Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Larry Parrish posted:

I wish I could go back in time

So do your parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Yah... uhh. I hate Fallout 4 as well! Yah! I'm cool too!

Please Ignore the fact I somehow put 250+ hours into it without mods.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm vaguely considering playing this again with mods on the PC. A few questions,

Are there any interesting total overhauls that make combat interesting again?
Does current modding rely on the DLC? Because it's an additional 50 bucks, and I honestly sort of hated it when I played on the PS4.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

While I still think Fallout New Vegas is the better game 4 is more fun to play if that makes any sense.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

wafflemoose posted:

While I still think Fallout New Vegas is the better game 4 is more fun to play if that makes any sense.

Yup, that's my argument with 3 as well. NV has a better plot and writing, but 3 and 4 are much more enjoyable game-spaces.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I still hold the opinion that Fallout 4 is a good game, but not a very good Fallout game.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
i hate all of you

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

TracerM17 posted:

Yah... uhh. I hate Fallout 4 as well! Yah! I'm cool too!

Please Ignore the fact I somehow put 250+ hours into it without mods.

I put quite a lot of time into Fallout 4 and yet I do not consider it to be a particularly good game

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kokoro Wish posted:

Yup, that's my argument with 3 as well. NV has a better plot and writing, but 3 and 4 are much more enjoyable game-spaces.

NV is a good game but the toy size of the game world is really apparent today and it doesn't address it as well as Morrowind

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been playing it for the first time over the past few days, and while it's not as good as NV (well, combat is better), I'm not seeing the pile of poo poo the internet tells me it is. :downs:

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Have you not read the thread? You can only realise it's mediocrity once you've invested at least 120hours of your life into the game. :colbert:

Seeing all possible faction endings, maxing out most NPCs and completing the DLCs is not mandatory but considered good etiquette.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
I've put nearly 900 hours into Fallout 4. It's an okay game. But it's a bad Fallout game.

Bogart posted:

i hate all of you

Discussion > Games > Fallout 4: i hate all of you

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
so is there any real downside to siding with lorenzo?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Thefluffy posted:

so is there any real downside to siding with lorenzo?

Gasp! You can't side with Lorenzo! He'll use his dark powers to conquer the world, ushering in a Lovecraftian reign of madness kill a couple NPCs you didn't care about and then putter around the in same map location for ever.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The gun he gives you is very bad. The one you get from Jack is pretty good for a nuclear physicist character.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If you side with loredo then Iorveth gets captured and you have to pick between killing loredo or saving him.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Lorenzo's outfit is too sweet to pass up.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I hate this Stupid game!

*plays for 8 hours straight*

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The game is deeply flawed, but still incredibly engrossing at it's core. One can be extremely critical of it while also still enjoying it enough to sink a ton of hours into.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
AKA A Bethesda game.

Slowpoke Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 21, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I honestly would love an Enhanced/Special edition of Fallout 3.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Kokoro Wish posted:

I honestly would love an Enhanced/Special edition of Fallout 3.

They already did this

They called it Fallout 4 :smug:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So when the hubologists go into the Ultimate UFO and had me start it up. Why did they all die because I stood in the center and spun around?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

So when the hubologists go into the Ultimate UFO and had me start it up. Why did they all die because I stood in the center and spun around?

Because you can't follow instructions :colbert:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MikeJF posted:

Because you can't follow instructions :colbert:

How did my spinning make them explode? I'm also running into another problem, I can't complete the Home Sweet Home quest because my raider bases are unhappy? I had to assign raiders to farm so they didn't starve. Nm, the quest was bugged just had to reload.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jul 21, 2017

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

How did my spinning make them explode? I'm also running into another problem, I can't complete the Home Sweet Home quest because my raider bases are unhappy? I had to assign raiders to farm so they didn't starve.
You put in too many batteries lol

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Why didn't I also explode then?

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

Why didn't I also explode then?

You weren't spinning.

Although technically you were the only one spinning.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Finished up the end of nuka world, was kind fun but having the general of the Minutemen also be the raider king seems pretty stupid. I went to the settlements to tell them to leave with my minuteman hat on.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 21, 2017

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Finished up the end of nuka world, was kind fun but having the general of the Minutemen also be the raider king seems pretty stupid. I went to the settlements to tell them to leave with my minuteman hat on.

On the other hand, murdering all those idiot, useless fuckers was very satisfying!

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Tenzarin posted:

I enjoyed it as a final fall to villainy for my character

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

I enjoyed it as a final fall to villainy for my character

"Fall?"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tenzarin posted:

Make sure you go have a chat with Preston to tell him the bad news about the settlers who need our help.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
The raider mechanic just seemed too tacked on and not in keeping with the theme of the rest of the game so I've never bothered with it, even for settlements I don't care about.

Instead I usually clean out the park of monsters, assign each area to a gang, turn the power on then murder all the raiders as I went and rode all the rides.

I kind wish Bethesda kept making DLC so they could expand on the main world a bit. The (story) expnsions they did make were alright but left me wanting more, really.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Does anything else get CTD when trying to scrap or move anything in Sanctuary? I've had to abandon it and move on to another settlement.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Ping ponging between the Commonwealth and Nukaworld just to report to the raider settlement quest giver in survival mode was NOT fun.

Stank of a rush job.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Rinkles posted:

survival mode was NOT fun.

survival mode isn't supposed to be fun, it's for masochists.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Nah.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Entropic posted:

survival mode isn't supposed to be fun, it's for masochists.

In general I like Survival mode, but it has some flaws. Turning off fast travel does not make the game more fun, and not allowing the player to save anytime was an astoundingly stupid idea. We're talking "land war in Asia" levels of stupid.

Of course, if you're on PC, Mods Fix Everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gynovore posted:

In general I like Survival mode, but it has some flaws. Turning off fast travel does not make the game more fun, and not allowing the player to save anytime was an astoundingly stupid idea. We're talking "land war in Asia" levels of stupid.

Of course, if you're on PC, Mods Fix Everything.

You can get those mods that make Survival cool on the Bone, too.

And the PlayStation too I guess

• Locked thread