Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
go d bless this country..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
a better deal: better readying, better assignments, better wages

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

call to action posted:

Have we discussed what in the everliving gently caress "better wages" means, esp when it's coming from the mouths of people who have tirelessly fought against a $15/hr minwage

It means "this pittance should be enough to shut you proles up."

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

call to action posted:

Have we discussed what in the everliving gently caress "better wages" means, esp when it's coming from the mouths of people who have tirelessly fought against a $15/hr minwage

considering they formally added a $15/hr minwage to their platform last year, id wager they mean a $15/hr minwage

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
You know they didn't say what skills, and how they would lead to better jobs and wages.

The DSA and others should open training seminars to teach people unionizing skills, then have the unions bargain to get better jobs and better wages.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

paranoid randroid posted:

considering they formally added a $15/hr minwage last year, id wager they mean a $15/hr minwage

this might be true, but their messaging makes it sound like u need to bootstrap urself to a ceo position, and the ceo minimum wage is going up

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

anime was right posted:

this might be true, but their messaging makes it sound like u need to bootstrap urself to a ceo position, and the ceo minimum wage is going up

personally im holding off on forming an opinion until i see the whole platform drop on monday

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

why does your red text exist
insane UKMT posters/readers

does anyone actually call it "bettercare"

ive seen AHCA and BCRA and "senate healthcare bill" but never "bettercare"
ya

call to action posted:

tax relief on side hustle earnings

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Venom Snake posted:

My theory that beyond being beholden't to monied interests or the status quo democratic leadership is just lazy is poo poo seems true once again
Lol if it isn't both

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

both bad threads (this one and the other one) hate zegermans

but zegermans didn't get the cancer, you did :thunk:

It's cause I'm from Ecuador and Squizzle is a racist

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

considering they formally added a $15/hr minwage to their platform last year, id wager they mean a $15/hr minwage

Oh I don't give a gently caress about platforms because I'm not an idiot, though

I mean I am but at least I don't care about platforms

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

call to action posted:

Oh I don't give a gently caress about platforms because I'm not an idiot, though

okay dude

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

logikv9 posted:

just work in the gun industry, nothing hurts em

Their profits have tanked since November actually

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

loquacius posted:

hillaryman privledge

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Honestly I genuinely worry about the mental health of anyone who thinks platforms mean anything in july 2017 AD

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It loving better

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

call to action posted:

Honestly I genuinely worry about the mental health of anyone who thinks platforms mean anything in july 2017 AD

okay dude

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

call to action posted:

OK, they mean "we will talk about how much we wish $15 coul be achieved as we deliberately kill any bill to enact it"

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

call to action posted:

A lot of activists have been fighting a long time to change party platforms and I don't think ill of them OP

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

u talking like the dems are going to be in any position of power for the next 8 years to do anything about the min wage LMAO

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"nothing actually means anything unless i can interpret it to make me personally upset" is probably not a real healthy way of looking at the world

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I mean, I could see something to the idea that a politician's "message" matters more than the campaign platform

but usually the message defines the platform and vice-versa, the two ideas are linked inextricably

You only really have a problem when that's not true, like for example Hillary Clinton had no message and a platform she mostly lifted from Bernie and mentioned as little as possible

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

"nothing actually means anything unless i can interpret it to make me personally upset" is probably not a real healthy way of looking at the world

thank god you, a wise adult, entered the room

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

and yet

and yet

*gestures at the entire Internet*

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol the dem platform has got about as much backing as my post

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

personally im holding off on forming an opinion until i see the whole platform drop on monday

lol you know its going to be some bullshit promise about better paying jobs

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Yep, you've got it. Platforms don't actually mean a loving thing.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

There's old rear end bitches already in seats that don't give a poo poo about the platform. But neonates that don't have an opinion on everything yet will consult it I think

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the democratic platform is a gallows

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

thank god you, a wise adult, entered the room

you know political discourse is hosed when asserting that things might sometimes matter makes people get sarcastic at you

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

you know political discourse is hosed when asserting that things might sometimes matter makes people get sarcastic at you

nah it literally sums up your entire posting history in this and and the previous thread. it's grating as poo poo. in some ways your rear end is actually worse than zegermans.

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004

does anyone actually call it "bettercare"

ive seen AHCA and BCRA and "senate healthcare bill" but never "bettercare"

Better Care
better caramel
buttery caramel
buttery males
But. Her. Emails.

it was there the whole time!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
more like bettercaremad

ysee because people are super steamed about mitch mcconnell trying to kill them

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

fun fact when I resurrected this account after like 6 years it still had LF cancer.

also people in the good thread don't mind me

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The good thread is the one where y'all talk about how to get President Mike Pence in power, right

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Who is Arthur Chu and why does he hate Chapo so much?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Montasque posted:

he won a lot of money on jeopardy, and he won a lot of money on jeopardy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Montasque posted:

he won on jeopardy a whole bunch a couple of years ago

thats it

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

and yet

and yet

*gestures at the entire Internet*

Ah yes, that stronghold of healthy people, the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

in fairness chu did drive jeopardy fans (which exist apparently) mad with his use of the forrest bounce so that was lol

• Locked thread