Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008

CubeTheory posted:

This would actually be terrible because it would create play habits of constantly checking everywhere on the map you have warded. That doesn't sound like any fun, but would also be the best way to play against her.

That's a good thing to do, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

henkman posted:

That's a good thing to do, actually

No, I mean actually panning your camera there despite there being nothing on the minimap. Why would you ever do that, you can even see if jungle camps are up on the minimap, there is literally no reason.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

CubeTheory posted:

No, I mean actually panning your camera there despite there being nothing on the minimap. Why would you ever do that, you can even see if jungle camps are up on the minimap, there is literally no reason.

Because her current passive is really dumb, and this is less dumb.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

stealth is cool but the implementation is wack. it would be cool if it was line of sight based but that would be hard to balance and result in people running in tight circles everywhere

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

stealth is cool but the implementation is wack. it would be cool if it was line of sight based but that would be hard to balance and result in people running in tight circles everywhere

I'm okay with this ...

STEALTH BUFF

:c00lbert:

to garen

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Just cracked open my second Lagunitas IPA. Time to log in and play some League of Legends. Maybe even get some sick highlight reel worthy plays for my YouTube channel.

If you were planning on playing ranked at low silver ELO tonight I apologize in advance.

:cheers:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

alright for real though what the hell riot why is coin just explicitly the best support item. like it was kind of funny, a really nice prank to make the coin just way better than everything, but it is starting to outwear its welcome if you catch my drift. has anyone at riot addressed this issue or?

Addamere posted:

I'm okay with this ...

STEALTH BUFF

:c00lbert:

to garen

you son of a bitch i keep killers in the street for this exact purpose.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

alright for real though what the hell riot why is coin just explicitly the best support item. like it was kind of funny, a really nice prank to make the coin just way better than everything, but it is starting to outwear its welcome if you catch my drift. has anyone at riot addressed this issue or?

you son of a bitch i keep killers in the street for this exact purpose.

Every Sona I'm playing against is running coin and folks this is just taking things Too Far.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

kingcobweb posted:

Every Sona I'm playing against is running coin and folks this is just taking things Too Far.

I've been doing this and it is somehow correct. What is happening.

Alternatively, just buff all the support items to be this good so it can always be party time in the bot lane.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

CubeTheory posted:

I've been doing this and it is somehow correct. What is happening.

I hate it so much because Sona has always been this insane lane bully whose trade-off is mana problems and being easy to gank. Now she goes "nah I'll just sit in lane earning more money" and has infinite mana. It Sucks

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

I hate it so much because Sona has always been this insane lane bully whose trade-off is mana problems and being easy to gank. Now she goes "nah I'll just sit in lane earning more money" and has infinite mana. It Sucks

It's basically impossible to play a harass supp against any supp with a heal and coin now cause they will just out sustain you while spamming heals. If you can't all in then you accomplish nothing against them.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i think tank supports are technically the most powerful in this patch because you want both solo laners and the jungler to be assassins. jannas good for the same reason

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Ancient coin income is so insane that Louise Mensch is supportively retweeting it

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Still can't do anything

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

pick heimer mid it broke my losing streak from d4 to p4 and now im climbing again

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
On one hand, coin income is broken. On the other hand, you're playing Janna, the Most Boring Champion in The Game. Might as well take it on Brand and kill poo poo instead >:)

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I enjoy playing Janna a lot.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Support Shaco is pretty fun. Go hard on mana regeneration and you'll have have 2 boxes on blue and 2 on frog speeding up your jungler like crazy.

Grab ignite/etc, ignore Q until 7 or 8 and box 24/7 with knife harass. Use the ult as much as possible to pressure them back since it has ok cool down.

It's actually not too bad and pray that their jungler ganks as it's pretty funny.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
This time I got a 2v5!

Only reason I didn't get told I was trash was because my entire team left!

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Kayn seems pretty great as long as you go Red Mode. Blue mode seems like absolute gutter trash but red Kayn with a more offensive bruiser build just shits damage forever and never dies. Getting 40% CDR feels like it actually matters a lot for making you slippery and also the drain tank Aatrox was supposed to be.

Link features 60K damage game where just self-healing from Red mode I outhealed Sona.

Also lol with all that AD red mode Q was 36%-ish max HP and R was 46% or something it was absolutely absurd. Enemy Cho got massive - 7K HP - and he just loving melted. Glorious.

Mikujin fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 21, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I only go Blue Kayn today in memory of Chester Bennington RIP so numb so dark so hybrid

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

As a thread goal I think we need to:

1. Get a DSA/SA crossover dream team assembled and then;

2. Get it into bronze ASAP.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Teikanmi posted:

On one hand, coin income is broken. On the other hand, you're playing Janna, the Most Boring Champion in The Game. Might as well take it on Brand and kill poo poo instead >:)

The purpose of Janna is not to have fun pressing her buttons.

The purpose of Janna is to ensure that the other team presses their buttons then nothing happens because you are Janna.

Through their sadness, you have fun.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teikanmi posted:

I only go Blue Kayn today in memory of Chester Bennington RIP so numb so dark so hybrid

was hoping to see a comment like this because i was too unimaginative to come up with a good one but yeah play the edgelord fuccboi to commemorate passing of same

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mikujin posted:

Kayn seems pretty great as long as you go Red Mode. Blue mode seems like absolute gutter trash but red Kayn with a more offensive bruiser build just shits damage forever and never dies. Getting 40% CDR feels like it actually matters a lot for making you slippery and also the drain tank Aatrox was supposed to be.

Link features 60K damage game where just self-healing from Red mode I outhealed Sona.

Also lol with all that AD red mode Q was 36%-ish max HP and R was 46% or something it was absolutely absurd. Enemy Cho got massive - 7K HP - and he just loving melted. Glorious.

yeah it just sucks cos in theory blueberry is my ideal playstyle, but the actual damage output is utter shite. Oh well

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
attention people who play league of legends

don't play rengar

the champion is complete poo poo

thanks

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Why'd they do one patch that broke lethality again, broke support items, introduced a new champ, added a new/reworked tank item, reworked chogath all in one patch, mid season. Can't wait till they release new urgot and also boost every AP ratio in the game by .1 for the worlds patch.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
that's what hotfixes are for

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
looks like Castor Oil pressed the queue button again

https://na.op.gg/summoner/league/userName=Caster%20Minion

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I don't know why people keep complaining about Lethality items. It's literally just Duskblade.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
super rude that kingcobweb hasn't offered to carry methanar to diamond imo

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Teikanmi posted:

attention people who play league of legends

don't play rengar

the champion is complete poo poo

thanks

same but Graves dude

unless you're bronze then he auto wins games I guess

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I've been playing a lot of Sejuani and I absolutely hate her new W animation. While you're clearing the jungle the second part of it looks exactly like a skillshot coming over the wall, Lee Q in particular. Multiple times a game I'll be idly killing wolves while watching the minimap when suddenly out of the corner of my eye I see what looks like a counterjungling rear end in a top hat coming to wreck my face. I haven't panic blown flash yet thankfully but I figure it's only a matter of time.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Mikujin posted:

I don't know why people keep complaining about Lethality items. It's literally just Duskblade.

Disagree

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Mikujin posted:

There are enough people who hate every type of hero/every mechanic to sustain dumb whining every balance pass, forever.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the change to lethality from targets level to your level increased the snowball effect on top of the stupid buffs to duskblade

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Venuz Patrol posted:

the change to lethality from targets level to your level increased the snowball effect on top of the stupid buffs to duskblade

Good? Snowballing in MOBAs is good. Otherwise you get pointlessly long games.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

League has been moving away from snowballing since like season 2 my dude

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

snowballing in mobas is actually terrible because i might be winning my lane but because some jackass top is losing his more than my opponent is losing it does not matter at all and the entire game turns into me vs the guy killing my retarded top laner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Should the whole early game just not matter then?

• Locked thread