Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

Also this from one of the dominions lp threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Watching the Republican party and Donald Trump self destruct should be funny as hell and so satisfying except he's the president and we need a strong leader in times of international crisis. I'm really scared what would happen if something really serious happens

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So will the new press sec ever go on camera for anyone but Alex jones, Fox News, and christian news networks?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Press Secretary of the future? More like press secretary of the past.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Cimber posted:

Watching the Republican party and Donald Trump self Emily would be funny as hell and so satisfying except he's the president and we need a strong leader in times of international crisis. I'm really scared what would happen if something really serious happens

I'm self-Emilying right now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Xombie posted:

This is literally a topic people have been talking about for two weeks.

No, this is pretty big. They found out Veselnitskaya has been legal counsel for the FSB on several occasions in the last 20 years. That combined with her representation of the personal interests of government officials (oligarchs) she's pretty much as close to the "unofficial Deputy Solicitor General of Russia" as you can get.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Rigel posted:

That has always been the case. From Washington to Obama and now Trump, its been mostly agreed that a sitting president can't be tried for federal crimes, and if we remove Trump from office, Pence will pardon him.

BUT sitting presidents did face repercussions. What's going on here is that the current one doesn't, ever, by manipulating law. That kind of undermines the whole trust and honor system through every level of that society. When people lose faith in that government, they stop caring leading to more of the same and worse with little public outcry because "lol, nothing will happen"

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Doctor Butts posted:

I'm self-Emilying right now.

That is what I get for using voice to text and not proofing it before hitting submit

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Scaramucci Scaramucci
Sean will Speak with Rich Engel
Plutocrats Infighting doesnt seem inviting EEK
Mike Pompeo, Mike Pompeo, Mike Pompeo next to go!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

This got lost in Spicetime, but the characterization that it's a "retraction" is a bit off.

Snopes has a good writeup:

https://twitter.com/snopes/status/888174240066916353

Basically the story is legit, although the widow doesn't have McCain's letter on hand so how explicitly callous his response was is currently unclear.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Crow Jane posted:

The Corinthian?

Doesn't The Corinthian smile a lot?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Illuminado posted:

Scaramucci Scaramucci
Sean will Speak with Rich Engel
Plutocrats Infighting doesnt seem inviting EEK
Mike Pompeo, Mike Pompeo, Mike Pompeo next to go!

:golfclap:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/katyturnbc/status/888436162838310912

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/888432986487750660

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So Trump's just freestyling here?

Or did he get this order from Moscow?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Gore just came out in favor of single payer, so maybe we can get Trump v Gore from the Supreme Court in a few years.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Nevvy Z posted:

She's not saying it's untrue.

This is also true about that CNN article a few months ago about some Trump TV Corp member with (potential) connections to the Russian Direct Investment Fund named...

ANTHONY SCARAMUCCI?!?!

(Trump cannot help himself, can he?)

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

ANTHONY SCARAMUCCI?!?!

One of the tamer Wiki edits I've ever seen.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/888435212874649604

That was fast.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

The Glumslinger posted:

I wonder how long until Trump learns that Mooch used to fundraise for Obama and starts to distrust and isolate him

I hope the next reporter trump talks to asks him about it

Is ‘mooch’ Michelle Obama or Scaramucci? My brain is a bit broken from reading Oklahoma Football forums.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

lol the conversations in this loving White House, Aaron Sorkin couldn't come up with this poo poo.

zenguitarman fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 21, 2017

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/888437307677790209

Holy poo poo.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

He never scored.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Scaramucci has ties to Chinese regime, so it looks like Trump is entertaining other bids for adversaries to sell the country to. Free market capitalism!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just... Out of everything Trump has loving done, how can hiring this rear end in a top hat to a job that might as well be meaningless in this administration the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
[quote="“JazzFlight”" post="“474585641”"]
It’s months away, so no one will probably care (because it will feel like 2 years between now and then), but I wonder if SNL will have Melissa McCarthy do one last goodbye/update for Sean Spicer. Probably not if no one remembers him anymore by then.
[/quote]

In a normal political world, SNL’s season opener would start with Spicer on a beach finally relaxing only to be interrupted by Trump doing something Trumpian.

That’s a normal political world. Instead the cold open will be in the rubble that was once New York, broadcast on a pee-soaked bedsheet with a slide projector using a dirty candle as it’s only light source.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

They had it premade just in case. Also since it's talking about his on-camera briefings rather than his job it may not be newly released, I haven't kept up on the show.

Caros
May 14, 2008

I think this was originally a skit dealing with he fact he doesn't do on camera briefings anymore. That or they expected this like everyone else.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/888438411106889728

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

This is just further proof that Trump is a petulant child who enjoys riling people up and acting out of spite for people who tell him he can't or shouldn't do something. The fact that both Reince and Bannon are against it is very impressive.

(Also I want to make a fantasy novel where the villain's two henchmen are named Reince and Bannon)

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Rigel posted:

I think you missed my point. If Trump is impeached and removed from office for election shenanigans, Pence takes over and the GOP still has the white house. My mechanism allows the Dems to compete again in the early election.

Apply your idea to the current situation. Do you really see the Republican's voting to hold a new election that would likely result in them losing power? The current system at least gives some incentive for the party in power to take action against a rogue executive without losing political power. Your idea would require them to gamble on losing power in order to hold that executive accountable. So how exactly do you think that would play out better than the current system that actually has a lower bar to clear.

Caros
May 14, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

This is just further proof that Trump is a petulant child who enjoys riling people up and acting out of spite for people who tell him he can't or shouldn't do something. The fact that both Reince and Bannon are against it is very impressive.

(Also I want to make a fantasy novel where the villain's two henchmen are named Reince and Bannon)

Just make sure you give them small dicks for liability purposes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Just... Out of everything Trump has loving done, how can hiring this rear end in a top hat to a job that might as well be meaningless in this administration the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Spicer, Bannon, and Priebus basically staked their reputations on keeping him out of the white house, from the look of it.

It seems only Spicer has the balls to follow through.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/acosta/status/888437307677790209

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Scaramucci, Scaramucci, can you make the Spice man go.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Spicer, Bannon, and Priebus basically staked their reputations on keeping him out of the white house, from the look of it.

It seems only Spicer has the balls to follow through.

Yeah, Priebus is a massive bitch.

https://twitter.com/jpaceDC/status/888438403083231235

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Sean Spicer's probably going to end up working at CNN. He and Chris Cillizza seem like a perfect match.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Constitutionally prohibited how?

Fort starters:

Amendment XV
Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
(also the 14th amendment)

Congress was given authority over voting matters, not the courts, specifically because the courts hosed up catastrophically in the past on these sorts of things. Roberts has wanted to kill the VRA for decades and the majority's writing on that case is little more than "well sure Congress just reauthorized this stuff with massive bipartisan support but racism is over so this law isn't needed."

The VRA was Congress putting the 14th and 15th in to effect, precisely to combat the exact poo poo that the GOP has been ramping up ever since Roberts and co gutted it. While preclearance should just be a nationwide thing, the notion that it (among other things) are unconstitutional because they target historically oppressive areas more than others was absurd.

So she didn't delete it because it was untrue, she deleted it because her boss threatened to fire her if she didn't.

Wonder if she supports organized labor.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

mcmagic posted:

https://medium.com/@JonathanCohn/only-32-house-democrats-voted-against-reauthorizing-trumps-deportation-machine-95c308ba5439

This is loving despicable. Only 32 Dems voted against the authorization to fund the jackbooted thugs of ICE.

voted against posted:

Keith Ellison (MN-05)

run for president keith ellison

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aww no more Spicy time. Off to the speaking circuit or book writing for him?. I can't imagine anybody hiring him for anything serious.

I await Donald's message about poor ratings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KateNocera/status/888439797118902274

oohhboy posted:

Aww no more Spicy time. Off to the speaking circuit or book writing for him?. I can't imagine anybody hiring him for anything serious.

"And now we turn to our newest CNN analyst..."

• Locked thread