Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Despera posted:

Though if you are stupid enough to take that deal, probably best you dont breed.

Yeah, gently caress poor people who are desperate to get out of jail so their children don't become homeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Yeah also lets make it illegal for girls to have sex with normies and chads so they have to mate with smart intelligences like me and you.

That's the spirit

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/MattLaslo/status/888153971801673731

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

lol, didn't Trump command the turtle to cancel the recess?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
lol is mcconnell worried about getting primaried

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

For a bill that simply doesn't have the votes. Everyone in the Senate is going to be loving pissed at McTurtle for ruining their vacation for nothing.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

skylined! posted:

I guarantee if something doesn't get passed, even a Potemkin village of a bill, then Trump et al. are going to use him as the scapegoat. It's too easy and makes too much sense not to hang a failure on him.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

JeffersonClay posted:

There's certainly no data to reach a conclusion either way.

Seattle has $15 min and the lowest unemployment in the country

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

how long until some shithead tea party senator or hfc congro rails against McCain for having the audacity to get brain cancer

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
When the story says 70 people are in the birth control program so far, it's worth pointing out that there are less than ten thousand households, total, in that county, per census.gov.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Rigel posted:

I'm leaning more towards the "cheesy fried enchilada funnel cake", and maybe cookie dough in a cup for dessert

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/entertainment/dining/2017/07/18/new-iowa-state-fair-foods-2017-have-been-announced/484277001/

You can have those too. I never said five pounds of fried butter at once. Pace yourself it's a long fair and that's a lot of butter.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why would somebody of the likes of McConnell be afraid of Trump's empty threats? Haven't they actually learned anything about this baby-handed poo poo-stain? Didn't he make a threat towards 2 freshly elected Senators? I'm a bit confused.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Why would somebody of the likes of McConnell be afraid of Trump's empty threats? Haven't they actually learned anything about this baby-handed poo poo-stain? Didn't he make a threat towards 2 freshly elected Senators? I'm a bit confused.

if mcconnells Russian and Koch brother campaign money dries up there's actually a chance some trump funded tea party psycho could get traction

doubtful but it's a fun thought

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

eviltastic posted:

When the story says 70 people are in the birth control program so far, it's worth pointing out that there are less than ten thousand households, total, in that county, per census.gov.

So this bought of Eugenics will actively depopulate the area within the coming generations. This poo poo is just a lawsuit waiting to happen.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

While I don't disagree in general, that is hardly more than anecdotal evidence. Just because something appears to work in Seattle it doesn't have to work everywhere else. For some kind of statistic significance you would need to have a way larger sample of different cities and villages all across the country.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Welp.
I just finished War Against the Weak.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

The recent stuff I've seen was a lot more mixed on the Seattle results.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

theflyingorc posted:

Source?

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Crabtree posted:

So this bought of Eugenics will actively depopulate the area within the coming generations. This poo poo is just a lawsuit waiting to happen.

God bless the ACLU, but yeah, if that's what's happened in a matter of months then a few years of that policy would be impacting a pretty non-trivial fraction of the population there.

Also, 'case anyone was wondering, median household income of $34,901 in 2015 dollars.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

'reduced sentence offered if willing to donate young strong heart to old white man; plastic replacement only 60% mortality rate'

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

skylined! posted:

if mcconnells Russian and Koch brother campaign money dries up there's actually a chance some trump funded tea party psycho could get traction

doubtful but it's a fun thought

Yeah the turtles scared of his money well going dry. He promised his funders tax cuts and they demand it.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

skylined! posted:

Eh, he's not up again until 2020 and he won the last election ~56%-41%.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Crabtree posted:

Nah the lawsuit will happen when we find out they've been forging consent forms like they did in California.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

skylined! posted:

'reduced sentence offered if willing to donate young strong heart to old white man; plastic replacement only 60% mortality rate'

They literally already started doing this vampire poo poo

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06/this-anti-aging-start-up-is-paying-thousands-of-dollars-for-teen-blood

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

After several studies showing no increase in unemployment, and a long history of minimum wage laws having no effect on employment levels, somebody managed to put together a single study that disagrees and WELP guess what study lots of folks are clinging to

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

A completely partisan paper, written with absolutely no described methodology, was released and flogged endlessly. Even conservative-leaning groups in Seattle said it had little merit, but Seattle Times is a poo poo paper and our local news is all owned by Sinclair.

Here's another datapoint: every single time the minimum wage has been raised, nationwide, in the history of ever, has not increased unemployment

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

don't remember, because it as some dumb news app thing on my phone, no way to get back to it

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://youtu.be/om9i_DJdOI8

Unfortunately this was the only clip I could find but Sean Hannity did not take news of the Senate health care bill failing well. He kind of got disappointed. You have to skip through this video to find it but it's there and it's worth a listen. I mean it's Sean Hannity shiting on Republicans and being sad.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

This is great. I hope to one day I piss enough people off that someone will make passive aggressive glitter text about me.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

FourLeaf posted:

Eh, he's not up again until 2020 and he won the last election ~56%-41%.

lol that's actually within range of vulnerability in a presidential election year like 2020 will be holy lol

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mustached Demon posted:

Yeah the turtles scared of his money well going dry. He promised his funders tax cuts and they demand it.
Ah, so this is how he gets thrown to the lions. Gotcha.

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.
I'm not sure calling birth control eugenics is accurate. It isn't a terrible idea to entice people who probably shouldn't be having families to not start families. Eugenics as I understand it is more about selective breeding to create some ultimate ideal. This is more about trying to get people who might have poor decision making abilities not to create life they can't take care of and don't want. If it was forced sterilization you might have more of an argument but even then I don't know that is technically eugenics.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Krispy Kareem posted:

I always liked McCain. Sure he’s done some boneheaded things, but I’m not sure it’s possible to spend more than 2 or 3 terms in the Senate and not make political concessions that come back to haunt you.

Senators rarely ever become Presidents for that reason (Obama being the first since Johnson and the first sitting Senator since JFK). Too much political baggage.

McCain has done and allowed some pretty garbage, lovely, terrible, reprehensible things. But nothing that would make me wish a slow and painful death like cancer on the poor guy.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

particle9 posted:

I'm not sure calling birth control eugenics is accurate. It isn't a terrible idea to entice people who probably shouldn't be having families to not start families. Eugenics as I understand it is more about selective breeding to create some ultimate ideal. This is more about trying to get people who might have poor decision making abilities not to create life they can't take care of and don't want. If it was forced sterilization you might have more of an argument but even then I don't know that is technically eugenics.

is it being offered to all for a tax cut or the imprisoned poor for a reduced sentence

it's eugenics cleverly disguised as not eugenics

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

particle9 posted:

Your understanding is wrong

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

My crazyass MAGA brother lives in Kentucky, maybe I can weaponize him into supporting a primary challenge. I'd probably do it by expressing relief at how ineffective he is, and if he actually goes through with working with Dems to fix Obamacare like he threatened earlier, I'll be all over that, praising his reasonable bipartisanship.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Classtoise posted:

McCain has done and allowed some pretty garbage, lovely, terrible, reprehensible things. But nothing that would make me wish a slow and painful death like cancer on the poor guy.

you're in luck! brain cancer is swift and relatively painless

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Guys one study came out that I'm not going to even bother to google so I dunno about this whole minimum wage thing, in the face of a mountain of evidence that says different.

edit: http://cepr.net/documents/publications/min-wage-2013-02.pdf

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Wark Say posted:

Ah, so this is how he gets thrown to the lions. Gotcha.

Republicans have a lot riding on the health-care bill and that's why I don't believe it's dead yet. They need this bill to do tax reform. If they don't accomplish this bill they can't do tax reform. A part of me feels they may still be able to pull it out. I know people here hate hearing anyone even suggest something bad might happen when it goes against the feeling of overwhelming victory but we really can't put down own guards and people in red States should keep them hounding their senators with emails telling them they don't like this bill.

Pounded in the butt by my existential dread of the Senate health care bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

particle9 posted:

offering it to inmates for a short sentence reduction is trying to select against minority populations, which are frequently and strongly punished with the full force of the law for transgressions real and imagined

it's eugenics

• Locked thread