Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Catastrophe posted:

Everyone frustrated with him in DC should all start doing this to him, suddenly. "No speaka da English" and refuse to move past that point in conversation unless he starts drawing what he's trying to tell you on a napkin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Catastrophe posted:

Everyone frustrated with him in DC should all start doing this to him, suddenly. "No speaka da English" and refuse to move past that point in conversation unless he starts drawing what he's trying to tell you on a napkin.

Reverse it. They should pretend HE doesn't speak English.

"I'm sorry, I only speak English.. No, sorry, I don't.. I don't understand. DO.. YOU... SPEAK.... ENGLISH?!" *Shakes head in exaggerated manner.* "NO.. THANK YOU..." *Turns to aide/reporter/Secret Service agent* "Is he trying to sell me something? NO.. No... Thaaank... YOOOUUU. NO MAGIC BEANS."

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

fixed that for you

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/...0a-c6cd65709329

First lady of Japan pretended to not know English to avoid talking to Donnie lol

It's worth noting that the National Post is one of the most right wing outlets in Canada. A quality lol indeed

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

The most pathetic administration even at the most microscopic level lol

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

What kind of mental backflips must one supporting trump do to have any rationalization for him to be enforcing a Muslim travel ban, and (not) building a wall and still be hiring immigrants to work at his own God drat businesses lmao

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Oh cool they're going the reagonomics route.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Bob NewSCART posted:

What kind of mental backflips must one supporting trump do to have any rationalization for him to be enforcing a Muslim travel ban, and (not) building a wall and still be hiring immigrants to work at his own God drat businesses lmao

"Art of the deal!"

and probably a good dose of "he's just playing by the rules that are in place" like with his bragging about not paying taxes.
He's just being smart!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

"Art of the deal!"

and probably a good dose of "he's just playing by the rules that are in place" like with his bragging about not paying taxes.
He's just being smart!

It's amazing how much people love to be openly lied to

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Trickle Down MAGAnomics is exactly what you think it is.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Madcosby posted:

NYTimes OpEd piece really taking it to Trump hard today
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/opinion/donald-trump-obamacare-racism.html

quote:

quote:
“It’s one of Trump’s greatest hits but it wasn’t Trump’s idea. Two of his staffers, Sam Nunberg and Roger Stone, came up with it as a device to keep Trump, whose attention famously wanders, focused on the issue of immigration reform because they thought that was so important. So, Trump tried it out at a speech in Iowa, the crowd responded.”

Imagine that: We now have a “president” so incapable of linear thought that his own advisers had to give him a four-letter word to remind him of one of the most pressing issues facing the country.

That's loving fantastic. It would also explain why he doesn't seem to give a poo poo about it being built, lol.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

quote:

Domain Name: maganomics.com
Registry Domain ID: 2077702552_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.register.com
Registrar URL: http://www.register.com
Updated Date: 2016-11-29T03:22:49Z
Creation Date: 2016-11-29T03:22:55Z

I guess they've had this one on the boiler for a while.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Washington Post: Trump’s lawyers seek to undercut Mueller’s Russia investigation

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...a7e5_story.html

quote:

Some of President Trump’s lawyers are exploring ways to limit or undercut special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s Russia investigation, building a case against what they allege are his conflicts of interest and discussing the president’s authority to grant pardons, according to people familiar with the effort.

Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people. A second person said Trump’s lawyers have been discussing the president’s pardoning powers among themselves.

Nah, not suspicious at all.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Manganomics

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

http://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2017/07/20/billionaire-gop-donor-out-of-politics-calls-trump-abortion-of-a-human-113528

LOL he mad.

quote:

He called Trump an “abortion of a human being,” and hammered the New York developer in the harshest terms possible.

“If I was the doctor and knew what that baby would do, I’d have made sure it never would have seen the light of day,” he said of the president.

I mean, the dude is probably a piece of poo poo because billionaire, GOP donor, Miami, and CEO, but still. HMBOL.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

tpink posted:

Washington Post: Trump’s lawyers seek to undercut Mueller’s Russia investigation

I really hope he's stupid enough to do this. If someone is given a Presidential pardon it removes their fifth amendment right to refuse to testify on the grounds of incriminating themselves because they can no longer prosecuted.

In other words, if Trump pardons his kids, Kush, or anyone else they can be forced to testify under oath. Please, Trump, pardon your idiot son.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

tpink posted:

Oh whoops, missed another lol from this article:

quote:

Trump has been fuming about the probe in recent weeks as he has been informed about the legal questions that he and his family could face. His primary frustration centers on why allegations that his campaign coordinated with Russia should spread into scrutinizing many years of Trump dealmaking. He has told aides he was especially disturbed after learning Mueller would be able to access several years of his tax returns.

Uncook the tax returns, Donald. This is a lawyer.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
They just don't get it,

Jared Kushner's White House connection still being used to lure Chinese investors

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/20/politics/draft-kushner-visas/index.html?adkey=bn

The promotions are aimed at bringing in investors who pay at least $500,000 apiece and in exchange get US visas, and potentially green cards, for themselves and their families if the development meets certain criteria. The deals are part of a legal US government program called EB-5, which grants up to 10,000 immigrant visas per year.

lol, gimme money and you get in!

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
Trump is terrified that he'll look poor.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Telephones posted:

Trump is terrified that he'll look poor.

Trump is terrified he haphazardly laundered vast amounts of crooked money.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/JTSantucci/status/888200515716358148?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Enews%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

They be quitting, low energy SAD!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Lime Tonics posted:

They just don't get it,

Jared Kushner's White House connection still being used to lure Chinese investors

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/20/politics/draft-kushner-visas/index.html?adkey=bn

The promotions are aimed at bringing in investors who pay at least $500,000 apiece and in exchange get US visas, and potentially green cards, for themselves and their families if the development meets certain criteria. The deals are part of a legal US government program called EB-5, which grants up to 10,000 immigrant visas per year.

lol, gimme money and you get in!

WTF, didn't they already get busted for this a few months back and backed off it?

edit: Yup, lol

quote:

Jared Kushner's status as a top aide to President Donald Trump was used to lure Chinese investors to his family's New Jersey development, even after his family's company apologized for mentioning his name during a sales pitch in May, CNN has found.

Jesus, these people don't learn do they.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

tpink posted:

God drat this dude will not be investigated

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Fox News is sticking their fingers in their ears and going LALALALALALALA amidst all of the negative news about Trump. Instead, it's alllllllllll about Hillary (still. yes, still.)

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/888168092865626112

LOL dumb ol' Tucker just sits there making the confused-but-outraged face 24 hours per day.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

rn trunp is captain murphy on sea lab asking about his powers under martian law

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

lol Trump is now asking people about his ability to grant pardons.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/343059-trump-lawyers-discussing-presidential-pardon-powers-possible-mueller

Kumo fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jul 21, 2017

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

tpink posted:

Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe

"Mom, not that it happened or anything but, theoretically, if someone in the house set fire to your bedroom carpet, would you be mad? Not that anyone did. I'm just wondering what would happen..."

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Some note that the Constitution does not explicitly prohibit a president from pardoning himself.

quote:

A president can pardon an individual at any point, including before being charged with a crime

I would love to see Trump just pardon himself tomorrow just to see the shitshow it would cause

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Madcosby posted:

I would love to see Trump just pardon himself tomorrow just to see the shitshow it would cause

nothing but 'concern and questions'

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

tpink posted:

Jesus, these people don't learn do they.

I think it's less "these people don't learn" and more "these people believe there will be no consequences for them."

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

FuturePastNow posted:

I think it's less "these people don't learn" and more "these people believe there will be no consequences for them."

are they wrong?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Madcosby posted:

Yeah except:

"He pardoned himself because the Russia investigation is a fake witch hunt."

"Then why did he have to pardon himself?"

"Because Mueller's conflicts of interest!"

"Buuuuuuut the information coming out of the investigation could be verified and Mueller wouldn't be prosecuting him directly."

"It doesn't matter because it's fake news."

:suicide:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I'm reminded of a stupid argument that I had with a friend of a property developer I had a few years ago, I was basically pointing out that no one makes that much sausage without committing numerous crimes, it's just how thing are. He wouldn't refute the argument that he had broken the law but said he was a good guy and I was an rear end in a top hat for taking the position that he had to technically be a criminal because it was public how much shady poo poo he was attached to, I mean we all speed on occasion.

The thing is, we know for a fact Trump has committed financial crimes, he is attached to all sorts of shady characters and he has zero ethics.

Trump flew too close to the sun and he has no idea what to do when he has the FBI going over his finances with a fine toothed comb.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Madcosby posted:

"I have done nothing wrong. Where are my parade and firetruck?"

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

It's funny that no news has come from it because they're literally just stacking the deck with aces right now lmao

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

FuturePastNow posted:

I don't think it is even that, Kushner's father literally went to prison. We know for a fact that Trump has committed crimes including financial ones.

What do they have to lose at this point? Do you think if the IRS, FBI and local police where up your rear end that they couldn't find illegal activity? And you are probably not a lying unethical scumbag like Trump.

Trump know that they are going to find crimes if they look hard enough, anyone under such scrutiny would know that, might as well keep digging while they still have access to the shovels.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Catastrophe posted:

LOL dumb ol' Tucker just sits there making the confused-but-outraged face 24 hours per day.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

quote:

The promotions are posted in Chinese and refer to Kushner Companies as "real estate heavyweights," going on to mention "the celebrity of the family is 30-something 'Mr. Perfect' Jared Kushner, who once served as CEO of Kushner Companies."

lolol "Mr. Perfect".

I bet he makes Ivanka call him that in bed whenever he can get her away from her dad

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bob NewSCART posted:

Trump does not run his businesses anymore. He divested himself of all control of his companies. You really should know better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
What's the FBI conviction rate anyways? Like 5%.?