Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

"IT'S TOO LATE FOR ME NOW KIRIKA! YOU MUST BECOME MANKIND'S NEXT LAST ACTION HERO! INSIDE THIS POD IS A LINKER UPGRADE THAT WILL LET YOUR MOUTH OPEN AS WIDE AS MINE"

The technology that allows Ver's upper skull to bend and distort, alas, has never been properly replicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Has Chris always played with her hair like that?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Also where the heck is my Symphogear Musou game? That would own bones.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
It weirds me out that this show is still somehow not as popular as it should be.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

It weirds me out that this show is still somehow not as popular as it should be.

I can see the first season at minimum putting broader western audiences off if that's what you mean, and it would be a difficult dub.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

chumbler posted:

I can see the first season at minimum putting broader western audiences off if that's what you mean, and it would be a difficult dub.

Yeah, the first season has a lot of horrible death by dissolving and girls bleeding out of their eyes and Fine's Chris Torture Rack which are all kind of :stare: moments that would put a lot of people off, and you can't really skip S1 or quickly summarize it and have what follows be nearly as good or coherent.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

S1 gets pretty grim at times admittedly but I don't think it's anything worse than stuff they've had on Adult Swim.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

"IT'S TOO LATE FOR ME NOW KIRIKA! YOU MUST BECOME MANKIND'S NEXT LAST ACTION HERO! INSIDE THIS POD IS A LINKER UPGRADE THAT WILL LET YOUR MOUTH OPEN AS WIDE AS MINE"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kanos posted:

Yeah, the first season has a lot of horrible death by dissolving and girls bleeding out of their eyes and Fine's Chris Torture Rack which are all kind of :stare: moments that would put a lot of people off, and you can't really skip S1 or quickly summarize it and have what follows be nearly as good or coherent.
i dont think its really the gore or violence or dark implications so much as the moderate amounts of fanservice and the fact that the pitch (idol magical girls) makes losers say that the only good magical girl show is madoka and there are no good idol shows.

not to mention s1 is great but its pacing and plotting is all over the place. just the fact that it opens with a flash forward then a flashback is enough to put a ton of people off even if it's fairly simple to follow.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A Sentai dub of Symphogear.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
AS would probably show a metal magical boys anime

hmmm, that would be cool

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Lessail posted:

hmmm, that would be cool

I would watch the hell out of that

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Lessail posted:

hmmm, that would be cool

Oh my god. Incredibly over-the-top transformations set to Kreator songs. Costumes contain equal amounts spikes, leather and flamethrowers. The shy schoolboy tells me of the importance of friendship as he rends his enemies chainsawingly asunder, growling Archenemy songs at max volume.

Somewhere in the background, Lemmy-Senpai shotguns a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

Give me Detroit Metal City as an unironic Magical Girl/Boy action nonsense show, please

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't believe G's training montage is better than the first one, Genjuuro's song is too powerful. He's the perfect dad for Hibiki. :allears:

Also important Chris fact: she eats like a total slob.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's weird how Chris went from jumping out of windows in heels to not being able to keep up with Hibiki and Tsubasa.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sindai posted:

I can't believe G's training montage is better than the first one, Genjuuro's song is too powerful. He's the perfect dad for Hibiki. :allears:

Also important Chris fact: she eats like a total slob.

Oh poo poo, you're in that stretch of G now.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/drilogear/status/747888791814184960

I can't believe I forgot about this account.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Great lines in anime history: "I'll return alive, even if it kills me. :kamina:"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hibiki is just extremely cool.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Chris's fake heel turn and bomb collar seemed weird and out of nowhere, but upon further reflection Ver does seem like the kind of guy who'd keep a bomb collar in his pocket at all times, you know, just in case.

I can't believe he literally says "last action hero," distinctly, in english.

Miku is the true savior of the world, again.

Genjuuro giving Chris a dvd of Equilibrium should have been part of the montage.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sindai posted:

Genjuuro giving Chris a dvd of Equilibrium should have been part of the montage.

I hope you watched the ovas

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/zoid9000/status/888421609219829762
https://twitter.com/zoid9000/status/888421779256918016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also update on the website with some keywords, but the only interesting thing is Tiki's hobby is reading shoujo manga. So presumably she makes Germain buy shoujo manga for her.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also apparently Adam and the Alchemists have telepathy and apparently that manifests itself as physical objects. So that phone in Ep 3 that looked like it appeared out of nowhere actually did appear out of nowhere. Neat (if weird) touch.

...Or maybe just an after the fact justification for a continuity error. The world may never know!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

We've lived to see really, really blatant subtext just become text.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it was never subtext if the seiyus have been shouting it for years

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

it was never subtext if the seiyus have been shouting it for years

Including literally in the show in the form of songs that explicitly, canonically reflect their innermost feelings.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If they don't make out on screen multiple times it's still subtext

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sakurazuka posted:

If they don't make out on screen multiple times it's still subtext

if they don't say "i am your wife and we are in a relationship" it's still subtext, because for all we know, that could be friendly frenching
gal pal gullet gulping

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

graybook posted:

if they don't say "i am your wife and we are in a relationship" it's still subtext, because for all we know, that could be friendly frenching
gal pal gullet gulping

it's a russian taunt

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
*tuant

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

season 5 will take the next step and give Hibimiku a child.

Chris and Tsubasa will argue over whether the kid will be trained to use a gun or a sword.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

graybook posted:

gal pal gullet gulping

It's completely platonic! Just like sleeping in the same bed.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

TFRazorsaw posted:

season 5 will take the next step and give Hibimiku a child.

Chris and Tsubasa will argue over whether the kid will be trained to use a gun or a sword.

please, we can find a peaceful resolution

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Sindai posted:

I can't believe he literally says "last action hero," distinctly, in english.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Dr. Ver is the hero we need but not the one we deserve.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
(E4 shitpost spoiler just in case)

i heard adam weishaupt had an 8 pack. that adam weishaupt was shredded

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm caught up on the good poo poo in time for a new episode hooray

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
GX: Between reading the OP and now I forgot it literally says "determination to fist," wow.

"This thing's as tough to deal with as you, Yukine." "Then just try to keep riding it, senpai." wow

"Adjusting K2 to Earth's third-highest mountain." These are the lines that make this show truly great.

Hibiki is just so gosh darn happy to live in a world where she gets to punch mountains and suplex space shuttles.

Chris is extremely jealous of all the flirting going on.

I'm glad Tsubasa finally managed to have a concert with no deaths until immediately after it ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Lessail posted:

hmmm, that would be cool

this would be pretty easy to pitch as an isekai light novel, just have someone get reincarnated in a fantasy world and channel the power of lightning magic to invent an electric guitar

am i describing brutal legend? i dont remember if i am

also it's weird that the mid boss of AXZ is Roy Mustang doing an impersonation of the Father homunclus

• Locked thread