Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Continuing the Vaangasm. Someone posted this on reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19BAWzwegUI

Vaan with USB and BSB solos the current A+ Seymour fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Servaetes posted:

Is there a particular strategy any has for normal Seymour? His magic seems to just gently caress me up

Runic/Indomitable Blade/Invincible Blade. If we're talking about the A+/JS Seymour, it eats everything but the Ultimas.

Past that, stacking MAG debuffs (Vaan BSB is nice for this, as are most later support BSBs) and having Wall/Shell/RES buffs will keep you pretty well off.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Continuing the Vaangasm. .

I feel like I helped create a Maanster.

I also really wish I got any good Vaan relics. I only have his Atk/Def dagger, which isn't terrible, but isn't enough to use him outside of CMs.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Now that we've got the ability to link profiles, I was wondering whether I'd have a shot at beating the current Torment Jump Start. I've finished the 200 and 250 well enough with RW Cloud USB on Paine/Yuffie (though I'll need to go back and do the 200 CM at some point), but given the wall of health and my limited access to imperils (1x fire, 2x dark, 2x holy) I'm still apprehensive about trying Geosgaeno 300 without a lot of rejiggering. (Profile)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

Runic/Indomitable Blade/Invincible Blade. If we're talking about the A+/JS Seymour, it eats everything but the Ultimas.

Past that, stacking MAG debuffs (Vaan BSB is nice for this, as are most later support BSBs) and having Wall/Shell/RES buffs will keep you pretty well off.

Having Wall/Shell in the A+ fight is a bit tricky considering how frequently he dispels and if you don't get Shell/Wall up right after a dispel you're almost certainly hosed because a chain -aga can easily end up killing someone, as will Ultima if your party isn't topped off. I haven't bothered beating it yet because each try has had lovely RNG in one way or another causing me to go from "everything's fine" to "oh one or more characters are dead and multiple are at critical HP and Y'shtola can't Asylum before Seymor's next action."

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Having Wall/Shell in the A+ fight is a bit tricky considering how frequently he dispels and if you don't get Shell/Wall up right after a dispel you're almost certainly hosed because a chain -aga can easily end up killing someone, as will Ultima if your party isn't topped off. I haven't bothered beating it yet because each try has had lovely RNG in one way or another causing me to go from "everything's fine" to "oh one or more characters are dead and multiple are at critical HP and Y'shtola can't Asylum before Seymor's next action."

It's a normal dispel, so Wall should be fine. I'll grant that dispel into Ultima still hurts a bunch, but that's also why you keep him debuffed to the eyeballs if possible.

The Ultimate one he spams in his weak phase ignores RES anyway, so Shell wouldn't have an effect.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i think that solo vaan clear is more of a testament to how good indomitable blade AND vaan is rather than just how good vaan is. he'd be a stain on the pavement without that and few other difficult fights would be as gimmickable

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Have they made Damage Taken medals harder to get across the board? I'm barely mastering any of the harder stuff this whole event and it's always due to losing Damage Taken medals.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Mastered Geosgaeno with Cloud USB Roaming Warrior, my first attempt using the strat....pretty impressive stuff. Zidane used imperil wind BSB, Ramza cast Shout and Chant, Vaan used Ark Blast and the defense breakdown and Cloud used Hailstorm, USB and BSB. The en-wind BSB hits were 21k each. I forgot to hit him with water but still mastered it.

Up until about a month or two ago, I completely underestimated imperils. Certainly their usefulness is greater with 3 full bars in Jump Start, but Zidane, Beatrix and Nabaat have been getting heavy use in the high level content. I should really check out what SSB imperil's I have since using once over a BSB doesn't really matter when you're stacking as fast as you can in these Jump Stars.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Man, back when the Torment dungeons were first introduced, I remember trying the 200, and then giving up at the end because I just did not have enough water damage to crack his defense, and I've barely done any Torments since.

now I can CM the 300. Amazing what Tidus CSB and Rikku USB can do for you! (Yuna also had BSB2 + USB)

I haven't legend dived anyone yet but I think I'm going to go with Refia. That LM2 that increases attack after a crit sounds ridiculous in conjunction with her BSB... or, ya know, a Cloud USB RW. She will be the strongest punchgirl.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

It's a normal dispel, so Wall should be fine. I'll grant that dispel into Ultima still hurts a bunch, but that's also why you keep him debuffed to the eyeballs if possible.

The Ultimate one he spams in his weak phase ignores RES anyway, so Shell wouldn't have an effect.

Right, I forgot he uses Dispel and not gently caress You And Die Ultimate Dispel. Even with Vaan his Ultimate can still ruin your day in a hurry if/when it goes off right after a dispel and he's actually turning out to be more annoying than the 300 Torment fight was as a result.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

NGDBSS posted:

Now that we've got the ability to link profiles, I was wondering whether I'd have a shot at beating the current Torment Jump Start. I've finished the 200 and 250 well enough with RW Cloud USB on Paine/Yuffie (though I'll need to go back and do the 200 CM at some point), but given the wall of health and my limited access to imperils (1x fire, 2x dark, 2x holy) I'm still apprehensive about trying Geosgaeno 300 without a lot of rejiggering. (Profile)

Give it a go, you don't lose stamina if you fail. I think you can do it with multiple ways even. Here's one thought, a physical nuke squad relying on minimizing damage taken while going super offensive with Cloud USB when the boss gets "low".

He has low defenses and no resistances so imperils are nice but not necessary. Bring your best 3 dps (holy? Agrias, Orlando, Beatrix?), 1 healer, 1 support (Ramza with Full and Magic Breakdown) and RW Cloud USB. Equip everyone with your Instant KO resist Hope's scarves or similar. Have one DPS tauntaliate (Orlando) so his only damaging attack will be the magic AoE Tsunami. Try it out with only shellga.

Slow roll him until he's at 50-60%, make sure Shout is up, have Agrias and Beatrix Imperil him, RW Cloud USB to Orlando and have him wreck the boss with his BSB and OSB. RW Cloud USB to Agrias and wreck the boss with her BSB command 2.

In theory the boss starts casting an aoe phys attack at low hp but if you nuke the crap out of him you will never see it and the only attack that damages you will truly be the Tsunami give or take the two punches before tauntaliate is up. If the tsunami is too much you should pretty freely be able to swap "Beatrix" for Tyro and just use wall and take it a bit slower having Tyro help with Armor Breakdown etc.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Siphon the trash, WoL Chain, Thunder God the boss. Repeat.

Up to 142 stamina, a couple hundred story missions to go. :suicide:

I'm at 180 stamina and have 68 Dungeons left. The ones now are starting to get in the 150 difficulty which means I can't afk battle through it...

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It was mentioned on Discord but not here yet that 300 blob drops either 3 major darks or 5 greater darks. That's a nice haul for 60 stam if you can take him down with ease.

I got some tries in and am now 6 majors and 10 greaters richer. Time to hone Vaan's Vengeance Thief's Revenge.

Might as well try the CM while I'm at it. 1CM done so far with Yuna SSB replacing Ysh.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Finally, the great Sharpshooter buff of 2017. Basically giving access to anyone who can even touch a ranged weapon. I appreciate it.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

T300 CM wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I came within like a few hundred HP of downing it with my flawed Dark Mage team (Yuna USB, Wakka BSB, Seymour BSB , Marach BSB and Nabaat BSB). It was so frustrating because I couldn't have been more than one real action attack away, with zero visible hp, but then he murdered everyone but Yuna who could only muster an attack of 65 hp only to get swallowed.

Threw together a janky Fire team with Yuna, Wakka, Auron, Locke and Ramza. RWed Cloud USB and took it down after a handful of S/Ls. Geo surprisingly doesn't hit that hard against teams not running wall. Yuna's USB is also really good.

After dealing with that nonsense, I decided to go back and complete the 200 CM with my ragtag X crew. Relied on Dark Mage DPS again, but this time it worked out. Just had Seymour run his BSB with Memento Mori and Braska RW Raines. Geo himself was a bit trickier as I forgot he had a Stone Throw AOE attack that they took out of 300. Being able to recharge SB bars made a huge difference though as I was able to spam a bit more..

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Our current ability buffs:

6* Black Magic, Ultima:
3 AOE NE magic attacks (3 x 4.00 potency) (Was 2 x 5.25 potency)

6* Summoning, Neo Bahamut:
4 AOE NE summon magic attacks (4 x 4.80 potency) (Was 3 x 6.00 potency)

6* Combat, Omega Drive:
4 single-target physical attacks, multiplier is dependent on user's ATK (4 x 0.27~1.42 potency) (Was 4 x 0.27~1.31 potency)
(Needs 524 ATK to be on par with Full Charge, 740 ATK to be at Lifebane's maximum damage, caps at 1359 ATK)

6* Celerity, Dervish:
8 single-target physical attacks, Haste to self, higher multiplier if user is already Hasted (8 x 0.48/0.60 potency) (Was 2 x 1.80/2.20 potency)
You'd need to stack ATK skyhigh (like over 3000) to get a consistent 9999 damage per hit, but the damage ceiling is still much higher than it was.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Welp, my plans for pulling Dirge are a little screwed up now, but the flexibility of having both SS2 and SG is probably worth it.

Oh yeah, apparently Keeper's Choice 2 is bugged right now, and any 11 pull on it yields and 11/11. Dunno how long it will last though, so anybody seeing this post should probably double check in the Discord or Reddit before making a pull of their own.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Finally got around to lucky drawing, but I have no idea how useful these relics are:

I don't have a magic team yet, but the Marach and Vivi ones seem good?

Also I've been having a bit of trouble on Yunalesca. I've been using a wall RW against her and almost got her down, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Against break resistant bosses are you just hosed if they resist? It seems like my breaks get resisted 100% of the time.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

ceaselessfuture posted:

Finally got around to lucky drawing, but I have no idea how useful these relics are:

Also I've been having a bit of trouble on Yunalesca. I've been using a wall RW against her and almost got her down, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Against break resistant bosses are you just hosed if they resist? It seems like my breaks get resisted 100% of the time.

Three BSBs you didn't have is an excellent pull on any Lucky, especially since that's Auron's newer BSB as well. Congrats.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

ceaselessfuture posted:

It's not a dice roll thing, if they're resistant they'll always resist, but all that means is the effect is lessened. You'll see "null" if a break has no effect but Dr Mog should be highlighting that stuff to you before the battle.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Worked for me. Let's see if they take them away.

I'm now a wall-haver, probably only temporarily though. Can you imagine the uproar from people who didn't get to pull due to lack of mythril or just not being around.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I sincerely doubt they would punish people who happened to draw today and went 11/11 due to a bug since it's in our favor, and by the same token I doubt we'll see an apology other than 'whoops we fixed it' so get your 11/11 of early 2016 relics while the getting's good :henget:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I'm on single digit mythril and while a high probability shot at SG would be nice, everything else is either dupes or trash for me. I'm looking forward to my apology mythril.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I really wanted an excuse to pull on that banner so I could pick up the +earth armor. 11/11 was as good of a reason as any.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Worth it just to see 11 rainbows. :feelsgood:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Worth noting that Physician Staff and Excalibur are both +Holy so if you need Holy staves or Holy swords it's a good pull.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Just to make this clear for any newer players:

FOR GOD'S SAKE PULL ON KEEPERS CHOICE 2 RIGHT NOW!!! DOITDOITDOITDOIT!!! DO IT BEFORE IT GOES AWAY! GET SHOUT AND WALL RIGHT NOW!!

PS I got my first Danjuro

Sesq fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 20, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Goddamnit, I only have thirty mythril and I'm definitely not tossing down $30. Oh well, shouldn't get too upset over a bug I guess :sigh:

LornMarkus posted:

Three BSBs you didn't have is an excellent pull on any Lucky, especially since that's Auron's newer BSB as well. Congrats.

Awesome, maybe I'll transfer Auron to team A then and work on a magic party!

Party Boat posted:

It's not a dice roll thing, if they're resistant they'll always resist, but all that means is the effect is lessened. You'll see "null" if a break has no effect but Dr Mog should be highlighting that stuff to you before the battle.

Oh my God that is incredibly helpful to know. Now I won't blow all my charges in the first few rounds of combat.

How do you all figure out when you should reapply buffs/debuffs with no graphic? I feel like staggering abilities better would have won me that fight.

E: on second thought, 30 mythril + gems is only $12...

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 20, 2017

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Awesome! Gilgamesh BSB, native Shout :woop: and some synergy weapons are totally worth 50 Mythril to me!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Ybrik posted:

It's so beautiful.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

ahahaha are you loving kidding me

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Imagine if the current X/tonight's Type-0 banners were affected by this bug.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Beasteh posted:

Imagine if the current X/tonight's Type-0 banners were affected by this bug.

Nicely enough there's an easy way to check: somebody in the discord figured out why it's happening. If you look at the Relic list all that's listed on it are 5* items, none of the 3 and 4*s are in the drop table so it has no choice but to roll you an 11/11. So it's unlikely, but go ahead and peruse the relic list when they drop. If you scroll all the way to the bottom and it's still only showing 5*s then you might be in for a treat.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I'm just ecstatic to finally have native Shout, gives me all three of the trinity. Ramza with both Shout and his USB will slide into the main party nicely.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ybrik posted:

:agreed:

This is amazing and I don't care how outdated this stuff is. Actually, I think it's mainly dupes but still. Best bug ever

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Lmfao that bug is amazing. Shout get at long last

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i kinda want a greg bsb but with squall BSB, SG, Physicians Staff, and Terra BSB all at 8* I better let it sit.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I finally have Wall thanks to Sentinel's Grimoire, bringing the total number of items I have for Tyro up to one. And so many shouts. so many

I mean I had Shout before, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I guess Dougie started playing FFRK and hit the KC2 banner first. Hey Dougie, point toward the FFIV banners next! Helloooooooo

• Locked thread