Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I trust him to do something more interesting with that than Civil War 2 or Dark Knight 3, but whatever happened to his neat sounding Batman: Black and White series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

Whatever happened to his neat sounding Batman: Black and White?

Or Multiversity Too.

A sequel to Arkham is the last thing I want from him.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I would sooner watch Confederate than read another GMoz take on WW. God that first one was wank.

I'm interested in Arkham Asylum Too: A Seriouser House on Seriouserth, though.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I remember Multi2 was going to be a series of graphic novels, the first fulfilling his wish to write The Flash again.
Gimme Morry Flash!

e: AA2 is Burnham on art :toot:
Also pumped to the young line if they keep up the quality from Gotham Academy (or what it used to be. I dropped off.)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 21, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you're going to post a rumor purporting to reveal something that's been a long running mystery and is set for a big reveal in a comic you use spoiler tags. It's not rocket science people. Some people don't want to know that stuff in advance. It doesn't matter if it's only a rumor because sometimes rumors are right. If I read a rumor revealing there was a bigger villain than Manhattan in this Rebirth story I'd post it in spoiler tags because there's people that I'm sure don't want to know that. Me personally I don't care because I don't really care about spoilers. But I do care about people that care about them. It's common courtesy and sense.

Also I gave a warning. I didn't probate or ban anyone specifically because even though it's common sense it wasn't explicitly spelled out. But now it is.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/888170560567390208

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/888173164936675328

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

If this is another press conference that doesn't actually result in any cool new ongoings being announced I will be mildly disappointed.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/888172625859551233

Welp

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's a bit confusing. So is it a 12 month long monthly title that all takes place after the end of the 12 months of publishing it occurs during? I'm probably overthinking this but that's what it sounds like.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

X-O posted:

If you're going to post a rumor purporting to reveal something that's been a long running mystery and is set for a big reveal in a comic you use spoiler tags. It's not rocket science people. Some people don't want to know that stuff in advance. It doesn't matter if it's only a rumor because sometimes rumors are right. If I read a rumor revealing there was a bigger villain than Manhattan in this Rebirth story I'd post it in spoiler tags because there's people that I'm sure don't want to know that. Me personally I don't care because I don't really care about spoilers. But I do care about people that care about them. It's common courtesy and sense.

Also I gave a warning. I didn't probate or ban anyone specifically because even though it's common sense it wasn't explicitly spelled out. But now it is.

What is the difference between a rumor and speculation in this case? I legitimately do not understand the difference between Johnston posting a theory he heard and anyone of us posting theories we've heard besides the fact that it links to a different site.

It's important we know these things so we don't get warnings and bans thrown at other people who speculate about stuff in the future. If I make a prediction right now about who I think Oz is, with a few comic panels everyone's seen to back it up, does that require a spoiler?

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 21, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

What is the difference between a rumor and speculation in this case? I legitimately do not understand the difference between Johnston posting a theory he heard and anyone of us posting theories we've heard besides the fact that it links to a different site.

It's important we know these things so we don't get warnings and bans thrown at other people who speculate about stuff in the future.

Speculation is me or you having a theory based on clues in the storytelling that we've read. Rumor is someone that actually does have connections in that company and has a history of getting at least some stories right telling you they heard this from someone in the know. This isn't a theory Rich is putting together from the text we've all read. It's a rumor that someone supposedly knows this information and shared it. That's a pretty definitive line.

EDIT: If you make a prediction that Oz is Ozymandias based on what you've read, no that's not a spoiler.

EDIT 2: Yes I know it's Bleeding Cool and Rich Johnston, but they do get some things right sometimes even if they have a poor record overall.

X-O fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 21, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

X-O posted:

That's a bit confusing. So is it a 12 month long monthly title that all takes place after the end of the 12 months of publishing it occurs during? I'm probably overthinking this but that's what it sounds like.

I bet they're giving everyone a year to get storylines done before SOMETHING HAPPENS which everyone has to deal with the moment it finishes, if not a just bunch of new books/runs/reboot.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

It takes place a year from now. So if Rebirth is in 2017 Doomsday is happening in 2018.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This issue of Green Lantern I bought has a PSA about AIDS featuring Nightwing, Beast Boy, and Cyborg.

And Beast Boy has a mullet.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
lol, Doomsday Clock won't end until over two and a half years after Rebirth #1

at least there supposedly won't be any tie-ins

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I guess if all you care about Rebirth is the Watchmen story, that might seem ridiculous, but letting comics do their own thing for a good long while between eventy stuff is all good by me.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yeah, I'm glad we had a good long while for a status quo to build up before diving into the next thing in six months.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah I have no problem with it other than the fact I think doing it for a full year is just dragging it out. I'm mainly against bi-monthly books but this is one of the cases where it would probably be preferable.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
You know, I really, really like Arkham Asylum. I'm intrigued at the idea of a sequel, but I'm also not really sure what it would be.

As for Doomsday Clock, I just kinda want to get the stupid idea of merging Watchmen in done with, but I do think that having time between the big events is nice, Marvel.

Edit: According to CBR, AA2 is about Damian as Batman. That's interesting.

catlord fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 21, 2017

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
My running joke is that Darkseid War is still running because gently caress if it didnt feel like that went on forever.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

catlord posted:

You know, I really, really like Arkham Asylum. I'm intrigued at the idea of a sequel, but I'm also not really sure what it would be.

As for Doomsday Clock, I just kinda want to get the stupid idea of merging Watchmen in done with, but I do think that having time between the big events is nice, Marvel.

I wish Dave McKean was coming back. It just won't be the same without him.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Morrison and Burnham did Nameless, which is really great hyperviolent existential horror, so, I'm fairly confident they can pull AA2 off.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If it's really a graphic novel follow-up to the Batman 666 storyline, IN!

e:

Barry Convex posted:

lol, Doomsday Clock won't end until over two and a half years after Rebirth #1

at least there supposedly won't be any tie-ins

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=244055788&postcount=3952

I feel like the world's greatest detective.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 21, 2017

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I kinda expected Doomsday Clock to be twelve issues 'cuz there's twelve hours on a clock, GET IT?? so that's fine with me. Without knowing anything else about it, it's hard to say whether twelve issues is too long or not, but considering there's no tie-ins whatsoever and barely any substantive lead-up, I'm leaning on the side of twelve issues being just about right.

Also, Lex Luthor vs. Ozymandias is something I never even knew I wanted until it was mentioned here :haw:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07/20/didio-lee-conversation-future-dc-sdcc/

quote:

One young fan asked whether or not Warren Ellis‘ snowflake view of the universe would ever cross over with the Multiverse. While there was no formal answer, Morrison still had something to say.

“I love that Warren’s multiverse is a snowflake. For all us liberals out there it’s perfect.”

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

catlord posted:

That's me leaping the hell off that train then.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
Get ready for WB to quickly mine that Arkham comic for their next Arkham game.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did they say at the panel that Doomsday Clock (DC GET IT) was monthly? They told us previously that it was going to be weekly.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

goldenoreos posted:

It better happen now. You put it out there, and I need it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

goldenoreos posted:

I don't think Morrison's story will be 50% Batmobile though so it won't provide enough material.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Glad to see DC is well aware of who their darling is right now. Here's to hoping it manifests in books and not just marketing

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Well, I guess I can comfortably take WW off my subscription list as soon as Fontana's arc is over.

Bleeding Cool posted:

While there were a lot of great questions asked ranging from Wonder Woman’s birth status (just another bastard of Zeus apparently, sorry clay baby fans)
I think this more or less confirms my suspicions that it's not that Rucka simply neglected to make her true clay origin clear by the end of his 25 issues -- which is how it had come across to me before now -- but that DC forcibly railroaded any plans he had for revealing it. Which makes me feel a bit better about Rucka's run, but much worse about DC.

What's the point of hiring the guy with the expressed intent of righting your ship if you're just going to ignore how he does so? What's the point of having a Rebirth, of trying to pull the character out of the New 52 mire, if you're just going to start inundating her with the exact same rubbish that you were trying to course-correct in the first place?

Rhyno posted:

Did they say at the panel that Doomsday Clock (DC GET IT) was monthly? They told us previously that it was going to be weekly.
Specifically mentioned it beginning this November and ending in December 2018, though apparently it'll skip March and August. *shrug*

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 21, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

TwoPair posted:

I don't think Morrison's story will be 50% Batmobile though so it won't provide enough material.

Nah half of it will be further crippling people you crippled in the previous games.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rucka's WW was WAY more dark and negative than he promised. Remember in his opening statement or blog entry or w/e he talked about getting Diana to back to smiling as a crack at the last run? I bet if you added them up, there were more joyful moments in Azz's WW.
Not that I mind at all. I'm all for the drama in both runs, but looking back, it was a bit disingenuous.

e: Maybe he had a plan to wipe out Zeus. Maybe he took the job knowing that he couldn't. Who knows, but I'm sure he didn't make 25 comics he didn't want to make.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jul 21, 2017

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I chalk this up to the movies. The daughter of Zeus origin is very much in there, so they kept it in the comics for the sake of synergy. The slides they used in the presentation even have posters of the movies and shows on them.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I miss Zola and Zeke from Azzarello's run. They brought out the best in Wonder Woman.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I'm just glad they got rid of the awful rapist Amazons from Azzarello's run. Still don't care for the Zeus origin, but I can at least stomach it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

e: Maybe he had a plan to wipe out Zeus. Maybe he took the job knowing that he couldn't. Who knows, but I'm sure he didn't make 25 comics he didn't want to make.
I'm sure he didn't. But both Rucka and Liam Sharp had mentioned on twitter how this storyline was supposed to answer all our questions, so I at least thought it was really darn conspicuous that it didn't end up answering any questions when all was said and done...and, seeing the upcoming Robinson storyline, it's now kinda obvious why.

I agree that they probably only kept the Zeus poo poo because of the movie, but that's kind of a flimsy reason when you get down to it because there's nothing saying that the comics need to follow the films to the tee -- most comics don't -- and it was a mistake to put it in the movie in the first place anyway. It barely affected anything (she could be made from clay and still be the secret Godkiller) and just so coincidentally happened to be revealed during what even people who really loved the film (including myself) would agree to be its lowest point.

And now they have to go reexamining Wonder Woman's comic origins yet again, right after we just went through all that trouble to streamline the setting and mythos during Year One, because this version of the Zeus birth can't be the same as Azzarello's version of the Zeus birth since the Year One gods and Amazons are all so different so I guess now we have to see Diana wangsting about how her dad is Zeus and her brother is Ares and blah blah blah yet a-frikkin'-gain, all in the middle of a story about finding her secret siblings and especially her SUPER IMPORTANT BROTHER. It's the bloody New 52 all the gently caress over again, and I thought the whole point of Rebirth was to not be that because it bloody failed and was one of the very worst thing to happen to DC Comics, and especially Wonder Woman!

*pauses for breath, hits up more crack*

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The N52 was cool. Especially Superbro, Azzarello's WW, RHATO, Flash, Johns' GL, Aquaman, JLD, All Star Western, Winnick's Batwing, Superboy and even TT had some fun stuff going with it. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Teenage Fansub posted:

If it's really a graphic novel follow-up to the Batman 666 storyline, IN!

e:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=244055788&postcount=3952

I feel like the world's greatest detective.

I plead guilty, I just want the Watchmen crap to be over and done with as soon as possible so I can go back to pretending it never happened

anyways, Arkham Asylum 2 is cool and all but I don't really understand why it's called that - Damian as protagonist and CB on art means it'll have a drastically different feel from the original.