Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

a new deal, perhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
people need to stop thinking that the existing democratic leadership is able to "change"

you're just not going to see any sort of reasonable plan with the current idiots at the wheel

failure shouldn't be shocking, it should be expected

the idea that a message crafted by Nancy pelosi chuck schumer and the DNC is going to be anything but drivel is pure unadulterated hopium

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Concerned Citizen posted:

democrats like other democrats

replying to this 2.5 hours later to say lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Darkman Fanpage posted:

a new deal, perhaps?

Whoa, lets not go crazy

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Office Pig posted:

jesus loving christ jeff

he even looks like a dude who would gently caress this up

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

he even looks like a dude who would gently caress this up

actually if it turns out this whole thing is not in fact a reference to FDR's new deal programs but a soppy attempt at one-upping trump's 'dealmaking' i will reverse course so sharply the ship shears in two and sprays piss and blood all over the ocean

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/meaganmday/status/888105424532025344

makes sense if it came from Tkaine

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

pokemon go to the #resistance

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

better jobs
better skills
better wages—
this is our fight song

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

disrupt america #better again

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

none of these people are owed any less than mortal suffering

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

We're still waiting on the official patch notes from Chuck Schumer, but it looks like Americans are being reworked into three skill trees: STEM, Police Military, and Prison Labor.

UPDATE

The STEM tree is flagged for premium accounts only and requires in game purchases.

Iron Twinkie has issued a correction as of 20:12 on Jul 20, 2017

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Thoguh posted:

Jesus Christ are they trying to lose?

yes?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
pokemon get owned at the polls

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

join the DSA

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Office Pig posted:

actually if it turns out this whole thing is not in fact a reference to FDR's new deal programs but a soppy attempt at one-upping trump's 'dealmaking' i will reverse course so sharply the ship shears in two and sprays piss and blood all over the ocean

well theres no way that some smarmy dope didnt repeatedly point out that angle during the conference call and comment on how great it was, thats for certain

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
america NGE will streamline the gameplay experience, simplifying many game mechanics while removing several less popular professions like "coal miner" and "factory worker." "computer programmer" will now be a starting profession

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

america NGE will streamline the gameplay experience, simplifying many game mechanics while removing several less popular professions like "coal miner" and "factory worker." "computer programmer" will now be a starting profession

thank u, i wanted to make a swg joke but I just didn't have it in me

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hey guys... guys did you notice that its "deal" like the new deal but also deal like the art of—

yes frank for the third time we noticed that

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

a Star Wars Galaxies joke in 2017, nice

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Darkman Fanpage posted:

a new deal, perhaps?

I almost thought this until I remembered we have the art of the deal president

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
rip my bounty hunter/ranger/creature handler and rifleman/combat medic

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

theres hundreds of thousands of people with college degrees working at loving starbucks but i guess they all just need retraining

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

theres hundreds of thousands of people with college degrees working at loving starbucks but i guess they all just need retraining

should have got a STEM degree :smug:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

i mean if they're not going to even pretend they made a mistake why not just get the blood flowing downstream now instead of later

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
The skills argument is universally used to blame the poor, put workers to the screws, and kick the can down the road. No surprise from the Democrats but this should dispel any delusions people have about the party ever changing.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

whats hilarious is that all the people that think economic reforms are white supremacy also hate this slogan/program. the democrats spent weeks on coming up with the only idea that pisses off both halves of the party lmao

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Homeless Friend posted:

can't wait to grind out my skills

I hope it works like EVE where I just set a skill and it passively trains since I am super loving lazy and hate to grind.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the dem's new slogan is so bad it made the singer from linkin park hang himself

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

whats hilarious is that all the people that think economic reforms are white supremacy also hate this slogan/program. the democrats spent weeks on coming up with the only idea that pisses off both halves of the party lmao

#MAGANOMINCS is going to crush this weak piss slogan into dirt.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Montasque posted:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

lol please embed these AZ quotes handily compiled by freddie literally last week

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

You can shout MAGANOMICS! while throwing up the devil horns. So strong.

Try that with BETTER SKILS BETTER JOBS BETTER WAGES... Sounds like sad liberal half-hearted chant.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
guys, this might work

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/888108890134528002

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
So far it appears everyone Iv talked to hates this slogan and it appears it was pulled out of someones rear end at the last second

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scent of Worf posted:

stop pretending you care about healthcare, berniebro. you're just virtue signaling

https://twitter.com/arthur_affect/status/887845537122308096

this man's wife left him because he was literally a walking ant colony

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

So far it appears everyone Iv talked to hates this slogan and it appears it was pulled out of someones rear end at the last second

no way[/s]

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
My theory that beyond being beholden't to monied interests or the status quo democratic leadership is just lazy is poo poo seems true once again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Montasque posted:

• Locked thread