Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I think we'll see more similarities with Eclipsa and Star this season. Her and Eclipsa being the two most magically attuned Butterflys has already been said and Ludo pointing out how Star doesn't even know the chapter one spell from her book is a big part of that because she's capable of what she is already without any kind of focused training, something I think we'll see Eclipsa was like too at her age. Another big one is their relations with monsters. Star has a small following of monsters that see her as cool/something to look up to already and she has no problem hanging out with them (or even dating like Tom). The entire rest of her family and Mewni see monsters as just something to fight, not mingle with and going forward I wonder if Star will start facing ostracization with the rebuilding of Mewni and the refusale of the royals to work with the monsters to do so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Also, as an aside, if you have a Tumblr and you aren't following storyboard revisionist Ariel V. H, you really should.

I like the artists notes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Toffee is like everything I like in a villain. It's a little sad he's dead but no good villain can live forever.

The transformation was loving awesome I wanna draw that poo poo super badly but a replacement cord for my tablet hasn't arrived yet :qq:

Also I gotta say, I wish Ludo had a bit more of a... resolution? I guess? I find him to be a really tragic character and would've liked a bit more than just "I have some stuff to work out throw me off screen for a while".

The credits song is dope

edit: They shoulda done more to make the magical liquid when the regeneration temple starts up again look less like pee though

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 17, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ironslave posted:

Eclipsa and Ludo as the surrogate mother and (monster) son they never had.

I really hope that, wether she ends up a villain or not, Eclipsa is just super sweet and supportive towards every monster she meets.

I'm picturing her as a combination of Mortica Adams and Mary Poppins, which is pretty appropriate since her wand was an umbrella.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I really hope that, wether she ends up a villain or not, Eclipsa is just super sweet and supportive towards every monster she meets.

I'm picturing her as a combination of Mortica Adams and Mary Poppins, which is pretty appropriate since her wand was an umbrella.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obNTJTByrF4

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 17, 2017

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

With Toffee's story tentatively over, I feel like it would be helpful to write out a timeline of how his plans and motives changed and evolved over time. There are still some loose ends here and there (so what's his real name?), but I think his story can at least be theoretically tied up.

• Toffee became a lizard general in the monster army back during the last Monster-Mewman War. Based on Star's pop-up book, this was far from the first time the two races had clashed.
  • The war went badly for the monsters and their leader was prepared to sign a peace treaty, but Toffee wasn't ready to give up. He's practically immortal, after all, and much of his army is too. As such, he betrays his ruler and breaks the armistice in order to stab Moon's mother in the back and deal a serious blow to Mewni.
  • When Moon comes to his camp, Toffee believes she can't possibly have enough magic skill to kill him, so he watches, amused, as she tries her little parlor trick. But when she (purposefully, watch her eyes) shoots his finger off and it doesn't come back, he is no longer amused.
  • Monsters aren't exactly the brightest or most courageous bunch (at least if Ludo's goons are any indication), so when they see Moon can and will murder them all, regeneration or not, they flee. With no army at his back and his own life at risk, Toffee leaves in a huff.
  • Toffee knows he'll only get the same result if he goes up against Moon again, especially after Moon crushes the army remnants and the monster leader signs the peace treaty. As such, he bides his time and spends what's probably around two decades researching Mewni magic. This is probably when and how he learns about stuff like the Whispering Spell and the fact that it can blast you to the Source of Magic, let you communicate through a wand, and affect the real world to a limited extent. This all must have happened to someone else first, someone who wrote it all down (and probably went through an episode-worthy story).
  • Toffee also probably learned about the tradition of handing down the wand to the princess and that Eclipsa's chapter in the Book of Spells has a nasty habit of turning people into magical conduits.
  • Toffee watches as Star grows up and Ludo becomes her bumbling arch-nemesis. While he was uninterested in taking part before since doing so might have tipped off Moon, Toffee takes the first opportunity to insinuate himself into Ludo's crew after Star gets the wand. This is, after all, when the wand is most vulnerable.
  • Toffee notices that Buff Frog is the only monster smart enough to be suspicious of him, so he gives him a portal mace that either only works for him or only works on Mewni and convinces Ludo to fire him when he inevitably fails.
  • Toffee slowly endears himself to the rest of Ludo's crew, and once Ludo fails badly enough he takes the opportunity to talk the other monsters into letting him take over.
  • Now that he has Ludo's resources at his complete disposal, Toffee puts his long-awaited plan into action. He uses Ludo's goons to the best of their abilities (a skill he demonstrated during "Fortune Cookies") and sets up a magic-resistant cage so he can use Marco as a hostage. The cage material was probably another fruit of his research.
  • Star dipping down wasn't something Toffee expected, but fortunately for him it didn't matter thanks to the cage material. He gets Star to use the Whispering Spell and lets it blast him into the Source of Magic.
  • Toffee begins corrupting the Source with his hate and anger, slowly making it ineffective for anything except destruction. He melts into it either willingly or because magic has some sort of caustic property.
  • Toffee knows that Star has a new wand because the Source links to both of them. However, its solid design means he can only really affect the unicorn inside and strengthen Star's connection to green magic.
  • Reaching out with his new magical senses, Toffee discovers Ludo floating in the void and figures he can use him as a cat's paw again. He opens a portal to Mewni and throws a green blast of energy to push Ludo through.
  • Once Ludo gets his feet under him, Toffee sends a vision of Star to lure Ludo to the second crystal half, a crystal half he turned into a wand using a handy piece of flint and the bones of his own right arm.
  • Toffee calmly waits for Ludo to learn how to power his wand, because at that point Toffee can speak to him directly. He obliquely suggests that Ludo should steal Star's book (Ludo takes "steal her wisdom" literally since he has no imagination, but it's obvious what Toffee meant in hindsight).
  • Ludo uses the rats he cowed to smuggle corn and create his own fields, with Toffee advising him every step along the way. Later, this develops into an operation that uses monsters as mostly coerced help and involves setting up a miniature Butterfly Castle so the rats can learn its streets and train to infiltrate the Mewni capital. Presumably Toffee doesn't trust monsters after they abandoned him on the battlefield.
  • When Buff Frog shows up, Toffee figures he could get BF's help since he was so loyal to Ludo. It doesn't go the way he hoped, though.
  • With Buff Frog aware of Ludo's operation and very possibly working with the royal family, Toffee tells Ludo to abandon the caves and set up his new headquarters at an ancient monster temple. At some point after this, Dennis spots Ludo during a flight through the mountains.
  • Being connected to both wands and the Source of Magic, Toffee is aware of the moment when Star brings his finger out of the wand. He realizes this could be the best way for him to regain a physical form, but there's nothing he can do about that yet.
  • Toffee (through Ludo) sends rats to Earth to spy on Star. When Toffee realizes that Star is distracted by her feelings for Marco on the night of Bon Bon's death day, he gets Ludo to ambush her when she's at her weakest. Presumably this need to relay information and prepare the clown costume is why several hours pass between Star going to the graveyard and Ludo appearing.
  • Toffee figures Glossaryck will be loyal to the Butterflys and uncooperative, but Glossaryck surprises him by being forthcoming. As such, he steps back until Ludo gives Toffee an opening to manipulate his insecurities and talk him into reading Eclipsa's chapter and becoming a magic conduit. With that done, Toffee can now possess Ludo directly, but he continues to let Ludo stay himself most of the time. This may be because possession is taxing, Ludo's minions would be suspicious of a personality change, or both. Incidentally, Toffee knows Glossaryck because he's been watching this whole time and Glossaryck knows Toffee because the dude killed a Butterfly.
  • As the Book of Spells' new official owner, Toffee orders Glossaryck to hide himself where no one can find him. This is both to prevent Ludo from becoming too powerful and to keep him out of the way during the inevitable Butterfly reprisal. Glossaryck is able to do this (and make it look easy) because he's practically omniscient. He also creates a fake copy to distract them, but it's mostly unneeded since Moon decides to talk to Ludo one-on-one.
  • When Moon and the Commission arrive, Toffee waits for an opportunity to ambush them, an opportunity that comes when the Commission leaves Moon alone with Ludo. He can then curbstomp the Commission because they are Mewni magic creations, Mewni magic has weakened from his corrupting influence, and he's pretty much made of the stuff at this point.
  • Toffee takes a moment to fuse the wand with Ludo's arm, both to control him more easily and to prepare for the later finger exchange.
  • When Moon revives, she's only able to keep him at bay because she's weakened too, she was never that strong in magic in the first place, and Moon would rather avoid using the Darkest Spell chant.
  • Toffee brings up Star and his finger to psyche Moon out, which works out better for him than he probably expected. Not that it matters much with magic almost completely corrupted after he drained the Magic High Commission.
  • With Moon in hiding and the Commission out of commission, Toffee wants to move immediately to conquer Butterfly Castle. He can't stop Ludo from getting all huffy with the Book of Spells (which may in the end have followed Glossaryck's agenda), but after the book burns he gets Ludo to stop wasting time.
  • The conquest of Mewni turns out even easier than Toffee had expected: the magic defenses are down because of him, but all the soldiers are also partied out because River is a terrible king who forgot the "safe" part of "happy and safe."
  • With the battle over and Ludo in charge, Toffee starts driving him even more insane than usual. This is probably to make it easier for him to step in and take over once he gets the chance to regenerate his body.
  • When Star shows up, Toffee captures her so he can ransom her for his finger.
  • When Star starts to realize that Toffee is in the wand/Source of Magic, he avoids contradicting her or telling Ludo to stop her. This is probably to avoid suspicion and also because he feels confident in his control of the Source. Whether she dies in the Source or in the dungeon makes no difference to him, and he figures she'll be equally unable to stop him either way.
  • The ransom exchange takes place, and Toffee uses the wand to reunite his body and spirit once more. Between his invulnerability, the complete corruption of magic, and the fact that he's still partly made out of corrupted magical energy, he has nothing to fear from Moon, Marco, or anyone.
  • Toffee's final step would probably have been to convince the rats to obey him directly and take complete control over Butterfly Castle and the capital of Mewni. Unfortunately, that's when Glossaryck's long-term plan paid off (Star found a brown seed that glowed yellow which Glossaryck was only able to create over the flames of the burning book) and Super ButterFly 3 Star hit him with a full-bore Joy blast.

That sure is a lot of steps, but then half of it he made up as he went along.

TLDR: The only reason Toffee failed is because he figured Star would only be as powerful as her mother.

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 18, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Rewatched the 2 hour episode again and it dawned on me how sad the scene with Ludo is before Star does the Whispering Spell a second time is. He's basically admitting he's losing his mind, he can't sleep cause he always hearing a voice in his head, and he realizes how crazy talking to his wand hand is so he's just begging Star to do something to make it stop

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
So the livechat just ended, and they have a very brief promo at the end, consisting of three lines: Star saying "When Toffee was destroyed, she'd be set free," Moon saying "She can make you do things you don't want to do," and Eclipsa saying "How did that spell work out for you?"

The most important info, though, was the news that the next episodes will begin airing... in November :negative:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yes, this. This is exactly what I'm hoping freed Eclipsa will be like.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 18, 2017

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I figured the teleportation mace had an on-switch that only Toffee knew how to use.

Interesting how Super Saiyan Star managed to mortally wound Toffee. I presume either Toffee was weakened from corrupting all the magic, or her spell overwhelmed his healing ability until it burnt out. Or maybe Moon's spell actually worked enough to disable it.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The most important info, though, was the news that the next episodes will begin airing... in November :negative:

At least it's four months instead of five this time. Plus the cliffhanger isn't nearly as painful.

Inescapable Duck posted:

Interesting how Super Saiyan Star managed to mortally wound Toffee. I presume either Toffee was weakened from corrupting all the magic, or her spell overwhelmed his healing ability until it burnt out. Or maybe Moon's spell actually worked enough to disable it.

I have a theory that healing yellow magic is directly opposed to the corrupted goo he became. He was basically a goo lich by the end, and as we all know healing magic is harmful to the undead. Remember, he had the opportunity to absorb Lekmet along with the others during the big battle, but he didn't. Killing another Butterfly would have worked into his plans nicely, so perhaps he left Lekmet alone because he couldn't afford to absorb his yellow magic.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Rewatching the movie yet again, this time in glorious HD, and I'm noticing a few things. 1: every time we see Queen Moon (with one exception in "Mr. Candle Cares"), she's wearing gloves that go up past her elbows. This would imply that the marks on her arms from casting the Darkest Spell the first time never went away.

2: in "Book Be Gone," I spotted this:

3: I can't believe Ariel is loving dead:

4: Cowsheep to go with the piggoats:

5: Unicorn kitties!

6: *Gasp* Triangle food!

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 18, 2017

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Toffee.jpg

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Not ture, turns out Toffee is extremely weak against both Joy blasts and getting crushed by pillars.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm happy that Ludo got the killing blow. Felt pretty good to see him swatting Toffee with that pillar.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm happy that Ludo got the killing blow. Felt pretty good to see him swatting Toffee with that pillar.

"It turns out cha dead."

Alan Tudyk is a treasure.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nobody who likes candy can be that evil.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
I think that everyone on-screen and many here are both overestimating how dead Toffee is and confusing his means and ends. The other monsters (Ludo in particular) want to conquer Mewni, and getting magic is a means to that end; I think Toffee doesn't care about anything temporal like ruling Mewni or even killing the Butterflies. He wants magic gone or corrupted and everything he's done was in service of that goal.

Even with the flow of magic to Mewni restored, it's been significantly changed and while Glossaryck isn't dead, he's no longer present for at least the near-term. I think Toffee's dying words, that only he knows how this ends, will prove true in the long-term.

(Also: what does Eclipsa crave? What is toffee? Hmmmmmm?)

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

He's dead enough to fulfill the terms of a magical contract so that counts as pretty dead-dead.

However, I think we all know how much that counts for in a fictional setting where magic is real. Narratively, I'd say it's better if Toffee stays dead, Lekmet too. Messing around with bringing people back from the dead often spoils any concept of stakes or jeopardy in a story. But whatever, the writing in this show has impressed me pretty consistently, and whatever direction they take things I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I have to say, when I started watching Star Vs I never would have guessed that Season 3 would open with a feature-length set of episodes culminating in the main villain getting his flesh blasted off and his still-animate skeleton crushed like the Terminator in the hydraulic press.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I still want to know what was up with the diamond and spade marks on Toffee's skull pauldrons in his Monster Rebellion days. I don't think Toffee is likely to have had any direct contact with Eclipsa, but given how much research he had to have put into the wand and the history of the Butterfly dynasty, it wouldn't surprise me if he figured out Moon made a deal with her, and factored Eclipsa's escape into some kind of contingency plan.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I just assumed they were trophies from other members of the Butterfly family. I seem to remember in Game of Flags that a few of Moon's relatives also had the cheek making thingies.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Skippy McPants posted:

I just assumed they were trophies from other members of the Butterfly family. I seem to remember in Game of Flags that a few of Moon's relatives also had the cheek making thingies.

They do, but they aren't repeated-thus far, every cheek mark has been unique to that individual. Because of that, it means that there was almost certainly a specific reason as to why Toffee chose those particular icons to decorate his armor. For Moon's diamonds, it makes sense-even before Toffee killed her mother, Moon was the heir to the Butterfly throne, and at the time her death would represent the death of that direct line of the Butterfly Dynasty.

With Eclipsa's markings though, it gets tricky. It could have been that Toffee merely chose the well-known markings of an ancient Butterfly Queen, symbolizing how he was seeking to destroy the Butterfly legacy in addition to the current monarch. But even though we don't know a lot about Eclipsa, we do know she's infamous-meaning that it's unlikely Toffee would have merely picked her symbol at random. But because we know so little about Eclipsa, it's hard to guess why Toffee chose her symbol specifically. Hell, we know the modern Mewmans fear and loathe her, but we don't even know how the Monsters feel about her-after all, just because she ran off with a monster husband doesn't mean future monsters would feel any need to look up to her in any way.

I imagine that once we actually get more details on why Eclipsa's history and why she was frozen, it'll probably become more clear as to why Toffee chose her symbol to paint on his armor. But until then, it's an interesting mystery to consider.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Moon and Buff Frog's board game does serve to illustrate that Mewmans and Monsters have spent centuries demonising each other, to the point where it takes them a bit to realise the other might not be inherently bad. Though Moon actually got along with Ludo's mother. Maybe it's classism at play there, at least they're monster nobility, not monster commoners. And we've seen how heavily class-segregated Mewni is.

Toffee wasn't the mysterious business suited schemer in the flashback with Moon, though; he was pretty standard barbarian general, with the skulls all over the bloody place, breaking a treaty to take the opportunity to kill the most powerful enemy he has, and taken by surprise when the teenage daughter actually turns out to be competent at something. Presumably, over the couple of decades at least before he joined Ludo's gang, Toffee's been learning and changing.

The Magic High Commission are basically gods without the g-word, complete with two of them being based on pagan deities (Lekmet and Heckapoo) so them being hard to permanently put down probably makes sense.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Inescapable Duck posted:

Moon and Buff Frog's board game does serve to illustrate that Mewmans and Monsters have spent centuries demonising each other, to the point where it takes them a bit to realise the other might not be inherently bad. Though Moon actually got along with Ludo's mother. Maybe it's classism at play there, at least they're monster nobility, not monster commoners. And we've seen how heavily class-segregated Mewni is.

There's also the fact that she didn't have to stay at the Avarius home. I feel like she didn't want to touch anything while she was there.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
With the person who mentioned resurrecting characters could set a bad precedent and kill the stakes, I think the idea was done fairly well in Steven Universe - Steven can bring people and animals back to life in some limited form, but they come back not themselves - they tend to be bright pink with no mesurable pulse and no need to eat - basically magical zombies but with their minds intact.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

BioEnchanted posted:

With the person who mentioned resurrecting characters could set a bad precedent and kill the stakes, I think the idea was done fairly well in Steven Universe - Steven can bring people and animals back to life in some limited form, but they come back not themselves - they tend to be bright pink with no mesurable pulse and no need to eat - basically magical zombies but with their minds intact.

Eh, the counterpoint is that in that example, it happened almost immediately, using an ability that was telegraphed earlier in the series (Though obviously not to that extent).

More importantly, though, while I'm sure the writers could find a way to bring back Toffee in an interesting way, I doubt they will if only because it would go against one of the series' biggest hallmarks: when things change, they stay changed. While I'm sure we'll continue to see the effects of Toffee's plans, any revival of the lizard himself would be a major reversion to a prior status quo, a situation the writers have taken pretty great pains to avoid thus far.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The whole implication of that scene seemed to be, one way or another, his regeneration has stopped working. Hell, his flesh is literally melting off his bones.

If Toffee somehow survives that, it's going to be as something very different.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Toffee's new form (and entire storyline):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J8mkHUsiXY

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Inescapable Duck posted:

The whole implication of that scene seemed to be, one way or another, his regeneration has stopped working. Hell, his flesh is literally melting off his bones.

If Toffee somehow survives that, it's going to be as something very different.

Yeah, I figure if he comes back again it'll be as some kind of hideous goo monster who can never resume his old shape thanks to all the damage he took. Or, as a twist, the protagonists have to find some way to resurrect him to reverse Moon's contract and refreeze Eclipsa. It doesn't feel like that'll be the case since Toffee isn't the sort of person who would accept a redemption arc, but I'm throwing out all the possibilities I can think of here.

Speaking of, here's another thought I had: more flashback episodes. We get to find out more of Toffee's backstory and motivations, maybe learn how he found the information he used to cleave the wand and orchestrate Ludo's rise to power, and we get an excuse to see young Moon and River again.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Was Rasticore Chaosus Disastervane part of Toffee's army? One of those gators looked familiar.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Do this look like the face of pure evil?

Anyone want an avatar?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Regarding whether Toffee's going to come back, it's worth noting that several crew members haven't exactly been subtle about his current status.

Inescapable Duck posted:

Was Rasticore Chaosus Disastervane part of Toffee's army? One of those gators looked familiar.

Yeah, it was him:

I'm not gonna lie, he's one of my favorite background characters in the show. He's the epitome of someone's tryhard 'badass' RPG character that ends up rolling a 1 every time they try to do something cool and I love it :allears:

Say Nothing posted:

Do this look like the face of pure evil?

Anyone want an avatar?

This is great, though I decided to take a shot at removing the Ducktales logo and getting it under the size limit:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The lizards probably are comfortable replacing parts of their body with implants and things because if it doesn't work out they can just pull it out and grow it back.

Was funny in this show's particular way that Eclipsa, having been revived from stasis, is mostly just really hungry.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

This is great, though I decided to take a shot at removing the Ducktales logo and getting it under the size limit:

Yoink.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Since DXD has elected not to show the Battle for Mewni episodes in order, I guess I'm waiting on a streaming service eventually getting around to it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
If anyone else wants a specific av of something, let me know, I've way too much time to kill at the moment.

Madurai posted:

Since DXD has elected not to show the Battle for Mewni episodes in order, I guess I'm waiting on a streaming service eventually getting around to it.

If you have cable, you should be able to watch it through WatchDisneyXD.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Like I said, way too much time.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If anyone else wants a specific av of something, let me know, I've way too much time to kill at the moment.

Melted Toffee? Though I'm not sure what the flavor text would be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

DarklyDreaming posted:

Melted Toffee? Though I'm not sure what the flavor text would be

"At least he's not banana flavor."

"What do you call a lizard with a sick rhyme? A rap-tile!"

"Turns out ya dead!"

"Welcome to Disney XD!"