I'm really stupidly hair trigger sometimes. I'd say it's been a pretty hosed up week but really, I do that too much even when things aren't haywire that it's not a good excuse in the least. I'm sorry about that, too.
He also said he would consider making an apology on-air.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
As I have said before, cocksucker is the phonetically ideal curse word so I understand the struggle not to use it

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/evepeyser/status/887788633159344131

"How would you define neoliberalism?"

"Markets make me cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum."

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Ok, what was the reference about the steampunk machine stuck to bodies about?

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
The Matrix? Unless I'm missing something

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

this is enlightening, given our discussion on the matter prior to his apology

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Unnamed One posted:

The Matrix? Unless I'm missing something

Yeah, it's The Matrix.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
jeets tweets are neat

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

TIL there are multiple people on the edge of cancelling their subscriptions because Matt Taibbi was on episode three

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joementum posted:

TIL there are multiple people on the edge of cancelling their subscriptions because Matt Taibbi was on episode three

I'm going to cancel my subscription unless Matt apologizes for ketchup. :colbert:

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

prefect posted:

I'm going to cancel my subscription unless Matt apologizes for ketchup. :colbert:

Waaait a minute, Ketchup? The thing little hands Drumpf puts on burned steak? And IIRC those were macaroni with cheese, and cheese is money ... Aaand ketchup is red like the flag of communist Russia whose puppet Drumpf is... Case closed, youre busted, tovarisch Chapaev.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

He's even going to donate a few hundred bucks to a nonprofit. What a guy.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Hell yeah

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Neon Belly posted:

He's even going to donate a few hundred bucks to a nonprofit. What a guy.

What would be an appropriate penance for his crime?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Just listened to the tabletop episode and the case for Virgil as best chapo just keeps getting stronger. That long ramble was one of the funniest bits ever.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Stickfigure posted:

Waaait a minute, Ketchup? The thing little hands Drumpf puts on burned steak? And IIRC those were macaroni with cheese, and cheese is money ... Aaand ketchup is red like the flag of communist Russia whose puppet Drumpf is... Case closed, youre busted, tovarisch Chapaev.

:bustem:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Felix melting down is very funny. Chapo needs to do an episode on it making fun of him.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Felix is the most earnest Dry Boy but covers his pain daily in a thick blanket of irony & racial slurs

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

As I have said before, cocksucker is the phonetically ideal curse word so I understand the struggle not to use it

no the ideal curse word starts with a sibilant so you can hiss it when you stub your toe, and ends sharply so you can bark it when you're yelling at somebody. that's why "gently caress" and "poo poo" are such workhorses. "cocksucker" does have the sibilant in the middle but it's not the same imo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr Hootington posted:

Felix melting down is very funny. Chapo needs to do an episode on it making fun of him.

"Felix, we're sending you to Cum Town this week."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Mr Hootington posted:

Do you really want to hear a series of defenses that all begin with "Okay, this is like when Big Boss..."

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Random old post but Katie Halper does tweet storms and she's a loving legit great.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Halloween Jack posted:

Do you really want to hear a series of defenses that all begin with "Okay, this is like when Big Boss..."

Absolutely

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
What I find weird about Jeet's tweet storm is when he ends with a link to an article he wrote. Who reads an entire thread and follows through with an article saying the same thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Halloween Jack posted:

Yes.