Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

NLJP posted:

So trad games is having a fun painting competition for 40k space marines where you get generated a random name and (optionally) a colour you must use and a colour you're banned from using.

I love when a goon's hatred or phobia turns up in a most random context

What a waste of a truly badass name. You would not gently caress with any military outfit that calls themselves the Storm Hippos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What a waste of a truly badass name. You would not gently caress with any military outfit that calls themselves the Storm Hippos.

Someone later passed on Brawling Company who could have been bros with the earlier Fighting Company :smith:

dunno why but the idea 80's action figure bro space marine chapters teaming up tickled me. I mean, it's dumb but that's sort of the point

edit: quote from the Fighting Company custodian:

JBP posted:

In my mind it was that old image of the crimson fists dude with a power fist in front of a nuke going off, except there were two orange dudes with power fists, multiple nukes going off and one had a banner with FIGHTING while the other had a banner with BRAWLING.

NLJP has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Jul 20, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

I hate (McCain) as much as anyone but there's pretty badass footage of him jumping into a sea of fire and running through it

Rhymenoserous posted:

He's going to need that prior experience where he's going.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Neddy Seagoon posted:

tbf i wouldn't want to gently caress with a company named after a huge, fast, and easily-enraged animal whose skin is so thick it is impervious to small arms fire either

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sapozhnik posted:

tbf i wouldn't want to gently caress with a company named after a huge, fast, and easily-enraged animal whose skin is so thick it is impervious to small arms fire either
Yeah, plus it would be uncomfortable to fight something with your mother's name.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Deadliest animal in Africa, not counting deaths by infection. Absolute motherfuckers. Good eating, though.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, plus it would be uncomfortable to fight something with your mother's name.

I don't have PM's so I'm just gonna give you a quick high-five for renaming Isis Cures Troons.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

sorry dude but if that post ever touched an actual joke there would be a blinding flash of light followed by absolute nothingness

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Saw this one recently

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

sorry dude but if that post ever touched an actual joke there would be a blinding flash of light followed by absolute nothingness

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Genuinely did not expect the greedo in the rear end to actually be real and well, there's a thing :lol:

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Genuinely did not expect the greedo in the rear end to actually be real and well, there's a thing :lol:

My favorite post from that thread:

Abugadu posted:

A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
Butthole Greedo

I giggle every time I remember it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

I can't argue with this. It was weak.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
More like LiesAren'tUseful

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Deadliest animal in Africa, not counting deaths by infection. Absolute motherfuckers. Good eating, though.

Public service announcement, the story linked in the quote above is great and you should read it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

burexas.irom posted:

Public service announcement, the story linked in the quote above is great and you should read it.

It is one of the best stories you could ever possibly read in my opinion.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah that was a fantastic piece of fiction.

"Lake Cow"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah that was a fantastic piece of fiction.

"Lake Cow"

Uh it happened and they're making a movie about it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The whole time I was reading it I kept thinking "this would be an awesome movie", then I went and checked and yeah they are gonna make that movie

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
I think I'll watch the movie instead. :effort:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

HerStuddMuffin posted:

I think I'll watch the movie instead. :effort:

Or you can shortcut it and listen to The Dollop that did an episode on this same thing.
http://thedollop.net/wp/episode-104-dollop/

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

I feel like I finally made it on these here forums.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Rhymenoserous posted:

I feel like I finally made it on these here forums.

It's bad form to ackowledge it (which you would know if you had LURKED MORE). Reported :hehe:

:regd08:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Isn't Frank's just a standard buffalo sauce?

Sid Vicious posted:

White people use every part of the frank's

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Please, everyone knows Han shat first.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rasta_Al posted:

Hah! Maybe ur small lil poopy dilz. Get that poo poo outta here. My dick is like a fuckin fat meat turd u can only get after eating trump steaks for a week straight.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

you can't move that; that's a load-bearing intern

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Powaqoatse posted:

It's bad form to ackowledge it (which you would know if you had LURKED MORE). Reported :hehe:

:regd08:

shutup nerd.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

no u

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Honestly, the classics still make me laugh.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Since when was Bill Clinton a structural engineer?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Since when was Bill Clinton a structural engineer?

I'm told he never had a problem with his erector set.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Jedit posted:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Jedit posted:

:vince:

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Sneakster posted:

In defense of the nazi twink, he probably just hates women because he understands what its like to be beautiful and evil. The white supremacy stuff is probably just low self-esteem sublimating covert narcissism, and he'd soften up on it if he met a cute Ethiopian guy, leading him to drop nazi stuff to support a eugenics movement lead by beautiful men.

I think this is pretty funny with no context

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I met a gay nazi dude at a punk show who was a huge fan of Ernst Rohm (or however that's spelled) and he was absolutely disgusted that I'd dated guys outside of my race cause he didn't believe in mixing races and I was like dude we're gay, you absolute moron. Do you think a black dude is gonna get me pregnant

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SaltyJesus posted:

I think this is pretty funny with no context
And you'd be right.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Aesop Poprock posted:

I met a gay nazi dude at a punk show who was a huge fan of Ernst Rohm (or however that's spelled) and he was absolutely disgusted that I'd dated guys outside of my race cause he didn't believe in mixing races and I was like dude we're gay, you absolute moron. Do you think a black dude is gonna get me pregnant

wait, I thought that's how you make more gay black dudes

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

wait, I thought that's how you make more gay black dudes

No they occur automatically whenever a black kid wears really tight jeans and accidentally turns the channel to rupauls drag race. Nature is beautiful

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hey, no spoilers, some of us haven't seen Moonlight yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

WampaLord posted:

For someone who does taxidermy you are bad at identifying things.