Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

Yeah, like, you're never gonna see American factory workers lynch a factory manager or douse him with gasoline and burn him to death lol

You did, maybe 150 years ago.

When I read about the factory workers who torched a Hero executive for loving with their vacation time, it makes me smile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Internet Webguy posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/888245876870828032

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/888247814832128000

russian embassies defending their pact with the nazis that started wwii in the year of our lord 2017

no biggie

Give it three days, and Trump will be like "Look, I know a good deal, believe me, and the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact was a good deal for Russia. Just looking out for their people that what we all want, you know good economy parades 100,000 uniforms *drool*"

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

lol if you don't know about how much the rich hate the poor in india

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

They should have sent...a poet...

Apr 7, 2003

TwoStepBoog posted:

lol if you don't know about how much the rich hate the poor in india

This is where the US is heading, and Americans need to adopt the same tactics India's working class uses against their upper class.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

fits my needs posted:

As a brown dude, not really. He's totally right lol. There's a huge divide between rich brown people communities vs. poor people/refugee communities.

racism isn't about being right or wrong lol

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

I've worked with a bunch Indian people in America and they've all been pretty nice so idk maybe you just met lovely people?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'll ask another time, who is this guy and why does Trump love him?
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/888224001809666048

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted:

This is where the US is heading, and Americans need to adopt the same tactics India's working class uses against their upper class.

just a slight measly lil difference in culture and population tho

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/888225147810979845

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It is kind of loving amazing that the President drooled on camera and not a single fuss was made out of it

Imagine if Hillary Clinton drooled while speaking, it would have been national news for months

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

He's not racist, he's just from Pittsburgh lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

That article does not mention the new guy a single time.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

SKULL.GIF posted:

It is kind of loving amazing that the President drooled on camera and not a single fuss was made out of it

Imagine if Hillary Clinton drooled while speaking, it would have been national news for months

wait what. I missed this.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

GobiasIndustries posted:

josh dawsey has hosed me for the last time

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

*watches austin powers once*

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

you're a good poster, spanky the dolphin

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

fits my needs posted:

He's not racist, he's just from Pittsburgh lol

oh man I just remembered that my ex used to call out South Indian friend "kalu" which basically means "blackie" in Hindi.

racism bad

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The american caste system act of 2018

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

quote:

Three CNN staffers have resigned following the publication and subsequent retraction of a story linking a Trump transition team member to the Russia-related investigations.

The piece, published late last week, cited an anonymous source saying the Senate Intelligence Committee was looking into the chief executive of a $10-billion Russian investment fund who met with financier Anthony Scaramucci before the inauguration. The report also said that two Democratic senators wanted to know whether Scaramucci had indicated in the meeting whether sanctions against Russia would be lifted, a decision that could impact the investment fund.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2017/06/26/cnn-resign-russia-scaramucci-239975

a.) he took it to CNN so trump can keep beating that dead horse

b.) he's probably a point man for some shady poo poo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Also lmao that baloogan tells his family the air force is unconstitutional to sound smart

Apr 7, 2003

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

It's class-based

Indians who speak English fluently are about 7% of the country, who are concentrated in the upper class

When they come here, they bring their caste issues and class issues with them.

You can't dismiss racism, but when I have people I work with who are from India proudly talking about how the poor should die in the gutter, people are going to react negatively to that.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
https://patch.com/new-jersey/bernardsville-bedminster/trump-visit-bedminster-18-days-will-devastate-impact-local

Trump is going to take a vacation from all the hard work he's doing being a big boy president

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CherryCola posted:

oh man I just remembered that my ex used to call out South Indian friend "kalu" which basically means "blackie" in Hindi.

racism bad

That's pretty hosed up. I feel bad for South Indians. Have you heard of Fair & Lovely? lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh he runs a hedge fund and is a top donor to the Trump campaign. And says nice stuff about Trump on Fox. That is all.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

this movie, like all andy samberg movies, looked loving abhorrent

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I used to work with both a Sunni from Pakistan and a Shia from India during the same shift. They couldn't give a poo poo what their governments were doing. "Hey we're the same thing. It's the idiots in government who insist we hate each other."

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

angerbeet posted:

https://patch.com/new-jersey/bernardsville-bedminster/trump-visit-bedminster-18-days-will-devastate-impact-local

Trump is going to take a vacation from all the hard work he's doing being a big boy president

"We will work everyday until obamacare repeal passes"
*goes on 18 day vacation*

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FizFashizzle posted:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2017/06/26/cnn-resign-russia-scaramucci-239975

a.) he took it to CNN so trump can keep beating that dead horse

b.) he's probably a point man for some shady poo poo

lmao he's also that guy, awesome

Apr 7, 2003

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I used to work with both a Sunni from Pakistan and a Shia from India during the same shift. They couldn't give a poo poo what their governments were doing. "Hey we're the same thing. It's the idiots in government who insist we hate each other."

One of my direct reports is an Arab working in Chennai who I know is a Muslim due to his name and the holidays he takes off, but he won't say it or even name the holidays he takes off. I can't imagine how many classes he went through that were about "hide your poo poo to Americans." Shameful

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

That's pretty hosed up. I feel bad for South Indians. Have you heard of Fair & Lovely? lol

Most of my immediate coworkers are from Andhra Pradesh and points south and they tend to speak Telugu among themselves and only accept or promote coworkers from southern India and after seeing what a loving mess it all is I don't think I blame them.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

fits my needs posted:

oh dude homeboy used fair and handsome. he would pinch at my skin and tell me to give him my color. it was really sad.

I kept dating him because I was like okay he's new and doesn't get social norms yet.

nope, actual huge racist who called East Asians "chinkies"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Well, yeah Muslims in India are largely marginalized and have to take the poo poo jobs. I'm sure the BJP Youth crazies don't take too kindly to the slaughtering of cows and whatnot.

Citizen Tayne posted:

One of my direct reports is an Arab working in Chennai who I know is a Muslim due to his name and the holidays he takes off, but he won't say it or even name the holidays he takes off. I can't imagine how many classes he went through that were about "hide your poo poo to Americans." Shameful

Lol, yeah.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

You know the only thing coming out of that keyboard are recorded burp and fart noises.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Regular Nintendo posted:

this movie, like all andy samberg movies, looked loving abhorrent

fkn a right

i still cant believe hes married to Joanna Newsom...like WHAT??? :thunk:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Citizen Tayne posted:

Yeah they had to let them know their managers believe poo poo like "all Indian immigrants are assholes" so try to keep a low profile around these dumbass people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

I guess everything I"ve learned in the past six years can be summarized as "the entire world is hosed up and the only thing you can do is make the people immediately around you feel welcome no matter who they are or where they're from."

• Locked thread