Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

For a murderous psychopath Rappa's a pretty cool dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Hell yeah Toga and Twice

But also, holy poo poo Toga and Twice. Between the two of them they can make army of doppelgangers, this is gonna be interesting.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

blizzardvizard posted:

Hell yeah Toga and Twice

But also, holy poo poo Toga and Twice. Between the two of them they can make army of doppelgangers, this is gonna be interesting.

I'm pretty sure that they can create *a* Doppelganger. Twice can clone himself indefinitely because each clone can make a new clone. But otherwise he can only have one clone at a time

Also Rappa is great, and I love that he's Kirishima's designated villain now.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
So on that big color spread, sugar power guy, I can't even remember his name, is the only one looking back. Everyone else is looking forwards. Maybe nothing but it immediately made me think of the traitor sub plot.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

I'm pretty sure that they can create *a* Doppelganger. Twice can clone himself indefinitely because each clone can make a new clone. But otherwise he can only have one clone at a time

Also Rappa is great, and I love that he's Kirishima's designated villain now.

he can clone specific people, and those clones use a degraded version of the person's quirk. so he does currently have access to an infinite army of shapeshifters through toga

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

he can clone specific people, and those clones use a degraded version of the person's quirk. so he does currently have access to an infinite army of shapeshifters through toga

He can only make one extra Toga at a time though. Unless her shapeshifting quirk counts for Twice's quirk as being a different person, they can only have one extra doppleganger, and if it does count then they can have one extra doppleganger per unique blood sample.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Last couple chapters were slow, but they were used to build up Kirishima from side character into "actually important" which is nice. Also looks like it's set up for Kirishima's personal villain rival person in the future, which is very nice too. I'm happy with it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, this is a good chapter. Kinda restores my hope that this part of the arc is more than just stalling-for-time filler.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Neat detail with Overhaul immediately wiping his hand off in the flashback where he explodes Rappa. Touching human trash like him is unseemly, looks like.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Venuz Patrol posted:

Where did you get the "degraded version of their quirk" part? As far as we know the only difference between the clone and the real thing is that the clone disappears after taking a certain amount of damage.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Still wondering if Overhaul can reconstruct something not immediately, like Magne. Though in this case he'd need his lower body too or he'd be reconstructing a torso.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

RatHat posted:

Where did you get the "degraded version of their quirk" part? As far as we know the only difference between the clone and the real thing is that the clone disappears after taking a certain amount of damage.

technically so does the original

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

RatHat posted:

Well, it would explain why after going on a multi-man crime spree one of them (or more, I can't recall) went psycho and tried to off him

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

How is no one talking about the three year anniversary spread featuring the guy with the comic book panel head quirk displaying a 3. I'm so nervous now that Toga has shown up since she has Deku's blood. Really cool seeing her and Twice team up, neat pairing of powers

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Mr. Fowl posted:

Well, it would explain why after going on a multi-man crime spree one of them (or more, I can't recall) went psycho and tried to off him

The fact that that happened isn't because of some kind of flaw in his quirk, it's because of who he is as a person. He had his clones all working for his benefit without rewarding them or anything, and they (having the exact same personality as him) naturally came to resent this--the only fundamental difference between him and one of his clones is that he has a somewhat higher damage threshold because he won't vanish. So it was pretty inevitable that that would happen.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr. Fowl posted:

They did not go on a crime spree, he was just having them do all the work he did not want to do. But they became resentful of this and turned on him. As they all have his memories and personalty.

It appears the clones are somewhat controllable when they first come into being. As he got them to do his chores for a while before they turned on him, and they got Dabi's clones to go all in on those attacks.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

They did not go on a crime spree, he was just having them do all the work he did not want to do. But they became resentful of this and turned on him. As they all have his memories and personalty.

It appears the clones are somewhat controllable when they first come into being. As he got them to do his chores for a while before they turned on him, and they got Dabi's clones to go all in on those attacks.

It's possible they didn't become less controllable due to a flaw in his quirk, they just got pissed off that they had to keep doing the lovely work he didn't want to do for a long time. Like if he just made one and had it do his chores once and the clone would be fine about it. I imagine it would be like helping a buddy out with a couple chores vs that buddy making you do all his chores forever.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Slime posted:

It's possible they didn't become less controllable due to a flaw in his quirk, they just got pissed off that they had to keep doing the lovely work he didn't want to do for a long time. Like if he just made one and had it do his chores once and the clone would be fine about it. I imagine it would be like helping a buddy out with a couple chores vs that buddy making you do all his chores forever.

Yeah this is probably the answer.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think he also mentioned he wasn't even sure he is the original, although I guess if the real original died he would've left a corpse, not vanished.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm rooting for Twice now

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder if his ability can duplicate more than just people. It'd be cool to see how you'd fight with that, kinda like that character from Jojo Part 6. I think he's just gonna duplicate Toga and hang back though.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I expect -- considering Toga's particular fixation -- that her Deku is going to be way better than her Uraraka.

What I'm saying is, I look forward to both Midoriyas doing the "shoot both of us, it's the only way to be sure" heroic shtick.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

And then real Deku proves himself by doing something he never would have done... pre-character development. Thus both drawing a satisfying narrative contrast between the Deku now and the Deku before, and giving Toga a clear weakness of only being able to see her own idealized version of Deku.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 20, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If Toga doesn't inherit their quirk then it'll be really obvious who is the original.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RatHat posted:

If Toga doesn't inherit their quirk then it'll be really obvious who is the original.
Try using your quirk you poser!"

*Toga proceeds to break every bone in her body trying to use OFA*

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Alternatively, he realizes that the best way to beat himself is to stop fighting like himself.

Cue an extended Bakugo impression.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

I wonder if they're gonna burn up Toga and Twice here, or if they're gonna succeed at whatever they're doing and get away.

I could see toga getting captured by the good guys here, either intentionally or not. I don't think they know she's the one that can mimic people yet so it'd let her infiltrate them. plus she's the same age as the heroes and shonen loves rehabilitating people, so I could see it going that way too

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

RatHat posted:

I'm really interested to see if One for All can be duplicated.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

I could see toga getting captured by the good guys here, either intentionally or not. I don't think they know she's the one that can mimic people yet so it'd let her infiltrate them. plus she's the same age as the heroes and shonen loves rehabilitating people, so I could see it going that way too
She's a confirmed murderer with multiple kills under her belt so I'm kinda doubting we'll get some rehabilitation here. I figure we'll get some subterfuge with Toga and Twice combining their abilities to stall for time and they'll probably bug out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

She's a confirmed murderer with multiple kills under her belt so I'm kinda doubting we'll get some rehabilitation here. I figure we'll get some subterfuge with Toga and Twice combining their abilities to stall for time and they'll probably bug out.

that's never stopped anything before

look at vegeta

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

PMush Perfect posted:

And then real Deku proves himself by doing something he never would have done... pre-character development. Thus both drawing a satisfying narrative contrast between the Deku now and the Deku before, and giving Toga a clear weakness of only being able to see her own idealized version of Deku.

Grouchio posted:

Try using your quirk you poser!"

*Toga proceeds to break every bone in her body trying to use OFA*

Or she manages both at once...

"If you're the real Deku, use OFA!"

Toga!Deku: "She can imitate Quirks; I figured it out thanks to [made-up deductive process]. So either of us could show you One for All. But I promised my mother I wouldn't break my bones any more! Too many people are relying on me!"

Deku, arm hanging limply: "Uh-oh."

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Manatee Cannon posted:

look at vegeta

The Dragonball cast don't give a poo poo about law and order and the only thing required to get off their poo poo list is "don't try to kill us or genocide/explode our planet anymore, okay?". My Hero Academia is pretty concerned with the rule of law and order to the point where people need to get licenses to use the powers they are naturally born with in the open without committing a crime. I don't think rehabilitating a crazed murderer who drinks peoples' blood to get close to her victims is something that would happen in the time scale of the story, like I don't think they're going to catch Toga and give her a speech and then two weeks are going to pass and she'll show up in Class A in a UA uniform.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

look at vegeta

Also Greed, Scar, and Suneater.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
It helps that in DBZ you can just bring the dead back to life if you just go on a field trip.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Greed is an honorable man

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also he was down from the start to genuinely care for his people and boy be a total poo poo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

gently caress, I meant to say Sasuke.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

Greed????

Greed doesn't have any confirmed on-screen kills except for Bido, and that doesn't count because that was a brainwashed Greed!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will not condone any maligning of Green, the best Homunculus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

comedy option: orochimaru