Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

JailTrump posted:

He supported Obama in 2008.

Only after following Obama around at fundraising events and asking him to be softer on Wall Street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to wrap my head around how absolutely hosed up this administration currently is and is becoming. Like... they just keep raising the loving bar. You get used to one level of corruption and incompetence (sort of), and then something like this comes out. I'm drowning.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Condiv posted:

i hope we continue to see spicey from time to time. his backstory isn't complete yet and i think his character could really grow

Can't wait for Spicey's redemption arc.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Trabisnikof posted:

I'm sure CNN or MSNBC will pick him up.

yes, but how will they make him spicy? having a swarm of press to mock and humiliate spicey was what made him him. i dunno if they could pull it off if they took his character in that direction

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Deets

https://twitter.com/swin24/status/888444848906350592

quote:

Spicer was not the only one opposed to Scaramucci’s hiring. His deputy, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, was as well. So, too, was chief of staff Reince Priebus and chief strategist Steve Bannon, who vocally opposed Trump’s decision, two senior Trump administration officials told The Daily Beast.

According to three senior officials with knowledge of the situation, they and other top aides worried that the Scaramucci hiring would perpetuate the notion of “amateur hour” in the West Wing. White House officials who opposed Scaramucci’s planned rise in Trump’s ranks have referred to the incoming new addition as a “joke” and as a Trump-world “hanger-on” who isn’t qualified for the job and is unprepared to handle the near-constant communications crisis dogging President Trump, senior White House aides noted.

But the president is a fan of Scaramucci’s big personality, having appreciated his fervent defense of the administration during numerous cable-news hits. Trump had tried to find Scaramucci other positions inside the administration, but they repeatedly fell through.

The president’s decision has the blessing of top advisers such as Hope Hicks, and family members and White House staff Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner. The move underscores the degree to which Trump remains committed to surrounding himself with flamboyant political outsiders—a key aspect of his political appeal, but one that some of his aides say hampers his legislative agenda and attempts to more deftly navigate Washington’s idiosyncratic culture.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

For those mourning the loss of SNL Spicer sketches, it's SNL, they're gonna milk that thing to death and turn Sean Spicer into the Littlest Hobo.

Sean Spicer works at Denny's and yells at people for wanting details on the food.

Sean Spicer works a Customer Complaints desk

Sean Spicer works Retail

Sean Spicer works Summer Stock as Willy Loman

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Oh Spicy is finally dead?

I hope they mummify him with pure Capsaicin. Jut fill the whole coffin with it put the body on it then cover the body with more Capsaicin.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Condiv posted:

yes, but how will they make him spicy? having a swarm of press to mock and humiliate spicey was what made him him. i dunno if they could pull it off if they took his character in that direction

It would be funny if they made him go be the reporter for the daily White House Press Briefings.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Condiv posted:

Spivey's character will drop into the 6+ talking head round tables great. He can say something stupid and Van Jones can interrupt to lecture him. It will be great.

That or the Spicer Show sponsored by Pace.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

lol grifters abound

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/888440965895262210

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
In case anyone was wondering how redditors on T_D feel about this:

NOW we can finally drain the swamp!

quote:

Drudge was hinting Spicer was a leaker for months now. If the anon is correct about the 27th, Trump is making moves. He'll be getting rid of the leakers, RINOs and cucks in his administration now. Then the swamp will start to be drained after the 27th. If the Anon is bullshit again, then Trumps in serious trouble and needs an entirely new communications team to help him progress his agenda and Spicer was bad at communicating it. Take your pick, but that seems to be the two options.

Lots of talk about something they expect to happen on the 27th. On what someone expects on that date:

quote:

I am not qualified to speculate but I will, My guess is that formal charges are about to be filed against one of the swamp monsters.
(Possibly McCain, He made North Vietnamese communist propaganda in exchange for Good Boy Points during the war, They called him "SongBird". I wouldn't put it past him and the DC swamp to lie about a serious medical condition so that he can get out of testifying, Especially if he is a critical tress in their house of cards.)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Spicey fired for real?

Spicey nooooo

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

skylined! posted:

lol grifters abound

just the best people

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Fitzy Fitz posted:

White House officials who opposed Scaramucci’s planned rise in Trump’s ranks have referred to the incoming new addition as a “joke” and as a Trump-world “hanger-on” who isn’t qualified for the job

Now they care about this?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/emmaroller/status/888445072223731712

When you reach back into the hot take well one too many times.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

RiggenBlaque posted:

In case anyone was wondering how redditors on T_D feel about this:

NOW we can finally drain the swamp!

Lots of talk about something they expect to happen on the 27th. On what someone expects on that date:

they're gonna charge mccain on his deathbed? it's too hot to be christmas

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Heartwarming thought:

Those opposed to Scaramucci nearly certainly blocked Trump from spinning up some bullshit do-nothing advisory position for this guy. Now he is the White House communications director.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

No, he resigned.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Spicey nooooo

Important that this be clarified - Trump intended for him to stay (to continue doing the hard work while the guy he and nobody else wanted got to go on TV and spit out soundbites)
Not that Spicer had much influence but that's one less person who actually knows how this whole "government" thing works down the drain

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/perlberg/status/888449051540283396

Harsh.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Chilichimp posted:

Also, who the gently caress is Anthony Scaramucci?

And can he do the fandango?

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

Condiv posted:

they're gonna charge mccain on his deathbed? it's too hot to be christmas

No, no, McCain isn't on his death bed, he's faking that brain tumor to get out testifying about a completely made up story about him helping the Vietnamese during his captivity so that the gov't won't charge him for a made up crime from over 40 years ago ???? I guess? I don't even know what that guy thinks they're going to charge him with. Shaking his head solemnly at all the bad poo poo Trump has done?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Then this is great news. The main problem seems to be the actual professionals think Scaramucci is going to be yet another incompetent dead weight or loud moron added to the mix. Trump can't help shooting his own supporters in the dick for his daughter or son-in-law's friends. If it's true then we're going to see some amusing PR disasters pretty soon.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

RiggenBlaque posted:

No, no, McCain isn't on his death bed, he's faking that brain tumor to get out testifying about a completely made up story about him helping the Vietnamese during his captivity so that the gov't won't charge him for a made up crime from over 40 years ago ???? I guess? I don't even know what that guy thinks they're going to charge him with. Shaking his head solemnly at all the bad poo poo Trump has done?

Somewhere Jane Fonda is laughing.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Isn't Donnie's 3 week vacation in NJ going to gently caress the air corridor ?

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Delthalaz posted:

Then this is great news. The main problem seems to be the actual professionals think Scaramucci is going to be yet another incompetent dead weight or loud moron added to the mix. Trump can't help shooting his own supporters in the dick for his daughter or son-in-law's friends. If it's true then we're going to see some amusing PR disasters pretty soon.

"Tony, the lawyers say I shouldn't talk about Russia even though I'm totally innocent as far as everyone else knows. What should I do?"
"As your Communications guy, Donnie, I say: gently caress those lawyers. You know best, always have!"
"I knew I hired you for a reason, Tony."

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Congrats to Ben Jacobs on his new job at WWE

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Important that this be clarified - Trump intended for him to stay (to continue doing the hard work while the guy he and nobody else wanted got to go on TV and spit out soundbites)
Not that Spicer had much influence but that's one less person who actually knows how this whole "government" thing works down the drain

Yeah in the business world this would be a CEO giving his golfing buddy a cushy management job and expecting the other manager at the site to pick up the workload while the guy just fucks around all day.

Instead the other manager quit.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm late to the party on this one. Have we done the "Oh my god, I can't believe Melissa McCarthy's out of a job now" jokes yet?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Over under Spicer admitting what a poo poo show the administration is as some sort of vendetta.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Little disappointed that Dippin' Dots hasn't done anything to honor their fallen adversary.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Isn't Donnie's 3 week vacation in NJ going to gently caress the air corridor ?

why the gently caress is he going on vacation for 3 weeks

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Stairmaster posted:

would you rather he work

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ah, he hated Trump in the primary because he said something critical about hedge fund managers and because he's a poser who "comes from Queens county".

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

We have moved on to the yogurt portion of this administration. The yogurt is to help soothe the spicey.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Stairmaster posted:

Because he's going golfing. Duh.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Mr. Crow posted:

Over under Spicer admitting what a poo poo show the administration is as some sort of vendetta.

I don't think he has the courage.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mr. Crow posted:

He probably signed an NDA and 2.5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
Spicer is not the put upon, good guy that some of you folks wish he is. Just because he got ran roughshod by Donald Trump on a daily basis doesn't mean that he's a sympathetic character in all of this.

• Locked thread