Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Lol leftists trying to cheer for a republican marine is may favorite thing about 2017

If you think I'm not gonna cheer for a puffy-cheeked Jack McCoy, you don't know how many hours I spent watching Law and Order marathons on TNT in college.

Even Ed Balls is rooting for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

holy

moley

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Sup thread I have an interview next week to do my same job at a different company in the area for more money. Except I hate my job and I don't know if that's because I hate what I do or if I hate where I work. But maybe a raise and not having to drive to work anymore will fix that?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Not a Children posted:

If Trump gets impeached/ousted, he becomes a martyr for all the crazies

If he leaves, the left gets lazy

This poo poo needs to be drug out as long and humiliatingly as possible so people don't forget the mistakes we can make in a democracy

You think MAGA chuds will care, or remember longer than a couple of days?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

alnilam posted:

i think watergate took like two years of active investigation before nixon resigned, so chill

Ya guys just chill 😎

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

ArmZ posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahhaha *deep breath* ahahahahahahahahahahhaha the timing with nyt interview ahahahahahahahahahahhaha timing is everything lmfao we actually live in a sketch comedy show now welcome to 2017

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/888039698597335040

Thread, still have trouble believing Trump can play 5-d chess, but who knows

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Epic High Five posted:

I hope Mueller uses RICO to take down 80% of the Republican party to save the country, and then that terrible law is repealed

Aftermath: The 20% that are left are Tea Party ideologists who are helped back into power by the democrats who still can't do poo poo and there's no RICO for the unstoppable, genocidal tea party juggernaut.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ArmZ posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahhaha *deep breath* ahahahahahahahahahahhaha the timing with nyt interview ahahahahahahahahahahhaha timing is everything lmfao we actually live in a sketch comedy show now welcome to 2017

the punchline is gonna be that Mueller is gonna finish his investigation and have a press conference where he brings in this giant stuffed manila folder and he's like "yeah I found all this stuff, but" *shrug* "i dunno, I couldn't get anything to matter"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zen death robot posted:

So does AZ have a special election for when McCain retires or does the governor get to appoint someone

appointment, most be from the party of the retiree

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Ya guys just chill 😎

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Squizzle posted:

appointment, most be from the party of the retiree
excuse me sir we're active adults not retirees

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Iron Crowned posted:

You think MAGA chuds will care, or remember longer than a couple of days?

to be fair poo poo that happened last week feels like it happened last year.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Bugs me she hasn't posted since posting this tweet. Give us the piss tape AND the McCain letter, now.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

loquacius posted:

the punchline is gonna be that Mueller is gonna finish his investigation and have a press conference where he brings in this giant stuffed manila folder and he's like "yeah I found all this stuff, but" *shrug* "i dunno, I couldn't get anything to matter"

well yeah but it's gonna be hilarious all the way that's all that matters now lmao

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
TRUMP: Yes, I did star in SWAP2.avi, it was the most glorious fetish video ever made

MAGA Chuds: Yes, we love to swap piss and vomit :shrek:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

pathetic little tramp posted:

Democrats are holding a loving press conference about how to improve ACA.

They're talking right now about Jimmy Kimmel and making jokes about Trump.

Fuuuuuuuuck poo poo.

Just. write. a. bill. A Medicare For All bill. It's super loving popular.

Get it scored by the CBO. Point out everyone's premiums go to 0, everyone gets covered.

Boom. No more lovely pressers, just get out there and sell the simple.

the revelation that most dems won't even tacitly support a single payer solution as lip service to get votes (and then not follow through on) is pretty grim.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
hmm cool i was getting worried there for a sec

few days without pointless update 380 from muieler and team, man i was starting sweat

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
democratic party bad

the onion wizard
Apr 14, 2004

rear end cobra posted:

what trumps therapist looks like, probably

trump therapist star beard!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Hell yeah, someone brought me a container for my posts

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

the revelation that most dems won't even tacitly support a single payer solution as lip service to get votes (and then not follow through on) is pretty grim.

they would have to raise payroll taxes though and people are too stupid to figure out their premiums go down more than the taxes go u0

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

hey hey guys remember all that mattering that mattered

no? huh. odd! :smugbert:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

the onion wizard posted:

trump therapist star beard!

What would Trump need a therapist for? His doctor basically says he's not needed

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

When last we left it, we learned that Hestor Pierce, Trump's nominee to lead the SEC edited a book of articles that includes enlightening ideas like there should be no government protected federal deposit scheme (it's better left to private alternatives)* and Bitcoin is overly regulated.

Shageletic, you might say, isn't this unfair? After all, she's only an editor. Surely she shouldn't be seen as fully endorsing those ideas! I mean the book is promenintly displaed in her bio but whatever, let's see what she actually wrote in the book. She wrote an article basically asking for a key plank of Dodd Frank, a central clearinghouse so everyone can see the true prices of specialized securities, to be deleted (https://www.mercatus.org/system/files/peirce_reframing_ch8.pdf). But other than eventually causing everything to end in hell fire, that might seem too insider baseball. Well thank god, she spells it out a little more clearly later in the article

quote:

Even if regulators have timely and comprehensive access to information about
the OTC derivatives markets, policymakers should not assume that regulators
will identify and preemptively solve emerging problems
in thosemarkets.
As with other areas, markets are more agile at gathering, analyzing, and reacting
to information than regulators are, particularly if market participants bear
the consequences of their own decisions. The recognition of regulators’ limits
underlies a regulatory framework that leaves risk management decisions and
consequences with market participants.

We're all gonna die.

*Probs the most horrifying thing about looking into Pierce was the apparent widespread popularity amongst geeksters on the right for this plan that stopped the Great Depression from happening again and will, again, kill us all.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

lorn Wayne posted:

hey hey guys remember all that mattering that mattered

no? huh. odd! :smugbert:

There is no mattering yo, embrace the void

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ArmZ posted:

well yeah but it's gonna be hilarious all the way that's all that matters now lmao

oh yeah absolutely

as Mueller walks awkwardly off stage at this press conference the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme will play on the loudspeaker

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
We are betting everything we have into two things-

1) that a republican marine Vietnam vet will attack his own party

2) that the democrats will turn left

Hmm yea seems foolproof

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Oh hell yeah, Jessions ain't quittin his job. Wonder if he's feeling any buyer's remorse right about now

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

i think Donald believes that jeff sessions has recused himself from all the responsibilities of attorney general, rather than just the investigation thing.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

loquacius posted:

oh yeah absolutely

as Mueller walks awkwardly off stage at this press conference the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme will play on the loudspeaker

i think you meant to say gets vaudeville hooked off stage

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

We are betting everything we have into two things-

1) that a republican marine Vietnam vet will attack his own party

2) that the democrats will turn left

Hmm yea seems foolproof

democrats turn left noo

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

reumpp

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

pisstapeisreal.gif

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

rear end cobra posted:

what trumps therapist looks like, probably

Dude's wearing an octopus on his face. :hellyeah:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

pisstapeisreal.gif

*tapes

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
You guys, I just read an article that Sessions is on his way out

You guys, I just read an article that Kushner is on his way out

You guys, I just read an article that Bannon is on his way out

You guys, I just read an article that Spicer is on his way out

You guys, I just read an article that Goku is on his way out

You guys, I just read an article that Ed Balls is on his way out

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

slouch posted:

i think Donald believes that jeff sessions has recused himself from all the responsibilities of attorney general, rather than just the investigation thing.

ya i fucken wish

lorn Wayne posted:

i think you meant to say gets vaudeville hooked off stage

he will make a :wth: face at the camera and then fly into the air and fall offscreen in front of everything, like when you die in mario

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

then it would be 'are' SIR

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007

source your piss tape subtitles

• Locked thread