Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Bogart posted:

Leeroy would have to be a melee glass cannon assassin, right? Would his Trait or his Ult be 'Let's do this' or the eponymous 'LEEROY!'?

I'm sure there are better ideas, but I was bored, so:

Q = Bubble Shield: Leeroy or a targeted friendly hero gains Invulnerable and increased movespeed for 2 seconds. 12 sec cooldown
W = Whelp Swarm: A cloud of whelps surrounds Leeroy and deals AOE damage to him and any enemies in the cloud. If Leeroy attacks an enemy, the cloud stays on them instead. The cloud can be passed back and forth via attacks from within the cloud (no givesies-backsies from long range), and lasts 4 seconds. Passing the cloud refreshes the cloud's duration. Cannot be reactivated if whelps are still active on a player.
E = AFK: Leeroy becomes immobile while healing himself. Reveals an area of the map around him. Toggle.
R = Catchphrase: Leeroy charges a target area within a large radius, knocking enemy heroes back, stunning them and applying Whelp Swarm if it is active. The less HP Leeroy has when he charges, the longer the duration of the stun.
D = Chicken Dinner: Enemy heroes drop a piece of chicken when defeated. Leeroy and friendly heroes can consume the chicken to immediately cooldown their normal abilities.

...this should just be a Brawl, and not a real character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Dodgeball posted:

I'm sure there are better ideas, but I was bored, so:

Q = Bubble Shield: Leeroy or a targeted friendly hero gains Invulnerable and increased movespeed for 2 seconds. 12 sec cooldown
W = Whelp Swarm: A cloud of whelps surrounds Leeroy and deals AOE damage to him and any enemies in the cloud. If Leeroy attacks an enemy, the cloud stays on them instead. The cloud can be passed back and forth via attacks from within the cloud (no givesies-backsies from long range), and lasts 4 seconds. Passing the cloud refreshes the cloud's duration. Cannot be reactivated if whelps are still active on a player.
E = AFK: Leeroy becomes immobile while healing himself. Reveals an area of the map around him. Toggle.
R = Catchphrase: Leeroy charges a target area within a large radius, knocking enemy heroes back, stunning them and applying Whelp Swarm if it is active. The less HP Leeroy has when he charges, the longer the duration of the stun.
D = Chicken Dinner: Enemy heroes drop a piece of chicken when defeated. Leeroy and friendly heroes can consume the chicken to immediately cooldown their normal abilities.

...this should just be a Brawl, and not a real character.

He needs a charge like Butcher, but ground targeted and deals damage to anyone he runs through.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Holy fuckin poo poo I am terrible with Alarak.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

BrianBoitano posted:

psst

don't tell anyone

You can let an AI game go on forever on Hanamura, and the AFK detector won't kick you if you have Universal Carrier constantly doing something for your team.

Lurking Arm is also doing stuff, but at some point I got stunned out of it and didn't get kicked before my next check-in, so I think it's Universal Carrier doing it.

The enemy AI wants to go for the top payload first, so they haven't made any map progress since I left it.

Of course this strategy requires you to RNG into Hanamura, but I was AFK farming AI games anyway while I read poo poo for work. On other maps, every two minutes, make sure you damage an enemy so you don't get kicked.

e: btw there's a limit on the amount of AI exp you can get per day, so you can't leave this on and go on vacation, but still.

How doesn't your AI team finish the game for you?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Yukari posted:

How doesn't your AI team finish the game for you?

Ping all the members of the enemy team to you so they won't run off and push your own payload (and which also incidentally keeps them close enough to you for universal carrier to keep spreading your germs to), then use them to stand on the enemy's top payload that the enemy exclusively runs to and tries to push.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's the Dark Portal and it's demonic eyes. Varian was added to the game immediately after he died. Kil'jaeden has extremely recently died in the WoW plot. It is blatantly Kil'jaeden.

It's actually just the Dark Portal. Some of the old art, which that other image seems based on, had a set of demonic eyes in it for some reason.

The tweet from Blizzard just shows the WoW Dark Portal.
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/887688501273124866

Edit: Maybe it's finally the Draenei hero we've been wanting, though I would have preferred the Draenor portal for the possibility of Yrel.

Onean fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 20, 2017

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Tons of cool bosses even from 5mans they could bring in. I'm hoping for Naga or Ethereals.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I'd love to play as the dark portal. It sounds like Abathur, but without the part where you have to relocate.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

What position are people even finding themselves in where Stealth heroes are just running at them out in the open and they just can't react? On the rare occasion I play one, I still use bushes and terrain to flank until the last possible moment because you're not really invisible.

"HMM I have no idea where Zeratul is, but I'm gonna go stand next to the enemy gate and melee the tower WTF I GOT GANKED THANKS rear end in a top hat TEAM FOR NOTHING loving BLIZZARD NERF STEALTH"

Or alternatively

"Hmm I have no idea where half the team is but I'm gonna chase this low HP hero into the jungle WTF I'M DEAD EAT poo poo ENJOY YOUR LOSS rear end in a top hat TEAM loving NERF STEALTH BLIZZARD!"

One of the best pieces of advice I ever picked up from one of these threads when I was starting was that if you can't see the enemy, assume they're about to gank your rear end and play accordingly. It made me pay a lot more attention to my positioning and try to be safe instead of doing stupid poo poo.

E:

Mierenneuker posted:

Edit: There originally was a more zoomed out version, but here is the close-up. It was just still images.

I can see a Pit Lord's face in the clouds looking to the left a bit. A large mouth, a protruding chin / lower lip and a horn in the forehead. So my guess would be something like Mannoroth or Brutallus.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jul 20, 2017

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

stuxracer posted:

Tons of cool bosses even from 5mans they could bring in. I'm hoping for Naga or Ethereals.

Oh, an Ethereal would be cool.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Probably in the minority that has no problem seeing the stealther myself, frustration is more about having to watch them dance around in (to me) plain view while my teammates are oblivious. :downs:

They should ad an "enemy here" ping (which would just get ignored anyway but still).

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jul 20, 2017

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I had a good moment pinging furiously on a stealthed Nova approaching a teamfight I was running to to no avail, then tagging her with Owl just as she got close.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I love playing Zagara and making GBS threads out banelings on everything and let me tell you stealthies will force you to learn about map awareness and overextending real quickly.

(And then you blow them up with banelings)

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Zagara's the ultimate solo queue hero if you don't want to play overpowered garbage. Lane bully, very mobile, huge sustain, safe DPS, fun to play, she has it all.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
A second teaser pic is out and it's the Gates of Ogrimmer.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

McTimmy posted:

A second teaser pic is out and it's the Gates of Ogrimmer.

Omg are we actually getting Garrosh?? :swoon:

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
You know what game also has Portals and Gates? Overwatch. Junkrat confirmed.

Pi In The Sky
Dec 31, 2015
Plot twist: Saurfang

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
I hope we do get Garrosh, just so all you people who apparently don't know who he is but think the name is cool can learn what a garbage character he is

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Gustav posted:

I hope we do get Garrosh, just so all you people who apparently don't know who he is but think the name is cool can learn what a garbage character he is

:wrong:

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
I hope it's someone completely different so everyone is mad!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Eraflure posted:

Zagara's the ultimate solo queue hero if you don't want to play overpowered garbage. Lane bully, very mobile, huge sustain, safe DPS, fun to play, she has it all.

Also you can do things like catch that charging Butcher in a maw and then time a drop + baneling barrage to hit right when it ends and it is :discourse:

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

You're right, I don't really hope that

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
D.Va taught you nothing.

Illidan comes out of the dark portal, and the new hero shows up to stop him.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Oh boy another identical characterless orc.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Donnerberg posted:

D.Va taught you nothing.

Illidan comes out of the dark portal, and the new hero shows up to stop him.

Gamon once defended Orgrimmar with his life, and will do so again.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

a witch posted:

Oh boy another identical characterless orc.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The current orcs are:

Gul'dan
Rexxar (half orc)
Samuro
Thrall
Rehgar

They're all really cool and different in visual style except for thrall, who's bland and sucks.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

What if orc... but red???

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

no

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

a witch posted:

Those are CHAOS orcs who do CHAOS damage

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

She has two good ults, pick the one which you feel is appropriate to the team comp, map, etc.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

You dweebs, it's gonna be High Overlord Saurfang

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

a witch posted:

red wunz go fasta want to kill everybody

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

GenericOverusedName posted:

She has two good ults, pick the one which you feel is appropriate to the team comp, map, etc.

Maw doesn't let me jump on a fleeing squishy from miles away Alien style, therefore it's bad, not good and awful.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gustav posted:

But how can I be edgy if I don't pretend to like the war criminal who put the Jewish charicature race into a ghetto? :saddowns:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Kyrosiris posted:

But how can I be edgy if I don't pretend to like the war criminal who put the Jewish charicature race into a ghetto? :saddowns:

Dwarves are the Jewish caricature, Trolls are a caricature of Caribbean Islanders, get your racism straight. <:mad:>

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

1stGear posted:

Dwarves are the Jewish caricature, Trolls are a caricature of Caribbean Islanders, get your racism straight. <:mad:>

He's talking about goblins dude

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Actually you'll find that everything is racist, including this post and especially you, the person reading this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

peer posted:

He's talking about goblins dude

I mean, granted, he put both of them into the same mud-filled ghetto, so it's understandable to forget. :v: