Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Are the music files still in .wav format?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
is wrestling revolution 3d the first wrestling game that allows you to have two rings in an arena

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Here we fuckin go again.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSI8LcXiQSQ

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 21, 2017

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Looks more fun that 2K right now. If you're gonna be broken and questionable, at least make sure to be a bit tongue in cheek to compensate. *purchases*

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
New Fire Pro patch.

quote:

Version 0.9002 was published today.
Please refer to the patch notes below.
We have been watching the forums and are working to address the issues reported.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements through Early Access.

Please keep patch-related comments to this thread so that we may better track your feedback.

[ONLINE MODE]
Fixed issue causing loading screen to freeze when using certain wrestlers.
Fixed issue causing matches to freeze due to packet loss with data-heavy edit wrestlers.
Fixed matching error that allowed users with different versions to be matched.
No longer displays “OK!” when you select a wrestler, then cancel your selection.
Fixed issue causing menu to freeze if guest joined room when host closed room.
Improved accuracy of host’s Internet speed detection for matching.

[OFFLINE MENU]
Fixed issue causing victory message to display in Mission Mode results screen if you played Mission Mode after a tournament.
Fixed text displayed when a Battle Royal ends in a tie.
SWA Rules Match and Gruesome Fighting results screens now show the round number.
V-Sync settings now save between play sessions.

[EDIT MODE]
Changed “Opp.Down Near Corner” logic options from “Sml Dmg” / ”Lrg Dmg” to “Lrg Dmg” / “Opp. Condition Critical.”
Grapple (BIG)
Fixed move typing for Grapple (BIG) move Victor Cross Kneebreaker
Create Team Mode: Fixed issue preventing names from updating.

[MATCHES]
CPU logic category [Post (SML)+(MED)] is now working properly.
CPU logic category [Rope Slingshot Outside the Ring][Running to Outside the Ring] is now working properly.
Added commentators.

[ MISCELLANEOUS]
Fixed Critical settings for default wrestlers.

[MOVE SET]
Added new Stand (BIG) move: Leaping Cutter.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Fixing the logic for dives to the outside is a big deal.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I wonder if the AI can use the dedicated pin button or not...

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
The online fixes are nice. Mine kept crashing

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice
I played that Fire Pro Game and somehow it managed to be less fun to play then the 2k games. The gameplay revolving around those tiny rear end timing windows feels loving terrible and no amount of incredible CAWs warrants gameplay that is so poor.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5k6558RFW8

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

jred250 posted:

I played that Fire Pro Game and somehow it managed to be less fun to play then the 2k games. The gameplay revolving around those tiny rear end timing windows feels loving terrible and no amount of incredible CAWs warrants gameplay that is so poor.

I'm going to guess that you don't realize there's small, medium & large grapples and you have to wear them down with small grapples/strikes before you can graduate to larger moves. So you think the computer reversing you is you missing the grapple window. That or you're freaking out and constantly hitting it early.

Either way, it's really not that hard to learn the timing. It's the same window every time for every grapple and you can replay the first tutorial mission - with it telling you whether you're late or early - until you can reliably pull it off.

Strikes are a much bigger issue. They don't tell you that (usually) small strikes = small distance, medium strikes = medium distance , large strikes = large distance. Your wrestler has to be facing them and directly on the same line as them for it to connect. You can test the distances but you'll rarely hit the large strikes on the first or second try.

Once you figure out the timing and realize how to move in a way to set up strikes, it becomes extremely satisfying. Incredible CAWs is just icing on the cake.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jul 21, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So is there a way to get rid of CAWs that you don't need anymore? I went on a downloading spree but I'd like to trim down on some duplicates, but even after unsubscribing they're still there.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the odd thing is I find myself not using strikes as much because they take a lot of maneuvering. But the AI doesn't do it as much as well (you look at the average CPU and most of the time it'll go for a grapple)- it's kinda true to most wrestling (and of course many grapple moves play out like strikes.)

The window is basically worth taking some time to get right. It's basically the key mechanic of the game, and once you suss out how that plays it's fun. Like ITT there's been talk about how you can really capture the rhythms of a scripted sport in a game where you're trying to win, but so far FPWW has a good back and forth.

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 21, 2017

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

C. Everett Koop posted:

So is there a way to get rid of CAWs that you don't need anymore? I went on a downloading spree but I'd like to trim down on some duplicates, but even after unsubscribing they're still there.

From the Main Menu, go to "Edit" -> "Workshop" -> "Uninstall Item", then just highlight who you want to uninstall and proceed from there.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah the odd thing is I find myself not using strikes as much because they take a lot of maneuvering. But the AI doesn't do it as much as well (you look at the average CPU and most of the time it'll go for a grapple)- it's kinda true to most wrestling (and of course many grapple moves play out like strikes.)

Yeah, it's really weird. You have to go against your instinct to chase them by backing up to create space and freezing so you bait them into lining up with you. The AI will usually line themselves up as long as you don't stray out of whatever axis they're walking on.

I can hit them pretty reliably with my striking character but it's always trial and error with anybody else to figure out the reach.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1XRRGhyZAw

Some new themes in the works. What's a good file host these days? Seeing as MDickie doesn't have Steam workshop (:()

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Emerging Saga!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs1Wo2X_ph4

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I'd be interested in hearing how people are configuring their "promotions" and "stables" in FPWW. I'm trying a setup loosely based on the default teams (RAW, "Raw Faces," etc) but when I start adding actual stables as additional teams it feels clunky.

I'm thinking I'll do some sort of separation for current real-world rosters vs. different time periods, at least. Having one group with like Hogan/Savage, another with Bryan/Punk, and another with Roman/Braun, etc. feels logical.

Does the alignment of a stable determine crowd reactions or anything?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Is there a reason why there is such a delay scrolling through wrestlers on fire pro? There's like a good second delay

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is there a reason why there is such a delay scrolling through wrestlers on fire pro? There's like a good second delay

I think they haven't optimized the loading process yet. It's really bad in edit mode.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Minidust posted:

I'd be interested in hearing how people are configuring their "promotions" and "stables" in FPWW. I'm trying a setup loosely based on the default teams (RAW, "Raw Faces," etc) but when I start adding actual stables as additional teams it feels clunky.

I'm thinking I'll do some sort of separation for current real-world rosters vs. different time periods, at least. Having one group with like Hogan/Savage, another with Bryan/Punk, and another with Roman/Braun, etc. feels logical.

Right now as I'm just building up the roster, I have it divided by region. So Japan Faces/Heels, Mexico Faces/Heels, etc. For USA/Canada I have it subdivided in to Indies, WWE guys, and Old School.

I imagine once I download more ill start to break it out by promotion.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Are there good Chuck Taylors and Hiromus to be had?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Are there good Chuck Taylors and Hiromus to be had?

Chuck Taylor wise this is probably the best looking one but I haven't used him enough to be able to judge his logic and moveset: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1083336029&searchtext=chuck+taylor

This is the one I've been using before, which is mean 100% rated match machine. During my BOSJ knockoff he went from being in last place on 0 points to forcing his way into the finals. Logic is pretty good with this one, I'm not sold on the move set or look. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973571663&searchtext=chuck+taylor

Da_Killahs hiromu is probably the best for moveset and logic but no one has really made a great looking Hiromu yet. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1067678171&searchtext=hiromu

I think there's a better looking Japanese language one, but you'd have to wait till I can check my subs later.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Wish there was a better way to filter caws on the workshop. Some of them look great, but have no logic/moves then some look like rear end, but have everything else.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Minidust posted:

Knowledge from FPR but should still apply: crowd reaction changes on offensive style. Stable alignment is mostly cosmetic, but iirc affects interference when in tag matches and when a wrestler is a second on the outside.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
edit, stupid me.

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jul 22, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Where did the "Bear" thing come from in this series anyway? Has that been a thing since they've had CAW as a feature, or was it some emergent in-joke?

(I'm aware that wrestling bears is something people have done, though presumably the bears like to go into business for themselves.)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Maxwell Lord posted:

Where did the "Bear" thing come from in this series anyway? Has that been a thing since they've had CAW as a feature, or was it some emergent in-joke?

(I'm aware that wrestling bears is something people have done, though presumably the bears like to go into business for themselves.)

Fire Pro games have had Bears in them as either a Creatable character or just plain being a character since the SNES IIRC.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

simosimo posted:

https://youtu.be/F9EOk_yjtgw

Made this for those still on the fence about Fire pro world

There's a bit of a sound problem with one of the matches being way louder than your speech, but otherwise thanks. I had no idea what Ukemi was and was just bumping it randomly a few percentage points in either direction.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I spent way too long making this Bob Backlund with moves/logic from Fire Pro Wrestling 2. This game may have hundreds of parts but you quickly run into a wall when making somebody like this. They didn't have his hair styles or knee pads or wrestling singlet or a real suit.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1085692687

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Maxwell Lord posted:

There's a bit of a sound problem with one of the matches being way louder than your speech, but otherwise thanks. I had no idea what Ukemi was and was just bumping it randomly a few percentage points in either direction.

Yeah, must of been a stealth un-do edit down the line. I'm fixing today, thanks for the heads up.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

This game is dumb as hell and I asked for my money back, because I too am dumb as hell and bought it. Do not buy it.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFxj8kbrn-w

Ok, re-uploaded with fixed audio now, and posting from a PC so I don't gently caress up the youtube embed, thanks....phone!

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

simosimo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFxj8kbrn-w

Ok, re-uploaded with fixed audio now, and posting from a PC so I don't gently caress up the youtube embed, thanks....phone!

Video is cool man. Gave me a lot of ideas to get caws

Is the curb stomp in the game?

Which online is more popular cpu or person playing? Never seem to find a room for player fights

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Video is cool man. Gave me a lot of ideas to get caws

Is the curb stomp in the game?

Which online is more popular cpu or person playing? Never seem to find a room for player fights

At the moment it's not, but it seems like they've set up a regular stream of new moves being released to the general public, so it might be one of the ones added soon.

What online play there is usually involves online CPU vs. CPU simming right now. Player vs. Player is a bit laggy, which kinda sucks for a game involving frame-perfect inputs. There's also a bit of desync since they're not using anything like the rollback netcode common in fighting games these days, sort of like trying to play emulated Capcom/SNK games in the pre-GGPO days

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmXDmzbzh6o

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDLn-Gr2_8I

This is retarded awful poo poo for stupid moron babies. Do not buy this. Do not spend time on this.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Literally this is the dumbest loving game ever to have been released to mankind and you all are stupid as hell for playing it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

I couldn't justify €9 for that game sorry :(

It looks and plays bad intentionally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A bunch of people are going to rush in here and go "OH MY GOD NO THE MECHANICS" and poo poo.
They are wrong.
They are stupid.
The game sucks.