Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
There are guns in this hide and seek simulator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It looks like PUBG is taking a zero tolerance policy towards TKing. Someone got banned for TKing a random who TKed their 2 squad mates and opened fired on them. The ban was in response to the user reporting the other person for TKing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGR...PUBATTLEGROUNDS

When asked about it the community manager had this to say.

I get their logic but it is hilarious and will backfire.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Kinda feel like for top-tier players who can score headshots from any range and are likely to win 90% of their firefights aggression pays off big time while for retards like me it generally pays off to just not get into fights at all and hope that everyone else kills each other and for the last guy to die to the circle.

It's all about your comparative skill set, I'd assume.

This can happen to me. I'll watch Summit or the Doc and then hop on ready for some HIGH OCTANE DOMINATION and just get loving merked. My wife made fun of my last night when I missed some shots...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Wait how do you even report people in PUBG?

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

DrPlump posted:

It looks like PUBG is taking a zero tolerance policy towards TKing. Someone got banned for TKing a random who TKed their 2 squad mates and opened fired on them. The ban was in response to the user reporting the other person for TKing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGR...PUBATTLEGROUNDS

When asked about it the community manager had this to say.

I get their logic but it is hilarious and will backfire.

This is all very dumb. They just need to make a thing where if you kill a teammate with a loving gun that you can't queue up for X minutes. With a vehicle should be fine because that poo poo's hilariously stupid.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RizieN posted:

This is all very dumb. They just need to make a thing where if you kill a teammate with a loving gun that you can't queue up for X minutes.

How am I supposed to get my buddy's stuff when he DCs at a dead sprint?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Just turn off TKing, the way they are handling this is insanity.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah not really seeing what friendly fire adds to the game. I mean I guess crashing your motorcycle is still TKing and that counts for something but yeah.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Inspector_666 posted:

How am I supposed to get my buddy's stuff when he DCs at a dead sprint?

The same way you normally would, by shooting him, just don't do it to randoms. This is leading down a stupid road but as long as the reports have to be manually submitted it'll be fine

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
TK'ing exists so goons can shoot me. Both intentionally and not. Mostly not.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They need to expand this rule even further. If you fail to kill an opponent before they kill your teammate that is basically one step removed from killing them yourself.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DrPlump posted:

They need to expand this rule even further. If you fail to kill an opponent before they kill your teammate that is basically one step removed from killing them yourself.

Before the change to kill credits I was known to finish off teammates before enemies could, if there was no way we could revive them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEQshrACCEA

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

We had a dude get stuck in some rocks the other day and he begged us to kill him, so we did. It's been nice gaming with you, friends *swallows hemlock*

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Time to get that girlfriend in the thread title banned. Report!!!!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Inspector_666 posted:

Wait how do you even report people in PUBG?
Grimmmz added a chat command so his followers could get the link immediately to report all the people who kill him :nsacloud:

I don't remember the link, just go to his channel and type !cheater

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I actually had to TK a goon last night in squads. Him and I were last 2 alive with 30 people left total. His computer crashed and he just ran straight into a wall. He got back on discord and said kill him so I can get his gear which I really did need.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Being bad at clicking on video game men should be a bannable offense.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

AndyElusive posted:

Bought the game on a whim because it looked awesome.

Only it won't actually load the game. After the pub and dev logos the game just stays on that screen where you see the empty building where your avatar is and doesn't respond. I get the background looped music but that's it.

Pretty lovely when my computer can run GTAV but can't load Battlegrounds.

Is there a non-complicated procedure to get this game to work or should I just get a refund while I'm able?

I had this problem (or something similar). Turns out the game didn't like me loading it from a pin on the task bar. It would stick on connecting because it was not loading steam in the background. Launching from the steam app fixed the problem for me.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Digital Jedi posted:

I actually had to TK a goon last night in squads. Him and I were last 2 alive with 30 people left total. His computer crashed and he just ran straight into a wall. He got back on discord and said kill him so I can get his gear which I really did need.

The good news is, since his computer crashed he can't collect video evidence of you TKing him. I think you'll be OK.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah not really seeing what friendly fire adds to the game. I mean I guess crashing your motorcycle is still TKing and that counts for something but yeah.

It adds me scaring the poo poo out of a teammate and them gunning me down. Don't be a dick and intentionally TK randoms in your squad and you'll be fine.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

fknlo posted:

It adds me scaring the poo poo out of a teammate and them gunning me down. Don't be a dick and intentionally TK randoms in your squad and you'll be fine.
I haven't yet played with randos, it's more like I think preventative medicine is better than banning after the fact.

Maybe they should have separate "random" vs "arranged" squad modes ala wc3 and turn off friendly fire in the former. :shrug:

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

fknlo posted:

This advice seems to be incomplete considering the scenario was fighting back against someone who already TK'd two of the squad. It's not really being a dick in that scenario, bluehole needs to decide how to handle this scenario much much better. Just having a community manager yell "DEY BROKE DA RULES ALSO!" and throwing bans in all directions doesn't really instill me with confidence as we head to release.

I'd say removing friendly fire from the game would be the best solution, since it would also save the company money in the form of fewer CS hours required on a weekly basis, ect.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
gently caress that, keep friendly fire on so that the risk is always there as it should be. And if you intentionally TK randoms in your squad and they record/report it, enjoy a ban.

It seems really simple

fargom posted:

This advice seems to be incomplete considering the scenario was fighting back against someone who already TK'd two of the squad.
Someone else breaking game rules don't justify you breaking game rules. What part is incomplete or complicated?

Ashrik fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 20, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

fargom posted:

This advice seems to be incomplete considering the scenario was fighting back against someone who already TK'd two of the squad. It's not really being a dick in that scenario, bluehole needs to decide how to handle this scenario much much better. Just having a community manager yell "DEY BROKE DA RULES ALSO!" and throwing bans in all directions doesn't really instill me with confidence as we head to release.

I'd say removing friendly fire from the game would be the best solution, since it would also save the company money in the form of fewer CS hours required on a weekly basis, ect.

Yeah. I understand making the call that way - I'm sure it's enough work without the support guy having to pontificate over whether or not the other guy deserved it. Making it a hard line means it's easy to fairly enforce even if you don't like the outcome. Of course those rules should be clearly posted somewhere, the guy could be warned or whatever, but still.

I don't think the occasional fun to be had with accidental TKs is worth the hassle.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
That one guy in the squad was super annoying as poo poo, so I can't really blame the feller for TKing the team. He probably mistook which one at first. Had to fix his mistake the second time. And well you know the third is gunning for you now.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ashrik posted:

gently caress that, keep friendly fire on so that the risk is always there as it should be. And if you intentionally TK randoms in your squad and they record/report it, enjoy a ban.

It seems really simple

Someone else breaking game rules don't justify you breaking game rules. What part is incomplete or complicated?

Han shot first!

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

same. let them play wanna be Rambo while we can be Solid Snake stealthing our way to victory with Tactical Espionage Action.

The thing is, most of the time it's not tactical, not espionage, and definitely not action

That's the boring poo poo that turns people off

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Ashrik posted:

It seems really simple

How you are missing the point that multiple people made already I'm not sure but...

A lot of us play this in a group (a squad). Sometimes, someone disconnects. They may have gear you want, so you shoot them because there is no reconnect feature. If there is any sort of AUTOBAN on TKing in the future then this becomes a problem. Its not about banning someone who sends in a recording, its about the community manager taking a hardline stand that doesn't make sense for all situations.

If you have any more questions I'll be glad to help you keep up

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

If there is any sort of AUTOBAN on TKing in the future then this becomes a problem
This will never be a thing why would you think it would be. If killing your teammate was an autoban then accidental TKs would be affected too, and there's no automatic way to determine if it's accidental or not.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

No Safe Word posted:

This will never be a thing why would you think it would be. If killing your teammate was an autoban then accidental TKs would be affected too, and there's no automatic way to determine if it's accidental or not.

People are already floating ideas of "x of kills in a certain time frame being 30 minute queue ban". The gently caress other way do you think they police a community of this size

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Ashrik posted:

Someone else breaking game rules don't justify you breaking game rules. What part is complicated?

The part where your take on the situation is super basic, and doesn't come close to solving the frustrating situation of dealing with someone who TK's?

If a rando in squad mode starts taking shots at his own team and they shoot back, that's justified 100%. The griefer shouldn't be able to ruin the game for 3 others, multiple games in a row before any sort of negative action is taken by an admin. It's completely expected for a team member to fight back against someone who starts shooting them, and punishing both parties instead of the first jackass who started the TK process will lead to massive amounts of community backlash and CS contacts for bluehole.

Sometimes the rules put in place are not able to handle every situation and need to be adjusted. This is one of those times, and bluehole is not responding very well imo.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

If they wanted you to get loot on disconnect, they'd make the guy drop loot when they disconnect. It's not hard to do. Clearly right now they don't want that or haven't implemented it yet. This means you don't get the loot.

Again, what you suggest requires an email support guy making judgement calls beyond "on purpose" or not. That costs the dev time and money and probably is not worth it to them. Why they think the "fun" TKs is worth even that, I don't know.

If you play wacky random squad mode, you're gonna take some Ls.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 20, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

In a game with a "survival" tag, culling the pack should always be a valid option. Plus I don't think they should make such an easily abusable system for TK band.

Also hiring anyone who actively uses twitter to a position to police others is a poor idea.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

If they wanted you to get loot on disconnect, they'd make the guy drop loot when they disconnect. It's not hard to do. Clearly right now they don't want that or haven't implemented it yet. This means you don't get the loot.

Again, what you suggest requires an email support guy making judgement calls beyond "on purpose" or not. That costs the dev time and money and probably is not worth it to them. Why they think the "fun" TKs is worth even that, I don't know.

Yea they definitely decided to just have the person keep running in whatever direction they last ran in. There was a big meeting and they said "Ok everyone, we're going to decide what to do when someone disconnects once and for all!"

Too bad the people shouting KEEP RUNNING IN ONE DIRECTION were louder than the people shouting DROP LOOT DROP LOOT. I never thought those machines that count crowd volume at baseball games were accurate.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Pleads posted:

Grimmmz added a chat command so his followers could get the link immediately to report all the people who kill him :nsacloud:

I don't remember the link, just go to his channel and type !cheater

This is an entirely new dimension of :salt: holy moly

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Autobans could be implemented for multiple TKs in a single round like in other games, other than that it should just be based on reports.

Disabling friendly fire would just make grenades and suppressive fire while a teammate rushes the opponent obnoxious. It also doesn't fit the supposed 'hardcore' nature of the game, but that's not as great an argument.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Yea they definitely decided to just have the person keep running in whatever direction they last ran in. There was a big meeting and they said "Ok everyone, we're going to decide what to do when someone disconnects once and for all!"

Too bad the people shouting KEEP RUNNING IN ONE DIRECTION were louder than the people shouting DROP LOOT DROP LOOT. I never thought those machines that count crowd volume at baseball games were accurate.

Or actually they decided that particular edge case in the beta game wasn't with dealing with and they'll do something intentional later? You still don't get the loot, I don't see how this is a big deal.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

This game is going to be extra fun if they turn off friendly fire and people start stacking in houses and on bridges or any other narrow alley they can all fire down through each other in a line with impunity

Or actually they decided that particular edge case in the beta game wasn't with dealing with and they'll do something intentional later? You still don't get the loot, I don't see how this is a big deal.

I really don't get why you're advocating so hard on not being able to get loot from a dead/dc'ed teammate that you probably shared with your teammate while they are alive

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL

This game is going to be extra fun if they turn off friendly fire and people start stacking in houses and on bridges or any other narrow alley they can all fire down through each other in a line with impunity

It would probably not be difficult to make it so you stop but are not harmed by friendly bullets to avoid this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Alternatively, who gives a poo poo about TKs? It literally doesn't matter if you get in the Discord and duo/squad with goons.

• Locked thread