Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The only way to force progressive change within the Dems is to get as many progressives elected as possible. Put a progressive in every primary in 2018, regardless of how good the sitting Democrat is. We need to clean house in 2018 if we want a candidate who can beat Trump in 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

I'm still laughing about MAGANOMICS. That's some Michael Bay poo poo.

Man Musk posted:

America and the Philippines are the only countries in the world that still use commercial bail bondsmen

You know what else America and the Philippines have in common?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So Trump is going to boost the economy by killing all opioid abusers?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
death to israel
death to america

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

punk rebel ecks posted:

zegernomics

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Sessions is kind of working on that

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Sessions is kind of working on that

not to mention state level austerity measures

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

the democrats will never win another election

https://twitter.com/jcassano/status/888116268607315968

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

quote:

The DCCC’s appeal to the center coincides with significant funding for the group from finance executives and other wealthy donors, many of whom bristle at the progressive wing of the party, especially Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who is known for advocating strict regulation of Wall Street. In fact, a leaked memo from the DCCC in 2016 revealed notes from meetings with representatives of Wall Street firms and other special interests, noting their concerns about an anti-finance mentality among the left.

:smithicide:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol all this talk about getting coal miners to learn to code

a major coding academy chain just announced today they're shutting down

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oh man the democrats are going to lose bigly

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

hahaha well that explains their stupid slogan

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hmm we lost because everyone thinks we're elitist and are bought by wall street. better take a bunch of money from wall street to figure out what to do about it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
see yall in 2020

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

democrats focus-grouped their message with a broad and diverse array of elected officials and finance executives

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Shear Modulus posted:

hmm we lost because everyone thinks we're elitist and are bought by wall street. better take a bunch of money from wall street to figure out what to do about it

But you can use the Wall Street money to commission focus groups to ask people how the Dems can sound less elitist and bought out by Wall Street! It'll be fine trust me.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Laffo

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Let a thousand Ossoffs bloom

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

those data centers are gonna get fuuuuucked

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

In October 2016, The Intercept reported on a hacked fundraising document with notes from meetings between DCCC chair Rep. Ben Ray Luján of New Mexico and special-interest groups, unions and corporations including the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), Goldman Sachs, and General Electric. Andy Blocker, executive vice president of public policy and advocacy at SIFMA, which represents major financial firms, told the DCCC that “Blue Dogs, New Dems and Progressives” needed to get “on the same page.” Blocker and Joseph Vaughan, managing director of federal government relations for SIFMA, were reportedly “upset around messaging demonizing Wall Street” and expressed some relief after being told that Pelosi had said, “Warren doesn’t speak for the party.” They preferred Clinton’s “messaging around ‘bad actors,’ which is more palatable and crosses industries.”

“SIFMA cannot support the DCCC right now, in large part due to messaging,” reads the document.

Sounds to me like the DCCC bent the knee :smug:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The Democratic Party is dead. Primary them all and run third party if the primary fails. Burn them to the ground.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the DSA should do a big recruiting drive from the convention until the new years

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

> THE DREAD LICH, WALL STREET, LAUGHS AT YOUR APPROACH, BUT THEN GASPS AS IT SEES YOUR AMULET OF REGULATION AND BLADE OF TAXATION. "COME, DEMOCRATS" IT BECKONS, "LET US WORK TOGETHER; GIVE ME THAT WORTHLESS AMULET AND EVIL SWORD SO THAT I MAY DESTROY THEM, AND THEN I SHALL SERVE YOU" WILL YOU ACCEPT THE LICH'S REQUEST Y/N

dccc: ha ha! I knew that lich would see the light! *hits Y*

> YOU HAND YOUR WEAPONS AND PROTECTIVE AMULET TO THE LICH. "FOOL!" IT BELLOWS. IT CACKLES WICKEDLY AS IT DISINTEGRATES YOU. YOU HAVE LOST THE 2018 ELECTION. YOU CONTROL 0/3 BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT. YOUR HOUSE SCORE IS 150/435. YOUR SENATE SCORE IS 33/100. YOUR APPROVAL RATING IS 0/100. YOUR QUEST HAS FAILED, PLAY AGAIN? Y/N

dccc: I dont understand???

Tiler Kiwi has issued a correction as of 11:35 on Jul 21, 2017

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

:same:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

anime was right posted:

see yall in 2020

aka the year i fully give into accelerationism and vote straight-ticket R.

let the bodies hit the

floooooor

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Seriously, Donald loving Trump is more responsive to the will of the American people than the Democrats at this point. Not one of them outside the progressive wing should still be in their seats once 2020 rolls around.

I'm honestly really really pissed. I mean this is honestly making me want to vote R from now on against these fucks. At least they are honest about destroying the country.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
They still will be though

2020 is going to be wild

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

":qq: Why aren't the democrats going after people ~too pure~ to vote for them :qq:"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
reminder: one state from a constitutional convention

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Ironically, voting R is the worst way to maximize accelerationism - your granting the gop the legitimacy it doesn't deserve.

It's already gerrymandering to win, so it's not like they'll lose. But winning while getting numbers that would lose them a fair election, does more to undermine the legitimacy of the system, than anything else

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

zegermans how the gently caress do you maintain your trolling bullshit because making that last post made me want to die

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Why are democrats piss

Why are democrats piss #italiano

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Oh Snapple! posted:

zegermans how the gently caress do you maintain your trolling bullshit

Sounds like you need better skills

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

thanks i needed this after looking into the democrats D&D thread

fulchrum and JC need a nice heavy dose of forums cancer

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
The thing that gives me hope is that now there is a community t fight back against the cucks. THe DCCC keeps having to every time it reveals its true form to save face. Which makes me think that 2018 will be just a giant clusterfuck that will gain the GOP a small amount nationally while possibly loving it on state levels. I just want to see Tom Perez get yelled at in the aftermath.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i feel bad that this bird felt it had no other option than to give up. i wish i'd known it. i'd have paid it a living bird wage to poop on tom perez daily.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Tom Perez doesn't control the DCCC, although I may be misreading your post

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Feldegast42 posted:

I mean this is honestly making me want to vote R from now on against these fucks.

But will that end racism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also reminder they saw ossoff do worse than hillary after enormous amounts of money was dumped into that race, meanwhile nobodies with no extra cash did 15-20 points better than hillary

they saw that and doubled down

• Locked thread