Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I hope Papa John runs for president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Matt Zerella posted:

honestly might have to bet my savings account on them losing seats in 2018.

you'd make like 2 cents.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the idea that better jobs are available but left unfilled due to a deficit in 'skills' is empirically false

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

like seriously do these people all have alzheimers and dont remember anything past reading richard florida and thomas friedman books in 1992

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

95% of the results of your productivity is directly stolen from you by the rich elites, the police are hunting you down itching to execute you, healthcare is being dismantled, hopelessness is insanely loving rampant and literally killing people because they turn to drugs and alcohol to at least get some enjoyment out of life

the democrats' solution: we'll get you a slightly better job

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shear Modulus posted:

people are pissed off and starving and miserable but we cant ever acknowledge that the meritocracy is a lie

Hmm, a big part of what got Trump elected was people feeling that the deck was stacked against them. How can we remind them of that?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

don't really care how many 'good' democrats there are anymore, a sweet carbon monoxide dream is more than they really deserve for being this worthless

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/lukezim/status/888096767971119104

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

95% of the results of your productivity is directly stolen from you by the rich elites, the police are hunting you down itching to execute you, healthcare is being dismantled, hopelessness is insanely loving rampant and literally killing people because they turn to drugs and alcohol to at least get some enjoyment out of life

the democrats' solution: we'll get you a slightly better job

Well one of the justifications of having slaves at the governors house in Arkansas was that jobs can give you purpose or some poo poo, right?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

GalacticAcid posted:

the idea that better jobs are available but left unfilled due to a deficit in 'skills' is empirically false

There's no jobs Americans won't do.

There are lots of jobs Americans won't do for slave wages in environments that lack health, safety, and environmental regulation/enforcement.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

the hidden messsage here is that they know all the unskilled labor jobs are going to be automated away in the immediate future but if they retrain everyone they can give us false hope before flooding the market for skilled-labor jobs even more than it already is

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Uncle Wemus posted:

So nothing about healthcare?

stop pretending you care about healthcare, berniebro. you're just virtue signaling

https://twitter.com/arthur_affect/status/887845537122308096

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
NAFTA is going to be good for everyone because you'll just retrain!

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

To be fair, ripping off Papa John's slogan was better than their first draft that ripped off Panera Bread's, "Government as it should be." I'm terrified this is actually true.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

GalacticAcid posted:

It's the poo poo part time jobs I see signs for everywhere no one fills

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Scent of Worf posted:

stop pretending you care about healthcare, berniebro. you're just virtue signaling

I cannot fathom this man's worldview

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
Is it happening? Are we seeing the setup for Kaine 2020??

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

the hidden messsage here is that they know all the unskilled labor jobs are going to be automated away in the immediate future but if they retrain everyone they can give us false hope before flooding the market for skilled-labor jobs even more than it already is

I'd be surprised if they were considering automation vs. responding to the impacts of globalization because that whole message is a retread of the 90s.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It's the poo poo part time jobs I see signs for everywhere no one fills

here's another good slogan: Better Wages

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Tim Kaine 2020

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Democrats 2020: Make Your lovely Job Actually Support You Financially

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yinlock posted:

here's another good slogan: Better Wages

let me workshop something here: "we will try to get you more money and make the poo poo you need cost less"

does that roll off the tongue?

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Better Tax Credits, at Better Prices

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

loquacius posted:

it's quite simple. he likes attention, and, he is retarded

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Iron Twinkie posted:

To be fair, ripping off Papa John's slogan was better than their first draft that ripped off Panera Bread's, "Government as it should be." I'm terrified this is actually true.

Dude, shut the gently caress up before you give them any ideas.

I'll lol if the same people that came up with this are responsible with "I'm with HER".
Being a political consultant must be the sweetest grift in the world. It's like being a weatherman, no matter how many times your wrong you still keep your job.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

any democrat who steps up to the stage and blows their brains out in front of a live audience will net more votes than these sons of bitches

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Scent of Worf posted:

tbf alt-right twitter cares a lot about saving imaginary children from the imaginary pizza mines

they're not very smart

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

loquacius posted:

his wife left him

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Office Pig posted:

any democrat who steps up to the stage and blows their brains out in front of a live audience will net more votes than these sons of bitches

tbf that's a pretty memorable campaign statement

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

arthur chu's political worldview is based entirely on who makes fun of him online

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I mean it's just a slogan but for fucks sake this makes me not want to vote in a federal election ever again.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
really crazy that the Democrats new slogan is "Join the DSA"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
better skills lmao

35% of our population has college degrees in hopes of getting a job as it stands...

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Peace, Land, Bread

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Scent of Worf posted:

Jesus

Serf
May 5, 2011

Scent of Worf posted:

lmao chu blocked me bc i follow chapo people. what's he originally complaining about?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/Fusion/status/887948959620239360

goddamn when Al "I'ma VP Lieberman" Gore knows what's up i mean really

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
putting better wages last also makes it sound like better skills is the gatekeeper for better jobs, which is the gatekeeper for better wages.

real smart messaging.

"your life is only gonna get better if you dump a million dollars on college haha lol"

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Maybe we can salvage some of what they came up with.

"Higher wages, better healthcare, more piss tapes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cant wait to see what exciting constitutional
amendments the republicans are going to pass in two years

• Locked thread