Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

vermin posted:

Uh oh. Is it too late to unwatch star wars?

Just watch the prequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Groovelord Neato posted:

so do you have one of those half shaved heads that were the rage for awhile or what.

I m extremely beautiful and talented

naem
May 29, 2011

vermin posted:

Are they escaping a giant maze? Or fighting to the death in a forest-wide arena? Or cuckolding a werewolf?

Probably all three and yet you won't feel anything watching this because you can't relate to these two dead eyed attractive drug weirdos

Old Story posted:

Listening to a bunch of 30-something neckbearded goon schumcks give out haircut advice to young beautiful women is endlessly tiresome and happens all the loving time. Just stop. no one cares. Stop.

We are the audience they are trying to sell their goods and/or services to

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I've never seen an attractive women who looked worse with short hair. if you think short hair makes a women ugly I'm sorry you've been brainwashed by a garbage sexual culture

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

Also in that video she seems to have some life behind her eyes and is a living human, the 2 mains in city of a thousand planets look drugged, they got that fluoride stare.

It's the same actress, just a horrible haircut.

starkebn posted:

I've never seen an attractive women who looked worse with short hair. if you think short hair makes a women ugly I'm sorry you've been brainwashed by a garbage sexual culture

I've seen attractive women with short hair but Clara looks like Eminem with that haircut.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

naem posted:

We are the audience they are trying to sell their goods and/or services to

sorry didn't know you were in the market for 32 bad opinions about celebrity haircuts

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Jay has short hair

Sit and spin on that

naem
May 29, 2011

Old Story posted:

sorry didn't know you were in the market for 32 bad opinions about celebrity haircuts

look I have very discerning tastes and a sophisticated, refined palate when it comes to the appearance of the space movie ladies I wack off too ok

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Holy gently caress somehow space cop is far far worse than I remembered

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Holy gently caress somehow space cop is far far worse than I remembered

It's sad that Rich Evans is by far the best actor they can find.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

naem posted:

They both look like weird androgynous babies

They look like Hollywood cloned tissue samples of Kate moss

A pair of eyebrows grew boobs.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

A pair of eyebrows grew boobs.

I think some caterpillars just crawled on her face. :smug:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

a bone to pick posted:

Here she is eating very spicy wings, new haircut looks awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFy3rEG91OU

She's really cute with that hair.

Also, please don't post horny in the jaycum thread

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

UnfurledSails posted:

like these assholes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odJWMxjWQoo

Rich Evans looks like Pete Campbell from Mad Men lol

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Also, please don't post horny in the jaycum thread

I don't understand what this stream of words means

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Well, in just about the most shocking news of the year, that Will Smith orc cop movie written by Max Landis actually looks pretty fuckin lit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EZCBSsBxko

idk but it looks like gangster cholo guys shooting machine guns at neon nightclub witches kinda works??

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

a bone to pick posted:

Here she is eating very spicy wings, new haircut looks awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFy3rEG91OU

She may have awful hair, but she's got some-a saucy balls!

e: Somebody just make a new Tank Girl movie and cast Cara in it already, goddamn. Get on it, Hollywood!

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

is that set in the shadowrun universe

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

bring back old gbs posted:

Well, in just about the most shocking news of the year, that Will Smith orc cop movie written by Max Landis actually looks pretty fuckin lit

idk but it looks like gangster cholo guys shooting machine guns at neon nightclub witches kinda works??

Ugh, so many fantastic orc actors they could have chosen from and they choose paint up Joel Edgerton instead?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
God dammit, I saw the link and thought up a clever remark but it actually doesn't look that bad.

Trabandiumium posted:

is that set in the shadowrun universe

Legally no. But yes, it totally is.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
kind of weird that noted extremely white rich man max landis wrote a story thats about racism but w/e

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

lol orc cop movie is Max Landis? Mama mia. It's weird that it's not shadowrun or what ever, why not just get the rights and make it cyberpunk? Go all the way. This whole "oh it's modern day but also orcs and elves maybe?" is a bit weak.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

violent sex idiot posted:

kind of weird that noted extremely white rich man max landis wrote a story thats about racism but w/e

Don't worry, the young white children of today have several different options for being discriminated against.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

lol orc cop movie is Max Landis? Mama mia. It's weird that it's not shadowrun or what ever, why not just get the rights and make it cyberpunk? Go all the way. This whole "oh it's modern day but also orcs and elves maybe?" is a bit weak.

well technically the awakening in shadowrun was 2012

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm kind of surprised movie studios aren't licensing lesser known tabletop properties to cash in on the nerd culture boom.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

What's the over/under on explicit "THIS IS ABOUT POLICE AND RACISM" mentions like that "Fairy Lives Don't Matter" gag?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

super sweet best pal posted:

I'm kind of surprised movie studios aren't licensing lesser known tabletop properties to cash in on the nerd culture boom.

They're getting there, I think hollywood wants to get through all the board games first like Battleship and Chutes and Ladders

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I heard it was supposed to be Shadowrun but the rights owners held out for too much cash so Netflix told them to get hosed.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

why would you pay some one money to use their intellectual property when yo ucan just create a LEGALLY DISTINCT NON INFRINGING product such as bright, which will be attractive to the audience that gives a poo poo about shadow run and the trillions of people who dont know anything about shadow run wouldnt care if it was a licensed adaptation anyway

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

its not like its fuckin bat man or something where the thing ahs been in mass media pop culture for the entire lives of its audience

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
When I look at Max Landis, I see a man with a good grasp of the subject of race in America.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

bring back old gbs posted:

Didn't know this was a NETFLIX ORIGINAL so hells2 the yeah I'll watching it, gladly.

violent sex idiot posted:

why would you pay some one money to use their intellectual property when yo ucan just create a LEGALLY DISTINCT NON INFRINGING product such as bright, which will be attractive to the audience that gives a poo poo about shadow run and the trillions of people who dont know anything about shadow run wouldnt care if it was a licensed adaptation anyway

Because Shadowrun fukkin owns my dude and had far more lore to draw upon than whatever hack Friday writers from today would come up with.

I loving love Shadowrun!
(but instead of a droid I'm jacking a tube of D6)

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 21, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Valerian was stupid, but enjoyed the movie overall. It's got some straight up bad filmmaking in it, but scenes like Big Market were fun.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Initially I thought that orc cop partner was Michael Shannon from the voice and then I realized it was actually just makeup :haw:

Looks cool though, will watch.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Something that struck me about the writing is they call it 'The magic wand' several times. Wouldn't 'the wand' sound much cooler since it's already THE, like orcguy recognizes it as 'a magic wand' and then it becomes 'the magic wand'. Seriously, 'the wand' sounds way better and also sounds like a dick so it is very surprising Landis didn't just go with that.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Maybe they could've called it anything that doesn't make you think of a fairy tale for little girls, I don't know.

And I'm sure this has been pointed out, but that movie was done before and it's called Alien Nation.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Uhh the movie looks bad, guys.

Are the people getting hyped for the orc movie the same people who were hyped for valerian?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

a bone to pick posted:

Are the people getting hyped for the orc movie the same people who were hyped for valerian?

I've already paid to watch it and I dig Shadowrun so ???
Why wouldn't I watch it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

a bone to pick posted:

Agreed. Although it looks like Will Smith will play charming Will Smith instead of sad Will Smith like he has for the last decade, so that'll be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
xxx

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 24, 2017

• Locked thread