Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Digirat posted:

You can throw 160% radius bombs that don't do FF and have a 40% chance to come back

:eyepop: :popeye: :eyepop:

Only selling me further on playing with the new stuff some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

seriously immolating entire hordes and not even losing the bomb after three terrorist explosions is incredible. Be balaclava elf for maximum effect.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's power creep but it's the kind of power creep where poo poo you ignored before because it wasn't 'optimal' is suddenly hilarious and great. The good kind.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Lunethex posted:

if Payday Secret was called Overdrill, then what do we call Vermintide Secret?

Rodentdrill

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Night10194 posted:

It's power creep but it's the kind of power creep where poo poo you ignored before because it wasn't 'optimal' is suddenly hilarious and great. The good kind.

I'm a hair critical of the new red trait combinations which are impossible to get normally, but the majority of this was just buffing stuff nobody ever used to the point of being worth considering now, rather than buffing everything including the OP stuff. (There were a few unnecessary buffs like targeteer and berserking, but not much). For the most part it just feels like they added way more options, much like 1.5 did for weapons. And they badly needed to revisit traits and trinkets, so I'm glad they finally did that all at once.

Only trait that that I think still really needs to be looked as is knockback. It's one of the only weak ones they left untouched.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for the longest time there was pretty much a certain set of trinkets and/or traits that you wanted to be running to do as well as you could, but the buffs actually make it so that other things are actually worth a drat. i'd be hard-pressed to call it power creep since players are still going to have to decide what they want to use over whatever else.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Really I'm just glad it's made more things more interesting to screw around with, you could already use pretty much whatever you wanted all the way up to nightmare, as long as you had a good handle on the game in general.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Digirat posted:

Everything plays a cool sound when it triggers

The most important part of the update.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

10% ammo on scavenger seems excessive.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Lunethex posted:

if Payday Secret was called Overdrill, then what do we call Vermintide Secret?

Ratshark.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Sacrificial Toast posted:

10% ammo on scavenger seems excessive.

you shut ur mouth

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The vermintide secret is over. The devs apparently dropped a hint when most people were sleeping and it was enough to finish the objective. The statue placed in the first tome area spawns four books. Every character sees one book, so they have to figure out where to stand on their own. All players interact with the statue or some such and someone jumps in a portal that opens.

http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/235540/

Here are the 5 palette swaps those lucky dogs won. When these are installed you will look like that for good, and you have to uninstall the DLC to revert back to original colors :lol:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Skins should be more different than just texture changes if they're going to charge for them imo

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I feel like this was a bigass update to appear out of nowhere, but its also awesome and good so WHATEVER

e; what a time for the steam content servers to be acting up, lol

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 12, 2017

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I had hoped they would add a shoe slot, but they went with the boring usual route and gave new clothing instead.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Since they are Too Humble to post it themselves here's the new patch video, I agree with pretty much all the opinions in this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWm-Vtmgjp4

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

we recorded that at like 1:30 AM when i was exhausted, i loathe how much i'm stammering in this video

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
It sounds fine, and I'm exactly the kinda prick who'd say if it did not.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
I thought the video was great. I just built a new pc so I'm hyped to play with the changes. Also excited to have the game run less like garbage.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

well here's another one then! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du5ldqyvQjY

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Using music from Myth means you are good people.

Now I would like a 4 person co-op Myth game like this one. Hacking through the hordes of the Dark, getting loots as a Berserk, a Warrior, a Journeyman, an Archer, and a DWARF. Imagine getting to play a Myth Dwarf in one of these games. :allears:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

we made another one on the trial of the foolhardy thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyhzdN2GmCM

i will say, one of the most delightful things about owning the channel is that when someone drives by and writes some barely legible bullshit spreading a ton of misinformation (one dude came by and said you didn't need to do the statue, and all the female/male books were interchangable - they're not) instead of tediously correcting them line by line and hoping everyone reads the whole thing, i can just delete the comment and move on with my life 10 seconds later.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

SKULLS

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Why would they put human skulls in a human tavern besieged by ratmen?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

aesthetic

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Memento mori.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The Skaven are gathering human skulls for some reason so we need to steal them and store them away somewhere safe. The Elf's room is already full so the main tavern room gets the excess.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Aleth posted:

The Skaven are gathering human skulls for some reason so we need to steal them and store them away somewhere safe. The Elf's room is already full so the main tavern room gets the excess.

so this really is a vermintide/payday 2 mashup

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

duckfarts posted:

so this really is a vermintide/payday 2 mashup

There's a skull collecting dark wood elf in payday? :v:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

a magical artifact cooking mission where the pubbie elf always puts in the wrong ingredient and blows up the team while bane lohner yells "I told you lot to be careful with that grey magic stuff!"

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Two important questions regarding the updates:

1. Is the Falchion still any good?

2. Is the Sword and Dagger any good?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Falchion is still amazing, and the Sword and Dagger is still arguably the best melee weapon in the game.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
100m rat target achieved, fancy hats for all!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Man, that is a lotta dead rats.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

rats ded. mission complete

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Is fatshark doing a Crimefest?!?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Dwarf's mining hat is cool

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Is fatshark doing a Crimefest?!?

ratpocolypse in concordance with GW doing some skull based promotion

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
And yet still no TW:W crossover stuff :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
likely not happening. CA said so much on reddit.

• Locked thread