Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

a seraph guard is going to stab a margonite claiming "he was white mantle" and his only punishment will be paid leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Prophecy of Flame, calling it now.

Serious chills from the living story trailer. Amazing.

Aug 24, 2011

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5rhgSylpH8

Hey I found the inspiration for the Asura, just imagine them all speaking in Andy Serkis' voice and Asura become a lot better/funnier.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 19, 2017

Aug 24, 2011

:siren: New scepter skin datamined, text strings for the new guardian elite spec, and changes to how lean gliding works :siren:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Obligatum VII posted:

(and would be totally on board for killing all the human gods).

Wouldn't they be on board with that in Nightfall?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Obligatum VII posted:

I know it won't happen, but some tiny sliver of me hopes for playable margonites because I always loved their design. Plus, their god has been dead for ages, if any of them are still around, they've had a lot of time to do some soul searching (and would be totally on board for killing all the human gods).

The company that struggles to actually make more than a handful armor sets for an expansion because ~it's hard~ is supposed to release an entirely new race. Sure buddy :v:

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004

orcane posted:

The company that struggles to actually make more than a handful armor sets for an expansion because ~it's hard~ is supposed to release an entirely new race. Sure buddy :v:

They will if they can just slap a new head on the default human/norn/sylvari rig.

So what are the chances that Jennah and Anise are Lyssa. Or Jennah is Lyssa, and Anise/E is Livia.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe Jennah and Anise both are Lyssa, THE TWIN GODDESS

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I kind of checked out on GW2 while LS3 was going on (but logged in to unlocked all the chapters) are any of them worth playing?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Sekkira posted:

Wouldn't they be on board with that in Nightfall?

Yes, but they'd be no less so on board now. If any are still around, they probably calmed down a bit since Abaddon ate it, but I doubt they forgave the human gods for, y'know, shoving them in the torture dimension.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Nightfall was justified.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

BexGu posted:

I kind of checked out on GW2 while LS3 was going on (but logged in to unlocked all the chapters) are any of them worth playing?

All of them. They all unlock cool new zones. The boss fight for head of the snake is probably the worst designed thing I've ever seen in GW2, though.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Schpyder posted:

All of them. They all unlock cool new zones. The boss fight for head of the snake is probably the worst designed thing I've ever seen in GW2, though.

You're just not doing it right. It was meant to be experienced while on acid.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Erdricks posted:

You're just not doing it right. It was meant to be experienced while on acid.

I mean, that would make it more enjoyable, but no easier to see the awful instant-down stuff thanks to being stuck in extremely cramped quarters with GW2's schizophrenic camera.

GRANTED, it certainly didn't help that I did it with my zerker mesmer, but that's only been a minor impediment to all other story stuff up to that point.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

At this point I think we are numb to the occasional boss fight with terrible mechanics out of the story, that and alt+tabbing while people talk and coming back to read it later. I am hopeful for this last chapter though, moving on from dragons opens up a lot of possibilities.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Schpyder posted:

I mean, that would make it more enjoyable, but no easier to see the awful instant-down stuff thanks to being stuck in extremely cramped quarters with GW2's schizophrenic camera.

GRANTED, it certainly didn't help that I did it with my zerker mesmer, but that's only been a minor impediment to all other story stuff up to that point.

They patched it to make it easier. I did it a couple of weeks after that and just ran in a circle with three phantasms up.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

request permission to use this for the new OP, mlord?

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Schpyder posted:

I'd say 2, 4, & 5 were pretty disappointing. Although if you're going all in on the story then 5 is pretty mandatory.

My opinion of 2 is probably colored by the fact that it's really annoying to get around without Ley Line gliding and has that god awful jumping puzzle.

4 just felt very bland and felt like the writing was just in a "let's get this arc over with" mode.

5 I just didn't like the zone. It may not be as bad as Tangled Depths but something about the layout took me a lot longer to figure out and even now I depend on working off a couple key points as a starting location for wherever I need to go.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Another teaser trailer?

https://mobile.twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/887704541214392320

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Hm, maybe we'll plant a second pale tree in Orr? I dunno the lore well enough but maybe as some kind of way to draw in loose mordremoth magic or something?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

CLAM DOWN posted:

Tbh it's a lovely 5 minute edit, but sure...

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Trebuchet King posted:

Hm, maybe we'll plant a second pale tree in Orr? I dunno the lore well enough but maybe as some kind of way to draw in loose mordremoth magic or something?

We got rid of the zombie goasts and last bosses, now we have to do something about the messy dirt and dark.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I like that Orr is getting an update finally. Now if they would do a makeover on the old maps considering life should be returning there after personal story.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Forgall posted:

Tbh it's a lovely 5 minute edit, but sure...

So is the entire OP to be fair

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

TeaJay posted:

I like that Orr is getting an update finally. Now if they would do a makeover on the old maps considering life should be returning there after personal story.

The idea now is that maps are supposed to be locked in a timeframe. They did that with LS1 and it was generally bad.

I miss old Lion's Arch and non-Tower Kessex

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

CLAM DOWN posted:

Wait, when did we start updating the OP?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Go RV! posted:

The idea now is that maps are supposed to be locked in a timeframe. They did that with LS1 and it was generally bad.

I miss old Lion's Arch and non-Tower Kessex

They could use some kind of phasing technology, where people who had finished the story would see the new version of Orr (kinda like with the Trahearne memorial) but who are we kidding, it would probably be a technical nightmare and they won't be arsed anyway

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Alright, give it to me straight thread, how fun are Thieves currently and their Elite Spec?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

frajaq posted:

Alright, give it to me straight thread, how fun are Thieves currently and their Elite Spec?

They're good & fun, I was mostly disappointed in the Elite Spec because it doesn't change much about the class. They're good at killing things and very frail.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
New legendary hammer in the patch (??)

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/888058824589889536

Aug 24, 2011

that looks like poo poo wtf

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

The footsteps are neat.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

better than juggernaut

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm glad they're adding a fairly utilitarian-looking hammer this time

but for all we know it's going to morph like a transformer and turn into a 20 foot long drill lance that spews ghostly fire or some dumb poo poo

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I forgot how much poo poo there is to learn in this game. Finally got back in and decided to make a couple new characters. Deleted two old ones with 3 years of birthday presents each :( rip.

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
If you only deleted them recently and assuming nothing else happened, you could contact Support at the website and see if they can bring them back: sometime in the past year they figured out the right part of arcane server trickery to do such things.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Baron Snow posted:

So, Path of Fire/Flames or something is the next expansion title then?

I've seen a leaked trailer for the expansion.

It is Path of Fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nostradingus posted:

I've seen a leaked trailer for the expansion.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Locked thread