Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Reminder I think bitbleach still has the Clinton cloth for sell.

Also lol at Donnie still thinking it's actually bleach.

Also IPAs are overrated and Russian imperial stouts are the best.

I had better coffee stouts.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
it's somewhat infuriating that republicans were able to run and win on repeal and replace for 7 years when the reality is they have no plan and never did. and people fell for it.

repeal and replace is basically the star citizen of legislation

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/888116180145381376

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Goosed it. posted:

This may not be the right thread to ask, but I keep getting e-mails like these.

Anyone have any ideas? I am neither an Iowa resident nor an American citizen. Is someone just incorrectly entering their e-mail address and writing to this congressman or is there some sort of bot that's mass petitioning him?

It's probably a bot that's doing it, unless you have an email that could be real common, like a name email address like john.smith5@whatever or something like danknugz69@gmail

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/888111415457849348

Galaxy brain Democrat consultant: Better skills, that will surely give our electorate a positive reason to vote for us!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

MAGAnomics sounds like something from a dystopian novel, which means that it's probably branded pretty well.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

What a big, strong boy you are!

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Aramis posted:

Weren't pod coffee machines originally designed for corporate meeting/board rooms?

For all the hate they get, they kinda make sense in that one context, considering the alternatives.

They were invented because people got sick of drinking the cat piss that the guy who arrives at 6am every day and makes the pot calls coffee.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Look how loving happy he is once people start applauding him. :stare: I know he's a narcissistic buffoon but you could throw a parade for a 6 year old and proclaim them Savior of the Earth and Eternal Monarch of All Robots and they wouldn't grin that broadly.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

HappyHippo posted:

it's somewhat infuriating that republicans were able to run and win on repeal and replace for 7 years when the reality is they have no plan and never did. and people fell for it.

repeal and replace is basically the star citizen of legislation

It was smart, in the sense that by not providing a specific plan, they left the voters free to imagine whatever ideal alternative plan they wanted.

Of course, that all fell apart the moment they stopped campaigning and had had to actually govern, but then again, so did everything else the GOP has been running on these past 8 years.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
This got posted but during a derail so I'm posting it again, trump literally doesn't know what health insurance is. He thinks it's life insurance.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-health-insurance-cost_us_597042f3e4b062ea5f8f2430

“So pre-existing conditions are a tough deal. Because you are basically saying from the moment the insurance, you’re 21 years old, you start working and you’re paying $12 a year for insurance, and by the time you’re 70, you get a nice plan.”

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

Bicyclops posted:

MAGAnomics sounds like something from a dystopian novel, which means that it's probably branded pretty well.

I was hoping that it was MAGMANOMICS and they were going to tell us the Yosemite super-volcano was going to kill us all. :megadeath:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

DarkCrawler posted:

Look I am half-American citizen so don't take this the wrong way but it is really hosed up that a major health care initiative by a party in control of all branches of the government that they have been driving for years failed TWICE because enough people finally understood that the ACA and Obamacare are THE SAME THING.

Like what the hell
Educate, Euthanize, Die Together.

These are our options.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rigel posted:

Rand Paul has flipped

edit: wait a sec, why the sirens? We're not counting on Paul. The no's on MTP are Collins, Murkowski, and Capito.

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/888104310436802560

Actually, since there's almost no way that Mitch puts an actual "Clean" Repeal of the ACA up for a vote, doesn't that mean that Rand is still a No?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

MAGA: its what the economy craves.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/888119924140326913

大ショック!!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/kelsey_snell/status/888096683854311425

:catstare:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ReidRansom posted:

Someone tell me this isn't real...

Weird, I know, but yes, Huckabee's daughter really is looking in two different directions.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In the year 20XX, Dr. Trump created MAGAnomics to fight the evil Dr. Clinton.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Gyges posted:

Actually, since there's almost no way that Mitch puts an actual "Clean" Repeal of the ACA up for a vote, doesn't that mean that Rand is still a No?

There's a chance that he was lying, but McConnell plans to have a vote for "repeal and maybe replace in 2 years" on Tuesday. Paul will vote for MTP on that.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
oops

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Just an FYI, ALEC's new plan for keeping control of the senate is repealing the 17th Amendment.

No, I'm not joking.
https://www.thenation.com/article/alec-wants-to-to-change-the-way-senators-are-elected-and-take-away-your-vote/

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

In the year 20XX, Dr. Trump created MAGAnomics to fight the evil Dr. Clinton.

There's a Doctor Cossack joke to be made about Putin and Russian collusion, but I'm too exhausted by the idea that I live in the MAGAnomics Universe.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

Just an FYI, ALEC's new plan for keeping control of the senate is repealing the 17th Amendment.

No, I'm not joking.
https://www.thenation.com/article/alec-wants-to-to-change-the-way-senators-are-elected-and-take-away-your-vote/

How to gerrymander the senate

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rigel posted:

There's a chance that he was lying, but McConnell plans to have a vote for "repeal and maybe replace in 2 years" on Tuesday. Paul will vote for MTP on that.

It's a copy of the 2015 reconciliation bill to repeal the ACA. It's not a clean repeal because you can't do a clean repeal of the ACA under reconciliation rules due to presence of regulations that do not effect the deficit riddling the ACA.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Gyges posted:

It's a copy of the 2015 reconciliation bill to repeal the ACA. It's not a clean repeal because you can't do a clean repeal of the ACA under reconciliation rules due to presence of regulations that do not effect the deficit riddling the ACA.

That is considered to be a repeal of Obamacare within this thread, since its not going to happen.

In the unlikely event we actually get there, then we'll shift over to "ok wait, now what is remaining?"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

No, I'm not joking.

They have wanted that for years.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

No, I'm not joking.

I'm not going to spend a moment worrying about that. "gently caress over the Dems" and "gently caress over the GOP" constitutional amendments are not going to be enacted anytime soon.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crows Turn Off posted:

That's too bad, Governor Ducey is a gigantic pile of poo poo.

His name is colloquial for "Governor lovely", so that works out nicely.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Trump knows what health insurance is. It sounds like he’s trying to express how coverage is cheaper when you’re younger, but you buy it when you’re healthy so you have it when you’re old. The GOP plan tried to force continuation of coverage through premium costs rather than a mandate so it aligns with that. He’s just doing a terrible job of explaining himself.

And Trump know what health insurance is because remember he canceled his relative’s coverage for his sick child when the guy challenged a family will.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

:pwn:

Really?
What is that thing he's playing with anyhow?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Krispy Kareem posted:

Trump knows what health insurance is. It sounds like he’s trying to express how coverage is cheaper when you’re younger, but you buy it when you’re healthy so you have it when you’re old. The GOP plan tried to force continuation of coverage through premium costs rather than a mandate so it aligns with that. He’s just doing a terrible job of explaining himself.

And Trump know what health insurance is because remember he canceled his relative’s coverage for his sick child when the guy challenged a family will.

Trump has no idea what insurance is or how it works on even the most basic levels. You are kidding yourself. He just saw money going to something and cut it off, he doesn't need to know how it works or what it does at all to do that.

If you asked Trump to define the word "insurance" in a live interview, what exactly do you think he would say?

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Sinteres posted:

I don't think it's particularly inspiring either tbh, I just think some of the hot takes about it being insulting to workers are really dumb.

People are treating it as an insult because "skills retraining" has an extremely mixed record in actual practice if even attempted at all.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Compare that clunky nonsense to Corbyn's messaging.... They should just steal his messaging and also his policies.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Go ahead, don't be afraid, it's not a test of manhood!

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

People are treating it as an insult because "skills retraining" has an extremely mixed record in actual practice if even attempted at all.

It's coded language signaling that they aren't planning on raising the minimum wage to a living wage for """""""""""""""""""""""unskilled""""""""""""""""""""""" jobs, and if you want to make a living wage, then you should learn skills rather than working at mcdonald's, which is for teenagers. That is 100% the reason they put that in there. It's to signal that they will gently caress over people who are below a certain level of wealth and skills.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Why not just go with "We Fight for the 99%"?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Reik posted:

Why not just go with "We Fight for the 99%"?

Because they don't

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rigel posted:

That is considered to be a repeal of Obamacare within this thread, since its not going to happen.

In the unlikely event we actually get there, then we'll shift over to "ok wait, now what is remaining?"

To a normal person and in conventional parlance the current bill is one that is to repeal Obamacare.

However we're talking about a quote from Rand Paul, who is not a normal person. He specifically predicated his yes vote on the ability to vote for a clean repeal. He actually does mean he wants a clean repeal because that is the essence of a Paul.

Don't get me wrong he's still going to cave and vote yes for cloture, but he is currently demanding something other than the bill being discussed by every other person in America.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

KickerOfMice posted:

:pwn:

Really?
What is that thing he's playing with anyhow?

It's some bullshit equipment for crushing glass laboratory equipment so the POTUS can be in your corporate infomercial showing your poo poo doesn't break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

empty whippet box posted:

Because they don't

Well, they should.

• Locked thread