Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

Do you really trust the judgment of Democrats?

good point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

personally i think if a slave owner (oops sorry, slave renter) wins an election, that doesn't make them objectively better than someone who didn't own slaves, but that's just me

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

That article brings to mind MLMs more than normal second jobs. It even refers to using your social media to try and sell poo poo to all your friends and family.

Yeah, when I think of a side hussle I think of somebody doing website design in the evenings, having an etsy shop where they sell stuff they build, or other poo poo like that. Not uber or MLMs.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

have you seen the marketing for MLMs? they prey on people who are trying to have a "small business" side gig

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

personally i think if a slave owner (oops sorry, slave renter) wins an election, that doesn't make them objectively better than someone who didn't own slaves, but that's just me

excuse me but bernie is way more racist than clinton, because even if she DID use slave labor, he didn't win any primaries in the south

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

ok but what does it look like without the They Live glasses

:roflolmao:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

wow thats quite on the nose :yum:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

have you seen the marketing for MLMs? they prey on people who are trying to have a "small business" side gig

It's been really sad watching my cousin get involved with this poo poo while her poor husband is constantly trying to politely persuade her it's a bad idea. It seems like many women get involved in MLMs in situations similar to her; they have a child, go on maternity leave, and the idea of having a job they can continue to work from home while being with their kids is appealing.

There's also definitely some appeal to being an "entrepeneur" (though lol at calling someone doing an MLM that), though I think that this sort of thing is mostly the result of our garbage economy where people can't rely on making enough money with "normal" jobs to meet their needs.

In her case, the MLM involves a thing you wrap around your stomach that is supposed to destroy fat, lol. At least some MLMs have an actual product, even if it's overpriced, but this is something pseudo-scientific thing that doesn't even work.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/LukewSavage/status/888071170888781825

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

despite the overall high approval rating among democrats who tend to have higher minority representation, the majority of his backers on social media are white men bing bing bong bong

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

wow i can't believe black voters, who are almost entirely democrats, like bernie sanders. almost like democrats like other democrats

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

wow i can't believe black voters, who are almost entirely democrats, like bernie sanders. almost like democrats like other democrats

but bernie isn't a democrat?!?!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

LGD posted:

:aaaaa:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
lethal takedown

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

with the notable exception, of course, of Grand Dragon Bernie Sanders, whom they've never forgiven for the heinous crime of not winning any primaries in the south

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

with the notable exception, of course, of Grand Dragon Bernie Sanders, whom they've never forgiven for the heinous crime of not winning any primaries in the south

If Bernie were an actual dragon, he would have won.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

LGD posted:

:master:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Bernie's a democrat.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bernie is a registered independent because the Democrats are piss

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Taintrunner posted:

Bernie is a registered independent because the Democrats are piss

he's running as a democrat in 2018, or so he said in the past

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
he'll need the full institutional support of the democratic party to defeat al giordano

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

he also ran as a democrat in 2016 so at this point calling him an independent is solely for :smug:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

he's running as a democrat in 2018, or so he said in the past
Before the terrible ending sequence of the Primaries.

I haven't heard him say anything in regards to it since, other than he's identifying as an independent now as that was what the people in his area elected him as.

If he registers as a D for 2018 we know for sure he's going for a 2020 run.
If he stays registered as an I for 2018 then we're just unsure if he's going to run, but it's a probability.

I would not be surprised at either result

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/888091177014243329

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHV8rZX4k8A&t=56s

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

"better skills"

you rubes need better skills, that's why your poor

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
better skills, better jobs, papa john's

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

papa johns

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

quote:

Better Skills

BAH GAWD IT'S HILLARY CLINTON AND SHE'S GOING TO RETRAIN PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN PUSHED OUT OF THE JOB MARKET!!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
lol that's such a lovely slogan

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Ah we're back to retraining 50-year old unemployed coal miners to write apps in Silicon Valley, this strategy will go over well!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MaxxBot posted:

Ah we're back to retraining 50-year old unemployed coal miners to write apps in Silicon Valley, this strategy will go over well!

Can you imagine how popular an app that tells you all the local opioid hot spots would be?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/888093654472151040

lol at impending dem losses

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
In this humble reporter's opinion, the lanyards really stepped in it this time

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

this has to be in the top 10 worst political slogans of all time

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Better jobs and wages is good and cool

But those aren't even getting top billing there

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/888095576616837120

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

dems decided they needed to steal herman cain's genius slogan

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the slogan sucks balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
otoh people like lovely pizza, so maybe dccc is doing the right thing associating democrats with it

• Locked thread