Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Condiv posted:

no, he does

Even if he deserves to suffer, brain damage is the stupidest means of inflicting that suffering. It destroys the sense of self, so the John McCain that did all the horrible things that deserve torture and punishment will be gone long before the body of John McCain dies. The one taking most of the suffering will be some random cobbled together personality of flawed memories and total fantasy his broken mind will patch together. It's effectively the same as going up to some blameless homeless person, putting a "John McCain" tag on them, and lighting them on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

JailTrump posted:

Didn't he just release a statement saying it was a bad idea to not have a bipartisan bill?

yeah, after ahca had already failed. gg on that one, people have been begging him for months to not support this bill

Mulva posted:

Even if he deserves to suffer, brain damage is the stupidest means of inflicting that suffering. It destroys the sense of self, so the John McCain that did all the horrible things that deserve torture and punishment will be gone long before the body of John McCain dies. The one taking most of the suffering will be some random cobbled together personality of flawed memories and total fantasy his broken mind will patch together. It's effectively the same as going up to some blameless homeless person, putting a "John McCain" tag on them, and lighting them on fire.

brain damage does not destroy the sense of self, not for a good deal of time at least. in the meantime he and his family get to enjoy having the things that made him him stolen from him bit by bit by that disease. it's really not a nice way to go

Condiv fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 20, 2017

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

JailTrump posted:

I really dislike the "warification" of political language.

People are going to die preventable deaths and people are going to be tortured and commit suicide. But that's not directly McCains fault.

That's the fault of his party - his base - and the nature of the world as a whole.

The aca was 1 vote away from getting a public option. McCain had 1 vote.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

No Butt Stuff posted:

MO is slowly being poisoned against the Trump arm of the GOP because Eric Greitens is a turd that's ruining our state faster than previously thought possible.

In what way?

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Terror Sweat posted:

He's a loving Republican.

quote:

I think the staffers at the concentration camps used this as their defense during the Nuremburg trials.

Lol comparing healthcare law to the extermination of the jews...classy.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Terror Sweat posted:

Yeah, he wouldn't have had to even vote for the bill, if 1 republican had voted for cloture so they didn't have to rely on Lieberman, there would be a public option right now

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Sinteres posted:

Yeah once you've decided your political opponents are enemies who deserve death, you're pretty close to signing up for a monstrous authoritarian government that will deliver. gently caress this mindset.

Nah, actually, it's entropy killing him and not the state, which is 100% cool in my book.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Trump: Okay, you can probe my connections to Russia, but just don't look at my finances!

Mueller: HaHaHaHaHa.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

JailTrump posted:

oh, so it's ok he's totally poo poo then

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

JailTrump posted:

In what way?

Right-to-work, lowered the minimum wage put in place by municipalities, calls special sessions and wastes taxpayer money with them, defunds education, activates the highway patrol to act as enforcers for St Louis suburbs.

Everything he does has been slowly poisoning the well. More and more Republicans here are realizing that he is the embodiment of the current party. They may never switch their votes, but they also probably won't vote.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Gorilla Salad posted:

Trump: Okay, you can probe my connections to Russia, but just don't look at my finances!

Checkmate Mueller, good luck getting your hands on these super secured tax statements I refuse to release!

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
Is the McCain death celebration/debate gonna' be the new derail that comes up every page or two?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

farraday posted:

You also read too many spy novels.

Mueller believes in the rule of law and the only thing the Archibald Cox president says is his firing will lead to a congressional shitstorm. In the case of his firing he would share everything he learned/discovered/suspected with the new investigators or the congressional investigations.
I'm sorry if that's not dramatic enough for you.

What do you think even happens in spy novels?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

pocket pool posted:

Is the McCain death celebration/debate gonna' be the new derail that comes up every page or two?

probably until he dies in early 2018

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I am deeply disturbed by this McCain derail, and find it troubling.

No, I won't do anything about it.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

RZA Encryption posted:

gently caress this tweet. Moment of decency? "He's not an Arab, he's a good man." What the gently caress?

That's not how communication works, he's responding to the larger point she's making.

She's saying "he's a shifty foreigner", and his response is indicating that he's an American just like anyone. Anything past that is projection of what you want to hear.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

pocket pool posted:

Yeah. Let's try to make it interesting. If you are in a trolley, and if you leave the train on the tracks, then it's going to run over five people, but if you pull the lever, you're the one who caused John McCain's brain cancer, is it ethical to pull the lever?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Rigel posted:

To be fair, they are not independent events. (Which is why Nate Silver was right, and the other models ultimately proved to be idiotic). In a timeline where we win both Arizona seats, then the odds of holding every Dem seat is a lot better because it probably means some kind of a wave, but its not going to be 100%. There is a chance that we win in the west, but, say Heitkamp still goes down.

I'd argue that MT, ND, IN, and MO are all harder to keep than winning NV and AZx2. The other 6 are easier but all hold an independent risk factor of the Democratic candidate being a loving idiot and throwing the race away.

I'd say one potential bright side is that top tier GOP candidates may see the writing on the wall and sit 2018 out rather than challenge an incumbent in this climate.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mccain says he is undecided on the bill but claims he always votes to open debate so he would be a vote for mcconnell if he came back

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

DandyLion posted:

Checkmate Mueller, good luck getting your hands on these super secured tax statements I refuse to release!

Seriously though, stay out of my secret offshore accounts.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Mueller gonna go lookin for Trump's "billions" and just pull up to an empty lot in Queens.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

theflyingorc posted:

That's not how communication works, he's responding to the larger point she's making.

She's saying "he's a shifty foreigner", and his response is indicating that he's an American just like anyone. Anything past that is projection of what you want to hear.

Right, John "I hate the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live." McCain would never be racist.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah. Let's try to make it interesting. If you are in a trolley, and if you leave the train on the tracks, then it's going to run over five people, but if you pull the lever, you're the one who caused John McCain's brain cancer, is it ethical to pull the lever?

Is it the Trump family?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

RZA Encryption posted:

gently caress this tweet. Moment of decency? "He's not an Arab, he's a good man." What the gently caress?

Time for an old classic.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

theflyingorc posted:

I wonder if that moment actually lost him the election and not going after Obama's race and getting the millions of racists who were apparently there up and voting against him like Trump did.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Yeah once you've decided your political opponents are enemies who deserve death, you're pretty close to signing up for a monstrous authoritarian government that will deliver. gently caress this mindset.

I wish immediate and violent death on people who walk too slowly in front of me when I'm crossing the street, stick your self-aggrandizing hand-wringing in your ear.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Trump has brought back coal and some miners are working in a coal mine. There's a rockfall that curshes the legs of one of the miners, and it will be 36 hours until rescue. There are five people in the room, but only enough oxygen for four people to make it 36 hours. You can increase the amount of oxygen, but if you do, then you're the cause of John McCain's brain cancer.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Piell posted:

Right, John "I hate the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live." McCain would never be racist.

Didn't say he wasn't a racist, but "a-ha, I've logically GOT YOU" when the main thing he was doing was denying a crazy conspiracy theory is stupid, and it isn't how language works, especially for non-prepared remarks.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

BiggerBoat posted:

Um...OK...but this is the Trump thread?

Also, can Mueller subpoena tax returns?

let's be honest, this is just uspol with a different name

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

JailTrump posted:

I wonder if that moment actually lost him the election and not going after Obama's race and getting the millions of racists who were apparently there up and voting against him like Trump did.

Maybe. 2008 was a different place than 2016 was, I don't know if it would have flown then. The Republicans weren't quite as crazy as they are today, even if they were pretty crazy.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

JailTrump posted:

Lmao

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

theflyingorc posted:

Still not a moment of decency, because he spent the campaign fanning those flames. I remember when it happened.

It was a moment of McCain trying to have it both ways, his career-defining trait. Say a bunch of poo poo but never stand up for it.

Feldegast42 posted:

Time for an old classic.

Yep.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 20, 2017

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Piell posted:

I’d hate them too if 99% of my interaction with them was 6 years of torture. He’s walked back those comments to specify his captors only, but it’s not really different than Grandpa calling Japanese Japs or great grandpa calling Germans Krauts.

He adopted an Asian child so I’m going to make the leap that he isn’t that racist.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Avirosb posted:

Ever thought that maybe him crashing that plane and being tortured is what damaged his brain and made him Republican? Huh?

He was lovely rear end dickhead long before he was captured by the Vietnamese.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i hope john mccain experiences a brief period of blissful unawareness before he dies as his mind erodes and he is simultaneously still alive but no longer burdened with being john mccain

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Looks like President Big Boy is nearing his 1,000th tweet since taking office :toot:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/19/politics/donald-trump-six-months/index.html

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

theflyingorc posted:

Maybe. 2008 was a different place than 2016 was, I don't know if it would have flown then. The Republicans weren't quite as crazy as they are today, even if they were pretty crazy.

He absolutely did go after Obama's race.

He just did it in dog-whistles, instead of open bigotry. That's the difference between 2008 and 2016. It took 8 years of a black president to the take the hood off the GOP.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

A group of wealthy people have hijacked the trolley you are on, and they are trying to load a bomb onto the front of the trolley and drive it into the center of the city, killing millions. They are having trouble with the bomb - some of them feel like it is too explosive, while one says it should have been a nuclear bomb. One of the hijackers continuously expresses concern while he helps to connect the bomb wires and strap it to train. "This is troubling," he says, maverically, while pouring explosive powder into it. After awhile, he shakes his head. "Stop the train for a sec," he says. "My doctor just called and I have brain cancer." Is it ethical to yell "Good riddance, you coward!" as he leaves the train?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sudo rm -rf posted:

let's be honest, this is just uspol with a different name

Lets be honest, OJ Simpson doesn't even quality under US Pol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Bicyclops posted:

A group of wealthy people have hijacked the trolley you are on, and they are trying to load a bomb onto the front of the trolley and drive it into the center of the city, killing millions. They are having trouble with the bomb - some of them feel like it is too explosive, while one says it should have been a nuclear bomb. One of the hijackers continuously expresses concern while he helps to connect the bomb wires and strap it to train. "This is troubling," he says, maverically, while pouring explosive powder into it. After awhile, he shakes his head. "Stop the train for a sec," he says. "My doctor just called and I have brain cancer." Is it ethical to yell "Good riddance, you coward!" as he leaves the train?

I feel like in 10 / 20 years (or whenever the revolution comes, assuming we don't die in nuclear fire or something) this is going to be the new hot ethics question we teach kids with.

• Locked thread