Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Those little birds from Rebels are in the movie. :o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

The SYNERGY!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
this movie looks fuckin awesome

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Vintersorg posted:

https://twitter.com/missingwords/status/886311334349897728

I like potato owl and ice fox.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Vintersorg posted:

Different birds.
The birds in the Clone Wars show are called Convoree:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Convor

Apparently, this is a "Porg":

But it would have been cool if they had used the same birds.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/886335965744082944

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dave Syndrome posted:

Different birds.
The birds in the Clone Wars show are called Convoree:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Convor

Apparently, this is a "Porg":

But it would have been cool if they had used the same birds.

Remember when Benedict Cumberbatch was not Kahn? JK, they look different, but yeah would have been sweet if there were also convorees.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
The number of people in that behind the scenes trailer who are hedging against a possible backlash for some wacky plot turns has me worried. As in, "yep we gotta make it double weird because it's star wars and you're already expecting it to be regular-weird." What if the plot is so dumb. What if I don't like my star war.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
I'm actually excited for weirdness, because that means it won't be what people expect. I would be thrilled with a unique take on Star Wars (and I'm saying that as someone who really liked VII).

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Ryan Johnson owns and I bet his script also owns

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Abrams wrote the script too, no? So expect Lost level horseshit being written in to hype you up then promptly being nothing/getting glossed over and forgotten.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Fuzz posted:

Abrams wrote the script too, no? So expect Lost level horseshit being written in to hype you up then promptly being nothing/getting glossed over and forgotten.

No

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Fuzz posted:

No. Abrams wrote a broad outline for what he and Kasdan had thought of for the next two movies, and then when Johnson was hired, he wrote his own script. He also wrote the treatment for Episode IX, which Trevorrow and Derek Connolly took to write their script.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
I would like a cardigan with a large lobster on it also

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Fuzz posted:

The main writers for the bulk of Lost were Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cruise, with Lindelof now being known for provoking questions while not providing answers (see: Prometheus). He did not write for The Last Jedi.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

TheMaestroso posted:

I'm actually excited for weirdness, because that means it won't be what people expect. I would be thrilled with a unique take on Star Wars (and I'm saying that as someone who really liked VII).

Some of those leaked outlines (albeit fake) about Rey being the reincarnation of Anakin, or Rey being the incarnation of the "first force user" or the force itself or whatever, worried me. I know that a trollishly written fake movie outline is basically the same as a ghost story. Doesn't need to be true in order to make me terrified to say george lucas' name out loud three times in the bathroom with the lights off.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I mean, I'm dreading that this movie is going to rehash ESB so if it ends up weird that would be really good!

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Zeris posted:

Some of those leaked outlines (albeit fake) about Rey being the reincarnation of Anakin, or Rey being the incarnation of the "first force user" or the force itself or whatever, worried me. I know that a trollishly written fake movie outline is basically the same as a ghost story. Doesn't need to be true in order to make me terrified to say george lucas' name out loud three times in the bathroom with the lights off.

I can see something similar to that happening. One thing Maz commented on was that there was an eternal battle between light and dark that took several forms (Jedi/Sith), but would always continue past whatever "face" it currently embodied. We saw the last of the Sith/Empire before, only for it to be replaced by the Knights of Ren/First Order. If this truly is the Last Jedi, then I expect it will be replaced by another order of light side force users. Perhaps Rey is the "chosen one" of this new generation?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Canemacar posted:

I can see something similar to that happening. One thing Maz commented on was that there was an eternal battle between light and dark that took several forms (Jedi/Sith), but would always continue past whatever "face" it currently embodied. We saw the last of the Sith/Empire before, only for it to be replaced by the Knights of Ren/First Order. If this truly is the Last Jedi, then I expect it will be replaced by another order of light side force users. Perhaps Rey is the "chosen one" of this new generation?

I have seen your eyes...I have seen an endless trilogy of trilogies, light vs. dark, themed rides and standalone spinoffs, your eyes are ones I have known for a long time, and always will they endure servitude to disney's franchise money factory.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Zeris posted:

I have seen your eyes...I have seen an endless trilogy of trilogies, light vs. dark, themed rides and standalone spinoffs, your eyes are ones I have known for a long time, and always will they endure servitude to disney's franchise money factory.

Pretty much.

"Nothing you do matters. There will always be a new evil with a trilogy of high grossing movies to defeat it in."

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 211 days!
Evil has taken many forms throughout the ages, all of them extremely profitable to make a film about being defeated.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Star Wars galaxy is so huge that it's guaranteed someone somewhere is being a fucker, and between hyperdrive and the proliferation of superweapons it's also guaranteed those fuckers are practically in your backyard. Ban hyperdrive imo

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Porgs

http://www.starwars.com/news/introducing-porgs-the-cute-new-creatures-from-star-wars-the-last-jedi

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Can't wait for the Porgs to fight Slammers on Ach-To.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Is "Porg" what comes out when you put "Prairie Dog" or "Penguin dog" or whatever into a Star Wars name generator?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kids love that Pokeman poo poo can we somehow throw that into our new starwar? - Kathleen Kennedy (2015)

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Jek Porgins.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

banned from Starbucks posted:

Kids love that Pokeman poo poo can we somehow throw that into our new starwar? - Kathleen Kennedy (2015)

To me it comes off like "how can we get in on this Minions poo poo"?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
It's almost as if the entire point of Star wars is to sell toys. Hmmmmm

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I'm pretty sure they were going to sell a poo poo ton of toys regardless

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Alf Porgs! Remember Alf? He's back... in Porg form!

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

My middle school banned porgs because they were causing too many fights on the playground

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
My porg porged my other porg.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
UNLIIIIIIIIMITED

POOOORGS

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Is everyone forgetting that was the entire reason we got Ewoks? They're just staying true to the spirit of the original trilogy.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Canemacar posted:

Is everyone forgetting that was the entire reason we got Ewoks? They're just staying true to the spirit of the original trilogy.

I can't wait to see those little buggers tear apart a squadron of First Order troopers.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Canemacar posted:

But this movie is supposed to be Not Empire not Not Jedi. The Not Ewoks are a movie too early.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

banned from Starbucks posted:

But this movie is supposed to be Not Empire not Not Jedi. The Not Ewoks are a movie too early.

drat. You got me there. Not to mention the also introduced the One Black Guy in the Galaxy a movie too early as well.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dave Syndrome posted:

I can't wait to see those little buggers tear apart a squadron of First Order troopers.

Would be pretty dope if the rebels released a poo poo load of porgs into the air as the enemy fighters were being deployed to simulate bird strikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSlbHK07fkY&t=105s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo0MB4CVvkA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0vvYHuA10U

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

CelticPredator posted:

I guess that rumored synopsis about the birds and poo poo was right.

Neat I guess.

if there's a loving force tree in this movie i'm going to scream

• Locked thread