Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

CheeseFactory posted:

I am very confident this beta has SBMM.

The quality of the enemies on day 1 vs day 3 is night and day.

Still getting shot around corner and delayed damage. It's frustrating.

It definitely does, I'm pretty sure they admitted to it in TWAB today??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

CheeseFactory posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/541298222044819456

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

A little delayed damage prior and a no-damage phantom-man tonight for an exchange, and my opponents are def far better now than day one. You're right, for sure.

Not complaining tho :) This is an old, crappy build they're running experiments with and the game is going to be great. I mean, I did put on my big boy confidence and trust undies today but I think it's more than that, I think my read of things is on point.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

TWAB posted:

While the new Quickplay and Competitive modes are designed to serve different moods, they are using the same MM settings in the Beta. We’ll be able to tune these separately post-Beta, and your playtesting will help us going forward. For those of you who are wondering, we bucket you separately depending on the playlist, so your Quickplay skill is tracked separately from your Competitive skill.

Dedicated sweaty mode works great in overwatch, glad bungie stole the idea. Dumb that they still decided to obscure the MM score/rank/whatever though

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Mikey-San posted:

I'm very happy that sprint lock is gone. Good loving riddance. :toot:

Yeah ill pay that

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Well. It does appear that i did get owned.

Man bungie really have a boner for SBMM. Even shoving it into their beta. loving hell.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hope we get more parts where other players show in the game. And I think makes sense to expect that. It would be kind of weird if is a thing that only happens in 1 mission.

Suddenly all the dumb ideas of pvp in the raid, or no-raiders showing in a raid makes more sense. At least I hope we get something like the Vault of Glass, where the raid start in a public area, and randoms can help.

8 pvp players somehow ended in a assault
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peeGbu91B3E

Tei fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jul 21, 2017

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
http://i.imgur.com/BJvgKf9.gifv

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

this thread has convinced me that SBMM is poo poo, but playing the beta has convinced me that SBMM is neccesary

so what it is? perhaps SBMM but with pretty large "tiers".

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tei posted:

this thread has convinced me that SBMM is poo poo, but playing the beta has convinced me that SBMM is neccesary

so what it is? perhaps SBMM but with pretty large "tiers".

Like 3 tiers total sure.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
http://i.imgur.com/IlXlM4C.gifv

"i should continue standing here, this is fine"

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mikey-San posted:

"i should continue standing here, this is fine"

In his defense, it was a arc weapon *trying very hard to be funny and failing* A thunderbolt never strike in the same place two times */trying very hard to be funny and failing*

8 players assault
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_7t4_eDeKw

The Division did it first. They made the boss into mouse food.

Another interesting video. going out of bounds (not the cistern)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_t3u4Wp9W8

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jul 21, 2017

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

CheeseFactory posted:

My ultra sweaty 4 man came up against another ultra sweaty 4 man team last night. Twice in a row.

In the first game they took control of B first and camped it the entire match. They wiped the floor with us.

In the second game we took control of B first and camped it and we wiped the floor with them.

Neither games were close. Both team had equally highly skilled players.

With abilities, ammo, weapon damage and movement speed being so low, the options for making plays or getting teams out of position are extremely limited.

Both those games were boring and poo poo. Losing sucked but winning gave no sense of accomplishment. In the game we won i killed their fision rifle dude with my fusion rifle then kill 4 more guys with my fusion rifle unopposed.

Oh and the connections still sucked loving dick.

I'm worried about Destiny 2.

Just screwing around solo rolling I had a similar experience. Games were rarely close, you either smoked them or got smoked. I had maybe 2 close games over all and it because was everybody trying to lonewolf and not making a cohesive push as a team.

Ability spam was an issue in D1, but the huge nerf to abilities is too much. Hopefully the full game will mediate it with armor effects in the full release.

I understand they are trying to make this an esport/super balanced, but I don't care for it. It feels way too much like Halo 5.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Replace Mara with Cortana imo

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
What's weird is the incredible disparity between supers now. Like the Nova Bomb is total trash now with the "light jog" speed of the projectile whereas every other super including striker can now roam and kill multiple targets around the map.

I mean, the supers are pretty powerful, so it makes sense that you don't get many of them a match but it kind of ruins the fun of it. Not sure why striker needed to also have mega-shoulder charge added to the slam, or why nova bomb is suddenly the only 'single charge' super.

i do really like how you fly around the map with the dawnblade when it activates and you can jump like three times higher.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
"ability spam" is what sets destiny pvp apart from other shooters, bungie is great at gunplay but if i wanted to play loving halo i would

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Except that Halo is a really bad game now.

But yes, space magic chaos is what made Destiny fresh. They should be giving us more of that, not less.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's because mega sweaty chuds get really mad when they are killed by supers, as in D1 even lovely players can always get a kill or 2 with them. These players have bitched and moaned enough about this that the crucible team somehow got it in their heads that supers aren't fair or something.

The thing is, and as you can see in the beta, people who are good will be good in any meta. People who get owned will get owned by gun, grenades, supers, whatever. Now everyone is still owning and getting owned just like before, but the game feels bland as hell.

Destiny1 mayhem was unbalanced as hell, was a total GG fest, still had SBMM out the rear end, but it was fun as gently caress and really captured their "don't take this seriously guys" ethos they claimed they were shooting for. I can't remember ever really tilting in mayhem, because I knew what it was.

They've moved as far away from that as possible. Because they are idiots. Overwatch and actual tailored esports games will eat their lunch in the competitive realm, and casuals aren't going to want to play 4v4 teamshot simulator.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

xzzy posted:

But yes, space magic chaos is what made Destiny fresh. They should be giving us more of that, not less.

There has been an amazing 3rd person fantasy console RPG inside Destiny this whole time. Given that the current crowd at Bungie is a bunch of WoW grogs I'm kind of surprised they didn't just drop the whole FPS thing. They seem more annoyed with PvP than anything else. Like just so put out that people expect it and they have to keep dealing with it.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 21, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Pvp is cool and good

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

3rd person shooters are bad and we should never bring it up again.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
They'll make super timers and grenade timers shorter, and make the blockades/fountains or whatever timers longer. There's no way they keep it so even if you pick up everyone's orbs you can't build another super

Had a game with 20+ kills and still only got one super. I'm in denial that they'll ship it like that.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tanks tanks tanks, two of them at once on the same screen, in motion

Reaaaally hoping for Big Team Battle at some point now or in the next few expansions

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I really just want Fire Fight back.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
The hell is teamshotting?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Monolith. posted:

Ask Rasheed's mom.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Monolith. posted:

2v1 or higher, rolling in packs that a lone player has almost no chance against barring a major luck or skill imbalance

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Bungie should just port D1 PvP to D2 and tweak it a bit. Maybe focus on more compelling PvE content.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Monolith. posted:

Shooting together as a team. Normally it's a good idea. The problem here is that it's pretty tough to kill any good player now before he can disengage, so instead of a good and smart tactic it's a mandatory thing.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

They'll make super timers and grenade timers shorter, and make the blockades/fountains or whatever timers longer. There's no way they keep it so even if you pick up everyone's orbs you can't build another super

Had a game with 20+ kills and still only got one super. I'm in denial that they'll ship it like that.

Bruh I love u and ur krew 4 life but u need to see reality here. The entire pvp game is 4v4. They have a vision here.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

sup destiny 2 is dope af on ps4. so do i just join the discord and get the goon group invite from there or whatever

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

sup destiny 2 is dope af on ps4. so do i just join the discord and get the goon group invite from there or whatever

yep you got it. hop on in

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
It would be really super if they could let us "beta test" a new map this weekend

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

el B posted:

It would be really super if they could let us "beta test" a new map this weekend

They will, except it's a social map, and most of the interactive bits will be disabled, and it's only open for an hour. Enjoy the new soccer PVP mode!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

haveblue posted:

They will, except it's a social map, and most of the interactive bits will be disabled, and it's only open for an hour. Enjoy the new soccer PVP mode!

I'm charging my waveforms right now in anticipation

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

haveblue posted:

I didn't think the Splatoon method of testing would catch on, but here we are.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Waffle House posted:

yep you got it. hop on in

post the link pls

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

haveblue posted:

I'm almost sad I'll be at work, except since it's stripped down idgaf and I'll just watch videos goons post

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

poor life choice posted:

post the link pls

https://discord.gg/s3bu43s JOIN US

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

What's weird is the incredible disparity between supers now. Like the Nova Bomb is total trash now with the "light jog" speed of the projectile whereas every other super including striker can now roam and kill multiple targets around the map.

I mean, the supers are pretty powerful, so it makes sense that you don't get many of them a match but it kind of ruins the fun of it. Not sure why striker needed to also have mega-shoulder charge added to the slam, or why nova bomb is suddenly the only 'single charge' super.

i do really like how you fly around the map with the dawnblade when it activates and you can jump like three times higher.

so in other words, youve been owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I've never been owned