Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Zeroisanumber posted:

Uhhhh.... This is the sort of thing that can cause a war to break out.

Can you explain it to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

brugroffil posted:

Being off of work the past two weeks had actually cut down my time water in the internet lol

drowning in time water

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

CherryCola posted:

guys I can't sleep and all the dumb stuff happening isn't helping

I don't think I've slept soundly since sometime in the summer of 2016

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

ScrubLeague posted:

not if you're white

heh im white and that didnt stop me from being locked up for :420: back in the day tho i guess i see ur point~

thankfully things around here now are completely different and u can p much get high whenever and wherever u want w/ zero fks given...which is great and i take full advantage

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

pillsburysoldier posted:

there's been a looming nuclear war over tensions between India/Pakistan generally and the ownership of Kashmir specifically

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Also I gained a bunch of weight and go through fits of depression

Ba da ba ba ba...im lovin it

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I admit ignorance I don’t at all know what that India thing means

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zeroisanumber posted:

well it's a good thing Pakistan isn't a major Taliban player and we're not scaling up operations in Afghanistan.

OH NOOOOOO

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I don't really get the perception that Indian people like Trump, I mean I'm sure there are a few shitheads who do, but I work around a bunch of Indian people and personally have not met a single one who expressed anything but disgust for Trump. It sounds like he has a lot more support back in India for being perceived as "pro-India" by people who don't know any better, but people from India who live in the US pretty universally hate the guy as far as I've seen. And not even passive annoyance or disapproval, like real visceral dripping hate for the man

I think it's generally the hindutva crowd. I dated a guy who apparently was in the RSS when he was younger and was pretty well aligned with the quasi-fascist policies of the evangelical right. when Obama was elected he said he thought "black people weren't ready."

so yeah most Indians probably aren't into him, but the hardcore Modi/BJP devotees? totally.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I don't really get the perception that Indian people like Trump, I mean I'm sure there are a few shitheads who do, but I work around a bunch of Indian people and personally have not met a single one who expressed anything but disgust for Trump. It sounds like he has a lot more support back in India for being perceived as "pro-India" by people who don't know any better, but people from India who live in the US pretty universally hate the guy as far as I've seen. And not even passive annoyance or disapproval, like real visceral dripping hate for the man

It's the hardcore hindu nationalist people that like him for the Muslim ban and stuff.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Zeroisanumber posted:

not like India and Pakistan are nuclear powers or anything

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
colbert leading the audience in a chant of "pee pee tape!"

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

Mr. Sharps posted:

gringostar why are engineers almost to a man shithead loudmouth libertarians who all fancy themselves gods own galt

quote:

Gambetta and Hertog also examine non-Islamic terrorist organizations, where they find that left-wing terrorists are likely to be humanities graduates rather than engineers, except in movements in Turkey and Iran. However, there is weak evidence that leaders of extreme right-wing groups in the U.S. may be more prone to be engineers than chance would predict.

Every type of person is prone to tons of different dumb things (e.g. as someone who majored in arts things I am a shiftless layabout) but I think engineers overvalue their own ability to reduce immensely complicated national issues to simple logic problems

unless your question was rhetorical in which case this was an ironic carepost haha id ont actually care at all ptbhb giggle emoji

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pillsburysoldier posted:

America: "as far as we're concerned this heavily disputed area is actually yours"
India: "oh cool *breaks ceasefire to retake it*"
America: ":hai:"

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

pillsburysoldier posted:

The territory is claimed by both countries who happen to have nuclear weapons, marginally stable governments (at least in Pakistan) and who absolutely hate each other.

We've decided to side with India on the dispute, apparently

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

pillsburysoldier posted:

Pakistan is REALLY REALLY sore about J&K because it's a majority Muslim state that was given to India by it's non-Muslim governor during partition.

So I'd probably expect something like the Mumbai attack to happen sometime in the future and increased Afghani Taliban activity after ISI starts supplying them with resources/intel.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Colbert lead his audience in a chant of "pee pee tape"

edit: gently caress. beaten

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

The Muppets On PCP posted:

colbert leading the audience in a chant of "pee pee tape!"

like everything is happening so fast

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

MAGA Warlord posted:

ive lost like at least 20lbs since the new year and im p sure im borderline underweight at this point...im quite glad of it cause i think i look better than ever

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

MAGA Warlord posted:

this made me giggle. the second part, not your depression. I did just join my local YMCA, though. so now I ragelift sometimes.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
war war nuke nuke pee tape pee tape colbert in russia pardons nukes pee tape

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

So a pardon can be granted in ANY court without even having charges presented? Trump could literally pardon ALL Americans for any and all federal crimes they might have committed and it would be perfectly legal?

it would own and he should do it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Oh you made the mistake of talking to sane and functioning Indians. Hindu Nationalists are the dudes who love him, and normally that'd be a minor issue like any other fringe faction loving a world leader but ruh roh raggy guess what faction Modi belongs to???

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/52mGge1.gifv

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Wait, what? They haven't gotten the "take this buyout or you might lose everything(But all execs are getting bonuses)" talk before? That was the story of my parents' life as I grew up. As they worked harder and longer and more productively for less and less.

I guess most of those dumb midwestern heartland rednecks never even thought to bargain for a pension in the first place.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/888197093105573888

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Consummate Professional posted:

I admit ignorance I don’t at all know what that India thing means

india and pakistan are fighting over a tiny strip of land, they both have nukes

the only thing keeping pakistan from launching theirs is the ridiculously corrupt deep state intel agency that's essentially a black budget line item for the cia and primary support for the taliban

the only thing keeping india from launching theirs was relatively moderate pro-business politicians until they elected a nutbar anti-muslim hindu nationalist

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

here is a picture of my cat

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

anime tupac posted:

Every type of person is prone to tons of different dumb things (e.g. as someone who majored in arts things I am a shiftless layabout) but I think engineers overvalue their own ability to reduce immensely complicated national issues to simple logic problems

unless your question was rhetorical in which case this was an ironic carepost haha id ont actually care at all ptbhb giggle emoji

art is cool, good

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

pillsburysoldier posted:

India and Pakistan both claim Kashmir and the US has maintained a careful neutrality. Directly favoring one over the other could cause a country run by insecure, paranoid religious fundamentalists (e.g. Pakistan) to do something drastic to assert their claim.

The ISI will also go out of their way to gently caress us in Afghanistan, and we rely on routes through Pakistan to supply our troops.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
lol pakistan is furiously calling up china right now, hopin to get lotsa good military goodies

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

im p sure its because trump is a sign of Shiva pressing the reset button on humanity fwiw

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

What is this from?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Squizzle posted:

art is cool, good

artists, on the other hand.....

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

whoa check out skinny Chris Christie

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
[quote="“fits my needs”" post="“474573145”"]
Pakistan is REALLY REALLY sore about J&K because it’s a majority Muslim state that was given to India by it’s non-Muslim governor during partition.

So I’d probably expect something like the Mumbai attack to happen sometime in the future and increased Afghani Taliban activity after ISI starts supplying them with resources/intel.
[/quote]

mama mia this I understand

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

What is this from?

twin peaks s3e08 goon sir

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Chokes McGee posted:

America: "as far as we're concerned this heavily disputed area is actually yours"
India: "oh cool *breaks ceasefire to retake it*"
America: ":hai:"

gulf war 1 basically started the same way

except instead of saying "yeah, that land is yours" we said "if you say it's yours w/e"

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
twitter lighting up about explosions near Goyang SK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Zeroisanumber posted:

haha yep

holy loving hell this is why Rex tillerson should have been buried ages ago

• Locked thread