Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

There Bias Two posted:

What kind of self-absorbed jackass puts his doctorate in his twitter handle?

Comedian and not-actually-a-doctor Brendon "Guess how many fingers I'm holding up my butt" Walsh? :lol:

e:

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Hastings posted:

You are a unicorn: you have innocence and hope. Hold onto that, beautiful stranger.:h:

You joke, but I have more faith in humanity than most and prefer to keep it that way, especially in D&D. :colbert:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I mean, I'd much rather McCain be President instead of Trump so I'll give him that much. I guess.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

mod sassinator posted:

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders, can polonium poisoning cause a brain tumor like we see?

:rolleyes: decrepit old people get cancer, there's no need to find an explanation for this

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

ought ten posted:

Don't worry, the tissue of concern was completely resected.

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/887825014006874112

Its a glioblastoma. Same tumor Kennedy died of. McCain's got about two years tops.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

but sure let's all fall over ourselves in the race to give sympathy to a man who was just about to vote in favor of killing an untold number of people

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I hope John McCain recovers quickly, returns to the Senate, confronts the error of his ways, and votes straight ticket Democrat for the remainder of his term.

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

peeonwe posted:

It's not a brag like I'm a saint but I'm responding to somebody who thinks I need people to prove their worth to me simply because I don't care that a piece of poo poo is dying.

McCain was no angel.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm just waiting to see what our esteemed president has to say about McCain. He has the grace of a fart in church, and I fully expect him to say something embarrassing and crass.

He likes people who don't have brain cancer.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
Reminder: while McCain was in Vietnam his wife got in a car accident and was stuck in a wheel chair when McCain came back. McCain immediately started cheating on her and eventually divorced her so he could marry his mistress.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
perhaps this will precipitate many of the old pieces of poo poo gop senators to get brain cancer hosed

Caros
May 14, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I hope John McCain recovers quickly, returns to the Senate, confronts the error of his ways, and votes straight ticket Democrat for the remainder of his term.

Would be nice if he finally realized he didn't have any reason to keep being disturbed and just told trump to eat a dick.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Low Desert Punk posted:

so when is donnie going to start pretending he ever gave a gently caress about mccain

I'm sure his condolences tweet will be written by a staffer.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

What if there's an unknown radiation source in the Senate and it's given all the GOPers brain cancer?

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Yinlock posted:

but sure let's all fall over ourselves in the race to give sympathy to a man who was just about to vote in favor of killing an untold number of people

Hey now, he wasn't 100% sure about the number of poor and brown people that the current GOP plan would kill, so let's give him some respect. Sure, he wants my disabled sister to sweat it out as he finds the number of poor and brown people he's comfortable with killing but the fact that he's not just blindly supporting the GOP's numbers really shows his humanity and we should salute him with empty words and platitudes.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
McCain is probably a less terrible person than whatever Trump bootlicker the governor of Arizona will nominate to replace him.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
For me, the biggest thing I'll remember McCain for happened in the aftermath of Libya. Republican voters were all talking poo poo about the people there because of Benghazi and stereotypes about terrorism, and democrat voters wanted Libya to fail because it was a ~ regime change~, so they only saw the worst in the situation there. Together, they wanted to suspend aid and let Libya fall. But McCain stood up and said that Libya had free and fair elections, and they elected moderates. That the people there were our friends, and we needed to stay by their side and help them. He caught poo poo from all sides for that one, except for from Libyans, who were out protesting against the attack on the consulate. Nobody but McCain saw that, because no one else cared about those people. He also took the time to meet with Mouaz Mustafa, who is one of the major figures in smuggling aid to people in Syria who need it. McCain even went to Syria with Mouaz to see the situation for himself. It was a really powerful thing, and you could see it gave people hope. Even if it amounted to nothing, just the fact that someone was listening and cared about what they were going through meant the world to people in Syria. He's always been a friend for the good people in Syria who were fighting for their rights. I don't agree with him on much domestically, or with his stances on Israel, but that man often fought for a world where everyone could be free and treated with dignity when few others were willing to, and I'll always respect that about him.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

peeonwe posted:

Hey now, he wasn't 100% sure about the number of poor and brown people that the current GOP plan would kill, so let's give him some respect. Sure, he wants my disabled sister to sweat it out as he finds the number of poor and brown people he's comfortable with killing but the fact that he's not just blindly supporting the GOP's numbers really shows his humanity and we should salute him with empty words and platitudes.

If we don't espouse compassion for every single living person you are obviously an amoral monster.

Beep boop I have the universal truths of what makes a good person.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I mean, I'd much rather McCain be President instead of Trump so I'll give him that much. I guess.

Vice
President
Sarah
Palin

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Tatsuta Age posted:

Vice
President
Sarah
Palin

You don't think she would have resigned halfway through her term?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He likes people who don't have brain cancer.

His dad died with Alzheimer's, and there's a good chance he'll die with it too [If he doesn't already have it], so watching a peer go out with his brain being destroyed might make him feel the cold sting of the reaper that much closer.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

Vice
President
Sarah
Palin

Right now we basically have President Sarah Palin so

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Volkerball posted:

For me, the biggest thing I'll remember McCain for happened in the aftermath of Libya. Republican voters were all talking poo poo about the people there because of Benghazi and stereotypes about terrorism, and democrat voters wanted Libya to fail because it was a ~ regime change~, so they only saw the worst in the situation there. Together, they wanted to suspend aid and let Libya fall. But McCain stood up and said that Libya had free and fair elections, and they elected moderates. That the people there were our friends, and we needed to stay by their side and help them. He caught poo poo from all sides for that one, except for from Libyans, who were out protesting against the attack on the consulate. Nobody but McCain saw that, because no one else cared about those people. He also took the time to meet with Mouaz Mustafa, who is one of the major figures in smuggling aid to people in Syria who need it. McCain even went to Syria with Mouaz to see the situation for himself. It was a really powerful thing, and you could see it gave people hope. Even if it amounted to nothing, just the fact that someone was listening and cared about what they were going through meant the world to people in Syria. He's always been a friend for the good people in Syria who were fighting for their rights. I don't agree with him on much domestically, or with his stances on Israel, but that man often fought for a world where everyone could be free and treated with dignity when few others were willing to, and I'll always respect that about him.

Then he came out in favor of torturing people in indefinite military detention.

EDIT: At least you actually had something decent you could say about him, instead of just spouting idiocies about how you must have compassion for everybody.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Pakled posted:

McCain is probably a less terrible person than whatever Trump bootlicker the governor of Arizona will nominate to replace him.

Bingo

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Crackbone posted:

And secretly sold Apache holy land.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Robot Hobo posted:

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what angle Fox News takes in order to call Barack a horrible person for this tweet.

Obama thinks McCain is a tough opponent -- tough enough to beat cancer.
Obama beat McCain in a landslide.
Obama thinks Obama is far, far more powerful than cancer. Basically a god.

...plus, I need his abstain"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think once a dude say poo poo like this on national television his humanity should be in pretty serious doubt, yeah

Thanks, I've been looking for this gif

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

mormonpartyboat posted:

Reminder: while McCain was in Vietnam his wife got in a car accident and was stuck in a wheel chair when McCain came back. McCain immediately started cheating on her and eventually divorced her so he could marry his mistress.

Precisely. And in addition to calling *that* woman a oval office when she played with his hair in front of some VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE, there's this episode of him being a lovable scamp when he was a junior officer:

I was recall reading, while we are on the subject of aviators, from his memoir, that one fine day in the skies over Mississippi Lt. j.g. (Later Sen.) John S. McCain III was in an extended holding pattern while waiting to land at McCain Field. The base was, of course, named after his grandfather, Adm John S McCain Sr who commanded Task Force 38 (look it up) under Bull Halsey. In a minor fit of pique he requested that the ATCs clear him soon or he would "take his airfield and go home". Got his six chewed by his XO for being so presumptuous.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Why though, because that guy won't pretend to be against it before voting for it?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oracle posted:

Its a glioblastoma. Same tumor Kennedy died of. McCain's got about two years tops.

Posting from the neuro icu

Can confirm.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

FizFashizzle posted:

Posting from the neuro icu

Can confirm.

Sorry about your brain cancer.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Crackbone posted:

Or what? He'll burn down a village?

:golfclap:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It's always great to see how many more likes and retweets Obama gets every time he tweets compared to Trump. And he doesn't have a million bots on his side either.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Crackbone posted:

EDIT: At least you actually had something decent you could say about him, instead of just spouting idiocies about how you must have compassion for everybody.

I have been absolutely appalled with him at times, don't get me wrong. But there's few politicians I can't say that about.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

KickerOfMice posted:

You joke, but I have more faith in humanity than most and prefer to keep it that way, especially in D&D. :colbert:

I think it is just beautiful. :kiddo: I love seeing positivity after pages and pages of Covok.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/887835886423035906
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/887833453022109696
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/887823989762076673
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/887810983837806592
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/887813169837727744

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Mulva posted:

His dad died with Alzheimer's, and there's a good chance he'll die with it too [If he doesn't already have it], so watching a peer go out with his brain being destroyed might make him feel the cold sting of the reaper that much closer.

lol a peer

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Volkerball posted:

Of all the things I expected vb to eulogize about ( keeping in mind the bastard's not even dead yet lol), count me as not expecting the angle "he stood with the country that killed vilerat"

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Glazier posted:

Why though, because that guy won't pretend to be against it before voting for it?

Because he's thoughtful in his bootlicking and ostensibly doesn't want to annihilate the system of government we've had for last 80 years.

Az is an insanely right wing, racist, STUPID state full of the rejects and psychopath retirees that couldn't stand how 'liberal' CA is. Imagine another King or Cotton in the Senste.

It can get a lot worse than McCain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Tatsuta Age posted:

Vice
President
Sarah
Palin

I'm having a hard time coming up with ways President Palin would be worse than President Trump. Just as bad, sure. But worse?

• Locked thread