Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

Do Westerners not eat whole grilled fish.

Grilled sardines are usually eaten with your hands here in Spain but I still prefer to use cutlery because it gets really messy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah, in the west something that big would be cut into bite size chunks with utensils, or you'd pick it up with your fingers. Picking up a piece of food that big with a utensil would be considered weird and possibly rude or uncouth.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You people eat massive slices of pizza without forks, I've seen your Costcos.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
In Taiwan at rechao you get all kinds of grilled fish. You just like eat them because they're just fish. They go really well with small glasses of Taiwan beer.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
What about the bones though?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
If you pull the meat straight away from the bone it should come off without any bones, if it's anything like bigger fish.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Oh yeah. The manga calls Zoro "Zolo" instead. Zoro's a better name. :colbert:

that is a mistake that I could never wrap my head around

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah, this was me. I saw it on 4kids and liked it but could tell something was wrong so I started reading it in Shonen Jump and then eventually watching it (RIP Kaizoku-Fansubs). I took a break from reading it before Fishman Island but caught back up right after Dressrosa ended.

they're responsible for nakama so i'm glad they're dead

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shouldn't we have had a new One Piece thread by now.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

GodFish posted:

What about the bones though?

Little fish generally have small enough or soft enough bones that you can just eat the whole thing. The bigger ones you can just pull the meat off with your teeth like some kind of fish Popsicle. Sometimes they have like eggs inside or something which is also pretty tasty. Certain times of the year you can also order these crabs that are full of crab roe and it's basically like the crab went to the trouble of fixing you an omelette inside of itself before you cooked it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pacific saury can be eaten whole, bones and all.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

Shouldn't we have had a new One Piece thread by now.

Not until we somehow manage to top "major luffy says, 'im sending in more luffys". :colbert:

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Hate-Senpai posted:

Pacific saury can be eaten whole, bones and all.

Aw yeah those little dudes are tasty. Those are the ones they usually serve at rechao, all breaded up and fried.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Spanish Matlock posted:

Aw yeah those little dudes are tasty. Those are the ones they usually serve at rechao, all breaded up and fried.

We serve them in stews with kimchi.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Fish chat aside, there is going to be a chapter this week right?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Spoilers are already up, so yes.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Last Celebration posted:

Not until we somehow manage to top "major luffy says, 'im sending in more luffys". :colbert:

One Piece Manga Thread: Big Momma' s Castle

One Piece Manga Thread: ThIs is BIG NEWS!

One Piece Manga Thread: Ant-Hill Mob takes on Big Momma' s House in Candy Crush

One Piece Manga Thread: Cannibal Children, Trash Gangsters & Jellybean Bullets

One Piece Manga Thread: Good Carrot, Ambiguous Pudding & Evil Smoothie

One Piece Manga Thread: Earl Egg evolved in to Count Chicken

One Piece Manga Thread: Wedding Cancelled Due to Exploding Cake Castle

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

If you ever see someone eating pizza with a fork slap them.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hate-Senpai posted:

Sir, there's no reason to be crude and suggest that one go against the laws of man and god by using utensils to eat pizza.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

You can use a knife and fork to cut and eat the pizza if you're in, say, a nice restaurant, it just need to keep your hands clean. But picking up the pizza slice whole with a fork is absolutely verboten.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

You can use a knife and fork to cut and eat the pizza

NO.

The only time it is ever acceptable to eat pizza with a knife and fork is if you're eating a Chicago style tomato sauce pie. Even then everyone is quietly judging you.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

The only acceptable way to eat pizza is ordering a Hawaiian pizza and eating it with a knife and fork. All other pizza methods are illegal. I have the pizza rule book right here... so I suggest every last one of you do the right thing and turn yourself in to the authorities. Thanks..

Also where is the chapter... :ohdear:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I have trouble picturing a scenario where I'm in a restaurant nice enough that I feel compelled to use utensils to eat a pizza, both because I can't imagine a fancy restaurant with something as simple as pizza on the menu (though I'm sure it happens) and because I can't fathom being in such a restaurant and ordering pizza in the first place. I'm sure their pizza is lovely, but I'm also sure they do other things that are nicer and taste more worth the money.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Gyges posted:

acceptable to eat pizza with a knife and fork

:whitewater:

Gyges posted:

eating a Chicago style tomato sauce pie

:whitewater::whitewater:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Death to Hawaiian pizza.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm happy to kill any you don't want.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Angry Lobster posted:

Death to Hawaiian pizza.

this is blasphemy. pineapple goes with all ingredients of the pizza.
pineapple and mozzarella? friends.
pineapple and bread of any kind sweet or savory. friends.
pineapple and pork. you better loving believe friends.

tomato sauce with light seasoning + pineapple = ok. some of the seasonings in a heavier sauce dont like pineapple much...but the sauce shouldnt be overpowering everything else or thats a poo poo pizza.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

key party favors posted:

The only acceptable way to eat pizza is ordering a Hawaiian pizza and eating it with a knife and fork. All other pizza methods are illegal. I have the pizza rule book right here... so I suggest every last one of you do the right thing and turn yourself in to the authorities. Thanks..

Also where is the chapter... :ohdear:

Out in Korean is where.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Deep dish Chicago pizza is amazing.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Pineapple is fine so long as it's thin slices of juicy fruit goodness.

But some pizza places give you giant chunks of frozen pineapple cubes that just overpower the other flavours like it's a loving hostile takeover.

It's like putting whole mushrooms on pizza, there's no point when it just chokes out the rest of the ingredients.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Radish posted:

Deep dish Chicago pizza is amazing.

yeah it's amazing that a bunch of godless psychopaths betrayed mankind

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

go to new haven and get actual genuine pizza

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

oddium posted:

go to new haven and get actual genuine pizza

It's kind of interesting how if you go from West to East in the U.S.. Pizza gets worse. Like Hawaii has the best pizza, then California is probably second... because they have vegetables and vegan pizzas and stuff, then you get to the midwest deep dish pizzas, which are kinda ok, but by the time you get to the east coast the pizza is just terrible. My theory is because the east coast is the closest to Great Britain, so has the worst tasting food by proxy.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

New Haven pizza... :negative:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

key party favors posted:

It's kind of interesting how if you go from West to East in the U.S.. Pizza gets worse. Like Hawaii has the best pizza, then California is probably second... because they have vegetables and vegan pizzas and stuff, then you get to the midwest deep dish pizzas, which are kinda ok, but by the time you get to the east coast the pizza is just terrible. My theory is because the east coast is the closest to Great Britain, so has the worst tasting food by proxy.

hmm, checks out

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I was going to get shirty, but then I remembered that the best British food is just our own variations on everyone else's food, and outside of Sunday roasts and fish and chips our food is loving terrible.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Britain has some great desserts and confectionery if nothing else. Besides, America is responsible for a whole heap of bad food of its own, especially produced food of various kinds.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I think we can put this all behind us... finally.. chapter is out: https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/873/

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The break announcement is hitting super hard this time. What a cliffhanger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

tsob posted:

Britain has some great desserts and confectionery if nothing else.

You aren't wrong there, we do some good baking.

Also, I am changing my prediction to everyone being right. Luffy is having a proper fight with Big Mom right here and now, because they literally cannot escape, but it'll be to a standstill rather than victory for either one. It'll end with her being placated with cake to end her rage so they can escape, but she'll be hauling rear end after them to Wano after a short delay for an encore to make that arc really, properly crazy.