Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

TBeats posted:

who issues a statement wishing McCain the best first: Trump or Obama?

the answer was Obama

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/887836712822558720

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donald Trump posted:

I lile people who don't get cancer.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

Glioblastoma. That's bad.

Yeah, I just read the Wikipedia article on it. He's basically done, isn't he.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There are six neurosurgeons in the entire DoD medical system for anybody wondering. No idea what the VA is like but it's probably at/around that, tops.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'd still br up for JohnMcCainisConcerned.com. it can be a historical document for anyone who wants to act like his post-Vietnam legacy is worth anything.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
What's the line? I'm going to go with December 15.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
My dad (1948-2015)

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Doublefuck the types of cancer that affect your sanity before slowly destroying your body and associated family
Ah, I see you're familiar too.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Dead Reckoning posted:

My dad (1948-2015)

Sorry to hear that, DR :smith:

I don't have any particular love for John McCain, but cancer can get hosed.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Dead Reckoning posted:

My dad (1948-2015)

My wife's first husband. Lost his mind, ruined their lives, then got the diagnosis.

gently caress brain cancer.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

just lol if Mccain dies and Trump does a dumb speech at his funeral

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Belgian Waffle posted:

Yeah, I just read the Wikipedia article on it. He's basically done, isn't he.
Goon docs are not optimistic.

Lote posted:

It's next to his non-dominant frontal lobe and it's growing so fast its hemorrhaging. That ain't good.

Reverand maynard posted:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/887848897296707584

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Reverand maynard posted:

I am praying that that never happens. Because
1. Trump is a worthless obese treasonous man-child
2. Trump would be taking valuable speech time away from someone who is not a worthless obese treasonous man-child
3. I hope McCain holds on long enough to cast a vote to remove the worthless obese treasonous man-child from office

e: lol, the spraytanned afterbirth used @POTUS which is means someone told an intern to do it

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

I'm calling it.

:siren: IT'S A NEWS TORNADO, RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES :siren:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/...re-iphone-share

Donnie basically said earlier "Don't you dare open this folder marked TRUMP ORGANIZATION FINANCIALS" and it looks like Deutsche Bank will be giving poo poo to Mueller.
Holding out hope for everyone not under executive immunity being legally skull hosed by financial stuff like this and Donnie going so off the wall ape poo poo bonkers that even Republicans do something.

Granted, he would probably have to get to the point of machine-gunning pardons at everyone then openly, publicly and directly declaring himself and his family above the laws of the country to probably get enough 'R's to flip but there has got to be a line somewhere and if it exists I have full confidence he'll cross it. It's way, way the gently caress past where it should be, but there either is a line or the nation is done.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dead Reckoning posted:

My dad (1948-2015)

More power to anyone whose family and support structure survives mentally debilitating forms of cancer, but between the breast cancer that took my aunt, and the testicular cancer that took my godfather, I thought me and my family had every angle of misery and anguish mapped out for the future.

I was sorely, sorely mistaken.

That's why I kinda don't joke around about cancer anymore, much less the worst forms of cancer. McCain can eat a dick, but I prefer he'd either not be afflicted by this poo poo in the first place, or - at the very least - soldier through it, before scarfing down a good helping of penis.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My friend got diagnosed with cancer right after finishing his undergrad degree and was only able to stay on his parents' insurance by the grace of the ACA. He went on to get his M.Eng in ME and now designs package sorting systems without having hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt hanging over his head.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
If McCain doesn't die within four weeks (Aug 16) I'll donate $25 to the charity of GiP's choice.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Stultus Maximus posted:

e: lol, the spraytanned afterbirth used @POTUS which is means someone told an intern to do it

McCain didn't do as he was told and make the bHCA pass. Do you think Trump
Would spare one brain cell to express false sympathy?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
My first girlfriend in college was diagnosed with pituitary cancer shortly after we broke up. She was a sweet, skinny, artsy girl.

:smith:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Vasudus posted:

There are six neurosurgeons in the entire DoD medical system for anybody wondering. No idea what the VA is like but it's probably at/around that, tops.

I know we're not supposed to be surprised by anything anymore because this loving timeline and all, but you've got to be loving kidding

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Michelle Bachmann shot her mouth off about a bunch of poo poo today.

Strib posted:

She also mentioned Justine Damond, the woman who was shot and killed late Saturday by Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor. She called Noor an “affirmative-action hire by the hijab-wearing mayor of Minneapolis, Betsy Hodges,” and insinuated that Noor may have shot Damond for “cultural” reasons.

That right there seems a great deal more disgusting than her regular fare, and that's saying something. I mean, her closeted husband runs a "conversion therapy" center for gently caress sake.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I know we're not supposed to be surprised by anything anymore because this loving timeline and all, but you've got to be loving kidding

Why would a neurosurgeon put up with DoD bullshit?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

because they forgot to resign their commission and got called back to active duty? :iiam:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

No big deal, all put together it's only a few dozen brains per doctor.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If there were only 6 neurosurgeons wearing a drat uniform in the US, I probably wouldn't lose my poo poo.

But from "in the entire DoD medical system", I kinda inferred more than just doctors with a rank...please feel free to convince me otherwise and save a small piece of my faith in humanity

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
You either got to loving love the military or be the shittiest neurosurgeon ever consider you can make loving bank in the real world

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The DoD medical system also includes numerous civilian and contract doctors, so yes, it is actually as bad as you think.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
At the least I'm sure plenty of dudes consult at least for the right off

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Military doctors also make a ton of loving money. On top of their officer pay they also get a massive chunk of change for being a doctor and then another $Texas depending upon their specialty. It's probably the only job in the military that's actually pays about on par with what it would in the civilian world, aside from an E3 42A.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
I know most of, if not all of those six neurosurgeons. The only reason all but one of them is in is because of ancient commitments from med school and/or ROTC/academy.

Neurosurgeons get double-hosed. They have to do non-sponsored civilian residencies that pay civilian rates and don't count toward retirement and then get paid jack squat for a relatively long commitment.

Of the ones I can think of offhand, there's one I think the world of; he's one of the best surgeons I know and a great person. One is awful on both counts. Two are decent.

The military doesn't really NEED many neurosurgeons. They mostly do spine surgeries at DoD facilities. The volume of brain surgeries is very low, and study after study shows that volume = safety. For those few who need brain surgery, everyone is better off if they are sent to a high volume civilian center. This goes for heart surgery, too.

psydude posted:

Military doctors also make a ton of loving money. On top of their officer pay they also get a massive chunk of change for being a doctor and then another $Texas depending upon their specialty. It's probably the only job in the military that's actually pays about on par with what it would in the civilian world, aside from an E3 42A.

Hahahahahahaha no.

The money is much better on the outside. Sometimes hilariously so. The more competitive your specialty (Neurosurgery, Anesthesia, etc.) the more this is true. Dermatologists are paid the same as primary care docs when they can make a million bucks with a we'll run practice.

Pediatrics is probably the closest to being paid market value, but only because they make so little on the civilian side.

Sax Offender fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 20, 2017

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Might be RUMINT, but allegedly the last time we commissioned a neurosurgeon, he graduated OTS, or whatever the knife-and-fork course that non-line officers go to, with a line number for Brigadier General.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Pesticide20 posted:

If McCain doesn't die within four weeks (Aug 16) I'll donate $25 to the charity of GiP's choice.

Planned Parenthood

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Make sure to make it in his name.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
Manafort and piss tape jr. have been asked to testify before the senate judiciary committee .

I really really hope jr makes another attempt at transparency and goes along with it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

A friend of mine is a Navy doc. He joined up to get school paid for, and he's planning to leave when his obligation is up, but he says that it's not a bad deal and the pay isn't far off from a civilian hospital and he has to put up with the bare minimum of military bullshit.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Dead Reckoning posted:

Might be RUMINT, but allegedly the last time we commissioned a neurosurgeon, he graduated OTS, or whatever the knife-and-fork course that non-line officers go to, with a line number for Brigadier General.

Nah. They're all O-4s and O-5s...maybe one O-6. There's no such thing as a line number for general...those go through congressional committees.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

jfc the trump interview

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
CHICKEN SHOES suggests McCain go to a DOD neurosurgeon within his constituency

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Doc Hawkins posted:

No big deal, all put together it's only a few dozen brains per doctor.

:master:

Dead Reckoning posted:

It's the branch of OTS called COT (commissioned officer training...they commission prior to training so they hold their rank through the course), vs BOT/basic officer training which is normal OTS. Starting as a 1-star...man I dunno, stars take Senate confirmation. Highest I've seen is a Lt Col, and he saluted OT Godholio because I guess he hadn't gotten to that class yet. Rank is supposed to be based on your civilian experience, so what the hell could he have been beforehand?

Must've straight run through a kids' bus stop or something and gotten a "prison or the military" deal.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 20, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Derek Dominoe posted:

Hahahahahahaha no.

The money is much better on the outside. Sometimes hilariously so. The more competitive your specialty (Neurosurgery, Anesthesia, etc.) the more this is true. Dermatologists are paid the same as primary care docs when they can make a million bucks with a we'll run practice.

Pediatrics is probably the closest to being paid market value, but only because they make so little on the civilian side.

Of course. But the vast majority of military doctors and dentists do about the same as they would in the private sector, especially when you factor in the free medical school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

Make sure to make it in his name.

Noted

• Locked thread