Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/873/page/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Sanjay and Pudding are going to have a Shokugeki, Cake themed.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Luffy is probably gonna fight big mom here, and I feel like Sanji is gonna have something to do with making the cake.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

gently caress Yeah. I've been waiting for Nami vs. Big Mom since the vivre card was introduced. And of loving course it's break week.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's going to be like Luffy's fight with Doffy where he had to buy time while recharging only this time it's the hours it takes to bake a cake.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hahaha I just saw that she's using her hat as a sword

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Radish posted:

It's going to be like Luffy's fight with Doffy where he had to buy time while recharging only this time it's the hours it takes to bake a cake.

For this fight, I want the chapters to continuously switch to Pudding's egg timer to build suspense.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sub Harrison posted:

For this fight, I want the chapters to continuously switch to Pudding's egg timer to build suspense.

*cheerful ding*

Next panel *Everything explodes*

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

gently caress yeah!

That last spread is awesome. I love that Zeus also works as a nimbus cloud. It feels much more reasonable to have the whole crew (well, the ones who are here) face off against Big Mom alone.

My favorite part is either Perospero's gambit, or Pekoms just casually turning up out of nowhere.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Finally it's Sanjis time to shine! Big mother needs a wedding cake? No problem! He's going to put everything he learned over the time skip to use and Dress as a woman and have sex with men.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Berserker Mama riding a thunder cloud with a hat sword brandished is the most menacing thing I've ever seen in One Piece, and I wasn't sure that was possible.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
that cover page is fantastic

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Veskit posted:

He's going to fight Big mom and kick her rear end it's going to happen i'm going to be THE SMUGGEST when it happens.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The actual text: The ONLY way to stop big mom is to make the best tasting wedding cake of all time! Strawhat pirate five star chef Sanji and the others are running away from her! What's going to happen!?

Some guy in this thread: finally Luffy going to punch big mother to death.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Aww, Nami can't hide her joy at learning King Baum made it.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Work Friend Keven posted:

The actual text: The ONLY way to stop big mom is to make the best tasting wedding cake of all time! Strawhat pirate five star chef Sanji and the others are running away from her! What's going to happen!?

yeah because big mom is going to forgive them all for everything because he made a cake

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm kind of expecting multiple chapters of people slaving over the cake in the hopes of placating Big Mom as Luffy holds her back only for that cake to get destroyed to push tension even higher. And maybe for some emotional climax too. Sanji destroying it to deny Big Mom what she wants after she insults Pudding or something. I suppose it's probably because this seems like an arc where every possible thing goes wrong constantly to make things worse and worse and I don't really expect that to stop any time soon.

tsob fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 20, 2017

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Veskit posted:

yeah because big mom is going to forgive them all for everything because he made a cake

I think it is very much in Big Mom's character to forgive everything because she just ate the best cake ever. Through out this whole arc, her scheme to take out the Vinsmokes seems to come secondary to how excited she was for that wedding cake.

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

tsob posted:

I'm kind of expecting multiple chapters of people slaving over the cake in the hopes of placating Big Mom as Luffy holds her back only for that cake to get destroyed to push tension even higher. And maybe for some emotional climax too. Sanji destroying it to deny Big Mom what she wants after she insults Pudding or something. I suppose it's probably because this seems like an arc where every possible thing goes wrong constantly to make things worse and worse and I don't really expect that to stop any time soon.

The only rule more sacred to Sanji than "Don't hit a girl" is "don't waste food". But otherwise, yeah. This seems like the likely course for the plot to take.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i dont know whats going to happen and thats cool and fun

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jorenko posted:

The only rule more sacred to Sanji than "Don't hit a girl" is "don't waste food". But otherwise, yeah. This seems like the likely course for the plot to take.

I was thinking the same thing. He'll eat it himself, like how he used to dispose of scraps at the restaurant.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

anime was right posted:

i dont know whats going to happen and thats cool and fun

what a concept!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Work Friend Keven posted:

Yeah man, Big Mom's literally right there in front of them blocking their escape. I guess it's time for Sanji to just pull out his reserve Perfect Wedding Cake made with the Mythical Ingredients that Big Mom was invested in, so they can carry on running away. Good thing he thought to bring that just in case it was necessary, huh.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

anime was right posted:

that cover page is fantastic

I think it's the first confirmation of Shanks having a "territory" like the other emperors

It's not too surprising but neat nonetheless

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

tsob posted:

It's gotta stop eventually if this arc is to end this year. I feel more like we're approaching the true climax. Luffy and the rest actually fight Big Mom, just to delay her long enough to let Sanji help Pudding make a cake. With the cake made, the Strawhats can escape. Being able to see this possibility doesn't make it seem like an obvious or easy course. I have no idea how Luffy's going to hold off Big Mom, and Sanji persuading Pudding to let her help her bake the cake (or doing it himself, or however that goes down) is going to be pretty emotional.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

how can anyone feel so confident about where this arc is going??

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Whatever happens

It's gonna rule

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

I've been so wrong constantly, and I've never been happier about it (also wtf she can ride the cloud too? Her fruit is ridiculous).

My body is ready Oda, just give me more

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Yeah man, Big Mom's literally right there in front of them blocking their escape. I guess it's time for Sanji to just pull out his reserve Perfect Wedding Cake made with the Mythical Ingredients that Big Mom was invested in, so they can carry on running away. Good thing he thought to bring that just in case it was necessary, huh.

You really think a chef of his calibre needs that?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Pudding and Sanji making a cake together will be a metaphor for loving.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Luffy teams up with big mom to eat the cake

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Cat Machine posted:

how can anyone feel so confident about where this arc is going??

I'm just here for the adventure

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's been a long, long time since I've thought "oh god they're so hosed" over anything Luffy and the gang has done for a while now. Even during Dressrosa, at best, they were creating chaos but it never felt like they were too in over their heads.

This right here though?

oh god they're so hosed

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Pudding and Sanji team up to make the cake and please Big Mom but before she can eat it Luffy eats it all in one cartoon gulp. Sanji then reveals this was the plan all along because it was an attack cake and Luffy punches the Big Mom while Pudding marries Sanji for real and joins the Straw Hat crew.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was catching up on the thread (I think I'll skip my "how I got into One Piece" story) and the discussion of pizza and cake reminded me of the pizza cake.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
considering big mom beat up/killed a bunch of giants at age 5 in a hunger tantrum im pretty sure that luffy wont be punching his way out of this one seeing as how she is cognizant enough to use haki and her devil fruit powers to the fullest capacity

the unifying power of cake baking will save the day

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I kinda want crazy tantrum throwing mom to go to wano and Kaidou just to be like "oh... This again :rolleyes:" and knock her out cold in one shot.

It won't happen, but would be cool if it did.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Jose posted:

they're responsible for nakama so i'm glad they're dead

I still remember laughing when i saw a big disclaimer in front of an episode around arlong park when I first went through OP about how GOING FORWARD WE WILL USE THIS WORD BECAUSE ITS A SPECIAL POWERFUL WORD WITH NO EQUAL.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I enjoy the adventures of the World's Hangriest Woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Raspberry Bang posted:

My prediction:

The bomb blows up the wedding cake big mom has had her heart set on this whole time and she goes into a mega rage which is when the real fight will begin. She'll start stealing life left and right as sanji is given the task to bake a new one while Luffy tries his best to subdue her. Due to all the life she steals Luffy is unable to defeat her until sanji delivers the cake and then Luffy gear 4 Phoenix elephant guns the whole thing in her pie hole, blasting her off into space. Then they all eat whole cake island as a feast and have a great time.

I get to be partially smug, right?