Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-19/crunchyroll-adds-chargeman-ken-anime-streaming/.119058

Finally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

For what a blatant unapologetic reference shitfest Gamers is, I'm surprisingly getting into it, especially with the latter half of the second episode.

also the op references pubg

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
they straight up play persona 4 arena it's a good show

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

woops wrong thread

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gamers is like a friedberg and seltzer anime, none of the references have anything to them besides showing up. theres barely any jokes and it takes all its plot elements directly from better series, terrible.

but hey if you love pointing at things and going 'wow i recognize this, im having fun now' you will love this

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I disagree, it's funny and good and the references are there to ground the show, not as jokes themselves. If you didn't laugh when he was poo poo at a fighting game, you have no soul.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

If you didn't laugh when he was poo poo at a fighting game, you have no soul.

Please don't laugh, at my reality.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

Please don't laugh, at my reality.

It was like reading a script.

A script of my fighting game skills.

:negative:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Saiyuki continues to be dumb, but fun and sad. The second episode was dumb filler and a waste, but the this week's ep was decent since it's from the manga.

They also carried over the comedy short bits at the end of each ep like they did in the second and third series heh.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Compendium posted:

They also carried over the comedy short bits at the end of each ep like they did in the second and third series heh.
Glad to hear it. It's my SO's favorite manga ever so I'm watching it with them and the second episode really did feel like a wash. I guess if the first ep was to kind of introduce the world, the second was to introduce the characters? Kind of unnecessary since they seem to be adapting the third part of a long running series.

Either way those shorts at the end are worth the price of admission.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
havent watched ep 3, but why the gently caress are elves attacking everyone

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Because evil Minus Wave makes demon elves super violent and the whole point of Saiyuki is Sanzo and harem of handsome dudes go west to stop evil mistress trying to revive a demon king because her experiments is loving up said demons and they're also trying to steal the super buddha paper that Sanzo has around his shoulders.

in the mean while we enjoy the man angst and Gojyo reminding the audience that he is in fact totally heterosexual. Good times.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
so the good guys cold bloodedly murder a ton of people who've been driven insane. thats p messed up. i mean, i tried not to do that in the deus ex human revolution

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeah, pretty much, but at this point in Saiyuki, most humans are basically NOPE at any demons, even the sane ones because it's more than possible that they'll go crazy sooner or later and there are demons who are more than willing to gently caress poo poo up, evil wave or not. Throughout the series, the story addresses and revolve around the demons who aren't affected by evil atmosphere wave and what the implications of the future are gonna be like for them since their relationship with humans is irrevocably damaged because of the past and current events.

At the same time, Sanzo and friends have capped many a demon since they technically came for them first so rip demons :ghost: Also, in-universe people who actually know them are like, "this is a lovely priest and his followers are also super questionable"

Compendium fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 21, 2017

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Restaurant to Another World is extremely pleasant and I super enjoy it. It's basically a very relaxing series of vignettes about a bunch of D&D PCs' favorite foods and it's great.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Smartphone kid made a way better choice than the dude who chose the annoying rear end goddess as his gm item.

Its not the crux of the show like I thought it would be though. I expected him to be prevailing via clever use of his smartphone but nah. God was impressed by his modesty and just threw in both physical and magical superpowers which the kid uses to get poo poo done. Fair enough, but goddamn. The superhuman magery perk seems like it would have been worth the wish on its own. Kid is mad op.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Miracle Examiners is a lot more ridiculous and elaborate than I was expecting. It's only the first arc and we already have Nazis.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Davincie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ZQY-w9j6g

the first crunchyroll original anime... i think
interesting this is moving ahead before cannon busters is even out from kickstarter...

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Two episodes into Gamers! and I'm surprised by how Tasuku turned out to be a cool dude. I think I'll be sticking to this dumb but likable show

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I was thinking on making a thread for Welcome to the Ballroom. The question is.. what subtitle should the thread have??

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sindai posted:

Miracle Examiners is a lot more ridiculous and elaborate than I was expecting. It's only the first arc and we already have Nazis.

yeah, it's so nutty but is pretty entertaining. Since it didn't do a 3-ep arc like I was anticipating I'm wondering what else is going to turn up like I'm assuming the two-headed shadow that keeps turning up is the deformed baby; plus everyone being high on drugs kinda explains a lot of the "demonic" presence it has

also lmao at "who could have imagined a priest being a molester!!?" and that also *not* being the biggest reveal of the episode :psyduck:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Turin Turambar posted:

I was thinking on making a thread for Welcome to the Ballroom. The question is.. what subtitle should the thread have??

Welcome to Youkoso Ballroom Park

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Welcome to Youkoso Ballroom Park

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

welcome to the thread for welcome to the ballroom

the thread about welcome to the ballroom

welcome to the ballroom

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Welcome to the Ballroom We got fun and games

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
doesn't matter, so long as you give it the nico tag

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Welcome to the Ballroom, ballpit to the left.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewFBuYHldeY

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

doesn't matter, so long as you give it the nico tag

Tag is decided. It's Classic, of course.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Welcome to the Ballroom We got fun and games

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Thread added! :toot:

quote:

Welcome to the Ballroom (Ballroom e Youkoso)
Production I.G. | Itazu, Yoshimi | ... | Manga | Comedy, Sports, Drama, Romance, School, Shounen | July 9, 2017
A professional dancer named Sengoku rescues Tatara, an introverted third-year middle school student who is being harassed by delinquents. Tatara ends up at Sengoku's dance studio where he meets Shizuku Hanaoka, a schoolmate he comes to secretly idolize. From this defining moment when Tatara enters the world of dance. Sengoku is a free-spirited, dynamic international dancer who recognizes Tatara's potential and begins to coach him. Through dance, Tatara meets another schoolmate, a dance prodigy named Kiyoharu. Through these new friendships, Tatara develops a passionate desire to improve as a dancer and be accepted by his peers and rivals, which nurtures his own native talent. And through interaction with Tatara, other dance members are encouraged to take steps to overcome their own challenges and issues.
PV
Thread

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

this was the correct answer fyi

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Everything Burrito posted:

yeah, it's so nutty but is pretty entertaining. Since it didn't do a 3-ep arc like I was anticipating I'm wondering what else is going to turn up like I'm assuming the two-headed shadow that keeps turning up is the deformed baby; plus everyone being high on drugs kinda explains a lot of the "demonic" presence it has

also lmao at "who could have imagined a priest being a molester!!?" and that also *not* being the biggest reveal of the episode :psyduck:

I thought we were gonna go into Heinrich Himmler territory there for a second. That end also really got me. I just wasn't expecting it -_-

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Someone make a thread for Miracle Examiner because it's anime of the season

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Davincie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ZQY-w9j6g

the first crunchyroll original anime... i think

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

why do trailers still do this
isnt it played out

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
hina logi has the best next-ep previews since sasami-san@ganbaranai. the teachers go out to the bar for drinks and gush about finding dates while scenes from the next ep play in the reflection of a pint of beer or on the wall-mounted tv or in the vice-principal's glasses

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jul 22, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

rincewind101 posted:

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

why do trailers still do this
isnt it played out

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
While I know what you meant, I couldn't help but to think about this at first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVMOlos4kVg

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is the Fate/***** show from this season good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Wark Say posted:

Is the Fate/***** show from this season good?

So far I'd say yes. The first episode was a little slow but that is pretty normal for Fate and it was a lot better than the first episode of Zero, there are a lot of fun characters and the action and animation in fights has been really good so far.

• Locked thread