Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

bulletsponge13 posted:

This brain tumor could explain the weird questions and confusion as of recent, particularly at the Comes hearing.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Here's a very rational Florida man with a very rational reaction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSj_Osef2Gk

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Becoming a doctor gets really expensive because 4000sqft homes, Mercedes leases and loving nurses while married ain't cheap.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gobbeldygook posted:

Yes, in many prisons it is forbidden to jerk off.

Wondet what that chick does when they take a poo poo

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Some basic human rights to jerk off. What the gently caress.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cugel the Clever posted:

Ugh, didn't realize that the NRA has continued the series it began with Dana Loesch wherein it incites gun owners to violence against protesters and demands subservience to the glorious Donald Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSrM8kq12-g

I own two Rugers, but sure as gently caress am not giving them another dime if they don't outright condemn this fascist poo poo and withdraw their sponsorship. As pigs flying has a higher probability, anyone know a gun company that isn't deep in bed with these jackbooted thugs?

I'll be in the market for a rifle this year or next, and I'm looking mostly at Savages. Small company from west Massachusetts that doesn't poke its nose into controversy and apparently make good guns for the money.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
If someone can do the site coding I will buy isjohnmccainconcerned.com, we can probably group effort the research

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cugel the Clever posted:

Ugh, didn't realize that the NRA has continued the series it began with Dana Loesch wherein it incites gun owners to violence against protesters and demands subservience to the glorious Donald Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSrM8kq12-g

I own two Rugers, but sure as gently caress am not giving them another dime if they don't outright condemn this fascist poo poo and withdraw their sponsorship. As pigs flying has a higher probability, anyone know a gun company that isn't deep in bed with these jackbooted thugs?

I don't know about you guys but I really feel like burning an American flag now.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ruger got a reputation as being dangerously liberal some years back after the owner mispronounced one of the sibboleths and they've been doubling down trying to get their street cred back ever since

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

All of my guns were made by Germans or for killing Nazi's. Presumably, many of whom were German.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

psydude posted:

All of my guns were made by Germans or for killing Nazi's. Presumably, many of whom were German.

All guns were made for killing Nazis, even those made before actual Nazis.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Get your guns the anarchist's way, by making them yourself.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LingcodKilla posted:

All guns were made for killing Nazis, even those made before actual Nazis.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

psydude posted:

Same.

Well those and my Mossberg.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't know about you guys but I really feel like burning an American flag now.

That and a lot of good Whataboutism in that video.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

TBeats posted:

I wonder if this era is like a sociologists's Christmas or if it's their nightmare.

Both. It's terrifying and fascinating at the same time.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/business/status/888043951118323713

Can't wait for Saturday Night Massacre to happen soon.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Grab your popcorn everyone, they're following the money (just beaten, but whatever, this is gigantic)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-20/mueller-is-said-to-expand-probe-to-trump-business-transactions

quote:

The U.S. special counsel investigating possible ties between the Donald Trump campaign and Russia in last year’s election is examining a broad range of transactions involving Trump’s businesses as well as those of his associates, according to a person familiar with the probe.

The president told the New York Times on Wednesday that any digging into matters beyond Russia would be out of bounds. Trump’s businesses have involved Russians for years, making the boundaries fuzzy so Special Counsel Robert Mueller appears to be taking a wide-angle approach to his two-month-old probe.

FBI investigators and others are looking at Russian purchases of apartments in Trump buildings, Trump’s involvement in a controversial SoHo development with Russian associates, the 2013 Miss Universe pageant in Moscow and Trump’s sale of a Florida mansion to a Russian oligarch in 2008, the person said.

President Donald Trump, Commerce Secretary nominee Wilbur Ross and senior advisor Jared Kushner attend a meeting at the White House on Feb. 2, 2017.

Agents are also interested in dealings with the Bank of Cyprus, where Wilbur Ross served as vice chairman before he became commerce secretary, as well as the efforts of Jared Kushner, the President’s son-in-law and White House aide, to secure financing for some of his family’s real estate properties. The information was provided by someone familiar with the developing inquiry but not authorized to speak publicly.

The roots of Mueller’s follow-the-money investigation lie in a wide-ranging money laundering probe launched by then-Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara last year, according to the person.

FBI agents had already been gathering information about Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, according to two people with knowledge of that probe. Prosecutors hadn’t yet begun presenting evidence to a grand jury. Trump fired Bharara in March.

Preet's revenge.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

maffew buildings posted:

If someone can do the site coding I will buy isjohnmccainconcerned.com, we can probably group effort the research

code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title>Is John McCain Concerned?</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    Yes
  </body>
</html>

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

Probably more like JohnMcCainWasConcerned.com at this point. I was looking at collaborative database stuff last night for how we could crowdsource incidents of concern.

John McCain posted:

The accumulated filth of all the piss and Trump Steaks will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "I'm concerned"

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Did anybody else think that Trump's NYT "Investigating my businesses is a red line" was basically the "don't look in my trunk officer" excuse?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Probably more like JohnMcCainWasConcerned.com at this point. I was looking at collaborative database stuff last night for how we could crowdsource incidents of concern.

Google sheets is pretty good. Unless you wanna do something that auto propagates a website. In which case you're beyond me.

Tryzzub posted:

code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title>Is John McCain Concerned?</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <p id="code"></p> 
  </body>
<script>
if(1==1){
document.getElementById("code").innerHTML = "Yes";}
else
{ document.getElementById("code").innerHTML = "No!?"; }
</script>
</html>

Got to have fancy JS in there.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 20, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Vasudus posted:

Did anybody else think that Trump's NYT "Investigating my businesses is a red line" was basically the "don't look in my trunk officer" excuse?

Yeah, except the trunk is half-open, there's a bloody arm sticking out, the whole car smells like weed, and there's a white powder everywhere.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vasudus posted:

Yes. And like a master troll, one of the first headlines of the day was Mueller extending his investigation to Trump's businesses.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vasudus posted:

I believe he doesn't give too much of a poo poo about any Russia stuff they may find in his financials, and hooooo boy do I expect them to find a lot. I think he's going to go absolutely rip-poo poo bonkers, and I mean seriously, seriously unhinged in a raging fury, because he'll perceive them as attacking his ego via his wealth. One word about him not being the bigliest billionaire wonder tycoon ubermensch rock star master class businessman and my money is on the history books looking at the Saturday Night Massacre as a quaint warm up.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

bird food bathtub posted:

I believe he doesn't give too much of a poo poo about any Russia stuff they may find in his financials, and hooooo boy do I expect them to find a lot. I think he's going to go absolutely rip-poo poo bonkers, and I mean seriously, seriously unhinged in a raging fury, because he'll perceive them as attacking his ego via his wealth. One word about him not being the bigliest billionaire wonder tycoon ubermensch rock star master class businessman and my money is on the history books looking at the Saturday Night Massacre as a quaint warm up.

I don't want to connect dots that aren't there, and this may be nothing but coincidence, but the specific bank that will be passing info to Mueller was busted for a Russian money laundering scheme. One of the people Trump Jr. met with was investigated for money laundering for the Russians.

All just coincidence, I'm sure!!

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Everyone is screaming at Trump to not punch himself in the dick, and maybe stop touching it on a national stage all together.

Trump doesn't listen to everyone. Trump listens to John Barron.
John Barron sees the fork on the side board and says "Don, you should punch yourself in the dick while holding that fork"
Donald agrees, he invites three reporters from his favorite playmate newspaper to record the whole thing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Lmaooooooo

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/888069258042904577

There's no part of this administration that doesn't have some stupid tie to Russia. I don't even know if this is a new revelation but it's new to me.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Even funnier than that Trump interview:

Remember how the #1 Darknet market got shut down a while back?

The Dutch police took over and disabled encryption on the #2 darknet market weeks before that and got the FBI to hold off moving against AlphaBay until they were ready to track all the refugees flooding in. They have complete records on something like 36,000 transactions over the last month that they're sharing with local LE agencies around the world and the agonized screams of panic coming out of reddit are GLORIOUS.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Remember the Chinpokomon episode of South Park where the Japanese kept manipulating Americans by telling them they had a huge penis. That's our reality now.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

OJ Simpson's parole hearing is today.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

my wife and I high fived over mccain's cancer last night

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

shame on an IGA posted:

Even funnier than that Trump interview:

Remember how the #1 Darknet market got shut down a while back?

The Dutch police took over and disabled encryption on the #2 darknet market weeks before that and got the FBI to hold off moving against AlphaBay until they were ready to track all the refugees flooding in. They have complete records on something like 36,000 transactions over the last month that they're sharing with local LE agencies around the world and the agonized screams of panic coming out of reddit are GLORIOUS.

Holy poo poo piss

This is comedy gold

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Link?

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I'm looking mostly at Savages. Small company from west Massachusetts that doesn't poke its nose into controversy
Their logo is an Indian head with the words SAVAGE ARMS next to it. Yes, this is an accident of history and not a racist slur, but still...

shame on an IGA posted:

Ruger got a reputation as being dangerously liberal some years back after the owner mispronounced one of the sibboleths and they've been doubling down trying to get their street cred back ever since
Ruger got a bad rap because Bill Ruger was fully on board with various assault weapons bans, quipping that "no honest man needs more than ten rounds." He apparently thought that gun owners should only be allowed to buy guns of wood and blued steel, like grandpappy used to have, and coincidentally the sort of guns that were his company's bread & butter at the time.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

YOSPOS bitcoin thread has the best coverage

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741325&pagenumber=914&perpage=40#post474547523

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

MA-Horus posted:

Holy poo poo piss

This is comedy gold

I just caught up on it all. The last page or two in the yospos bitcoin thread has a ton of links and screengrabs from places like reddit druggies coming to the realization they've been funding their own criminal investigation.

So the alphabay dude got found because he used his personal email with everything. In particular, paypal payments to a pickup artist webforum is how the identified him. From there they tracked him and then when they found him in thailand, nabbed him. But before they arrested him, they made the alphabay server crash. When they cuffed him his laptop was on and unencrypted in his bedroom. He had just logged into the alphabay forums as admin and was logged into the website control panel as admin so the FBI/thai police had full access to everything.

All the while Dutch police already had seized the 2nd biggest and was just logging down everyone who migrated over in the past month before locking it down too.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

Holy poo poo piss

This is comedy gold

Link to write up:
http://fortune.com/2017/07/20/alphabay-fbi-europol-cybersecurity/

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/887826597700673536

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Sunset posted:

Does anyone but me see this as a possible example of the universe engaging in some kind of karmic return for McCain's behavior toward this person? I wouldn't wish harm or suffering on anyone. Telling someone there's not much they can do while every day being a part of the system that has/had these bad plans in place in the first place ...saying there's nothing you can do when you have the ability to protest over the current system you're a part of... I just.. I mean..right?
On a scale of one to fourteen, how old are you? Despite their prominence in the news cycle, for the most part Federal politicians can't reach down and fiddle with how state governments do business on a day to day basis. And saying the universe is punishing him for "being a part of the system"? I sure hope you don't pay taxes, because those get used to fund foreign drone strikes, you murderer 😱

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdq8BdlnM1Y

• Locked thread