Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Vitamin P posted:

the british forces being better than the us forces at doing the more difficult part of the job doesn't have anything to do with the politicians who sent them there and decided the overall strategy
lmao explain how they lost Basra and Helmand and had to be bailed out by the US twice then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hakimashou is probably hoping israel announce ftheir nuclear capability by glassing the rest of the middle east

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

the iraq debacle's chilling effect on the khorne cult that is american foreign policy discourse was extremely good, and more international isolation would have made it stronger. it would definitely have been Good if blair had not lied to force us into his insane human sacrifice ritual

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Peel posted:

the iraq debacle's chilling effect on the khorne cult that is american foreign policy discourse was extremely good, and more international isolation would have made it stronger. it would definitely have been Good if blair had not lied to force us into his insane human sacrifice ritual

Um I think you'll find the Chilcott report cleared him of lying, he just believed in a bunch of horrible dumb lies for some TOTALLY NOT EGOTISTICAL OR RELIGIOUS reason and forced the country to go to war based on them.

Totally different!

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Peel posted:

the iraq debacle's chilling effect on the khorne cult that is american foreign policy discourse was extremely good
Do Yemen, Libya and Syria not count to you or what here

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

jBrereton posted:

That and the willingness of both parties to declare a genocidal war on Iran seem pretty chilling tbh.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

breaklaw posted:

Bush was wrong to invade Iraq but Blair was right to support him.

Hopefully the UK and Europe never get their own version of a neoconvservative cabal, but if the UK ever had a reason to start a war built on nothing but lies and asinine political theories, the US should still support them in any and every way they need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHol7WW2A8g

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

jBrereton posted:

lmao explain how they lost Basra and Helmand and had to be bailed out by the US twice then

because they were under-resourced and the yanks took their time to properly engage

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
ere we ad to flippin torture iraqi civvos because we only ad snatch landies unlike the bloomin yanks innit

lions led by donkeys

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

jBrereton posted:

compare them to the iraq war, without iraq the us might have straight-up invaded and gone after iran too. the death cult is still powerful, but it was weakened for a while and had to retreat to multilateralism and masking its activities. it's also presented a problem for politicians, see clinton and trump squirming over their support for it.

it wasn't enough because the death cult is incredibly powerful and entrenched, but making the effect bigger rather than giving the cult cover would have been good

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Peel posted:

compare them to the iraq war
Yeah similar or greater numbers of people have died because of the antics of USAF and the intelligence community.

Nice pacifism (unless that just means 'American troops not dying' to you)

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

does that require blaming the us for syria deaths the way it's responsible for iraq deaths because that's a trickier sell imo

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
they've certainly done a bit!!

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

well you see if they bomb them from the air they can't rape them first or piss on them afterwards, so there's less trace evidence

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

TomViolence posted:

well you see if they bomb them from the air they can't rape them first or piss on them afterwards, so there's less trace evidence

Also you can ignore all the casualty reports because you don't have anyone locally (apart from all the special forces teams) to confirm them!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Bombing ISIS is bad?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Oh, bombing ISIS is fine, as long as you're jsut bombing ISIS. You know, with air strikes, that most precise and surgical of applications of force.

It's not like ISIS makes strongholds in populated urban areas after all.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

NATO has killed more civilians in the last six months, than the previous eight years.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nonsense posted:

NATO has killed more civilians in the last six months, than the previous eight years.

Surly that's how you win hearts and minds

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
they still haven't surpassed lemays high score. loving noobs.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Agnosticnixie posted:

Wherever there's grift to be made on the back of the global south there's always a canadian business looking to profit but yeah, true.

has there ever been a good expose on the conduct of canadian mining companies? I feel like there was but it probably needs to be updated or needs more exposure

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I agree with piss flaps. i am also very fat.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

KomradeX posted:

Surly that's how you win hearts and minds

We had to destroy the village to save it.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!

Dreylad posted:

has there ever been a good expose on the conduct of canadian mining companies? I feel like there was but it probably needs to be updated or needs more exposure

I'd really like to read anything goons happen to have handy on this subject.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
what if death is good and it is we who are wrong?

makes u think

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Mycroft Holmes posted:

they still haven't surpassed lemays high score. loving noobs.

General Mattis looks up at the portait of Curtis LeMay and lets out a deep sigh. "One day", he thinks...

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/KevinBrennanMP/status/887986811775180800

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

I see they left out popular culture in her post-thaw debriefing

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
:siren: ALERT!!! A FILTHY CANUCK HAS TOUCHED THE QUEEN :siren:

Canadian official touches Queen, blames carpet for protocol breach

this is a travesty... great shame has been brought upon the canadian people :britain: :canada:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/faisalislam/sta...r%3D120%23pti21

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Darkman Fanpage posted:

:siren: ALERT!!! A FILTHY CANUCK HAS TOUCHED THE QUEEN :siren:

Canadian official touches Queen, blames carpet for protocol breach

this is a travesty... great shame has been brought upon the canadian people :britain: :canada:

please forgive us for this great shame britain...don't kick us out of the commonwealth!!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://twitter.com/MattTurner4L/status/887772608187568128

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Top City Homo posted:

what if death is good and it is we who are wrong?

makes u think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL9k4DcoCXQ

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

ed balls and the corbynator in one shot y o w z a

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol I love him

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

ed balls and the corbynator in one shot y o w z a

am I missing something? no balls in any of those

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

these seem very animaniacs-esque

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Oh Jeremy! Corbyn

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/LibDems/status/888068222561464320

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

iis hakimashou some kind of migf rereg or is he juts profoundly stupid and evil